Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #286
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikrow View Post

Oh yeah, one more pic from last summer...
Old 11-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #287
ballistic_ken
Aaarrrrgh!

Oddometer: 5,184
Yep 10 Days!

Should have The same crew as last year + maybe a few more.

Be cool if you could do all 10 +/-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikrow View Post
Hey BK,

Depends on work and other travel plans. How bout you? 10 days in CO?

I'll look forward to seeing you and the rest of the Farm, er, Bloom crew

M

The Duke abides!
ballistic_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #288
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #289
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,961
enduro-ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #290
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,506
Speaking of farm animals....
Y'all know why shepherds wear robes???
Sheep can hear a zipper a mile away...........

Growing older every day but never growing up.
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #291
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!

Oddometer: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRick View Post
Speaking of farm animals....
Y'all know why shepherds wear robes???
Sheep can hear a zipper a mile away...........

I heard that was why Scotsmen wear kilts.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #292
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Stupid Question Guy here...

I've been a lurker on ADVR for awhile, altho I think I've maybe posted a couple of times (mostly to make me feel self-important). This meet (rally?) sounds like about the most fun you can have with yer clothes on, and I've already talked to the GF about heading out to CO next summer. So, here it comes....

Do I need to be officially "IN" before a certain date? Done simply by posting here? Other than registration and the COHVCO donation, what else is involved in securing a spot? I visited the Durango-Silverton-Ouray area years ago and loved the trip but only had a few days to spend, so looking forward to getting back there. Been riding MCs for 45+ years, but off-road, mostly in southern KY and nothern TN, for about 10 and haven't ridden a lot of dirt since an ugly high-side in 2000. How much experience is needed to do some of the more technical rides at altitude? Still got my old gear but looking to buy another dirt bike soon.

Thx for suffering the fools...
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #293
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post

I've been a lurker on ADVR for awhile, altho I think I've maybe posted a couple of times (mostly to make me feel self-important). This meet (rally?) sounds like about the most fun you can have with yer clothes on, and I've already talked to the GF about heading out to CO next summer. So, here it comes....

Do I need to be officially "IN" before a certain date? Done simply by posting here? Other than registration and the COHVCO donation, what else is involved in securing a spot? I visited the Durango-Silverton-Ouray area years ago and loved the trip but only had a few days to spend, so looking forward to getting back there. Been riding MCs for 45+ years, but off-road, mostly in southern KY and nothern TN, for about 10 and haven't ridden a lot of dirt since an ugly high-side in 2000. How much experience is needed to do some of the more technical rides at altitude? Still got my old gear but looking to buy another dirt bike soon.

As for being IN, its not needed, the payment system is not even up yet so it does not matter if your on the list right now. The PAID list is what matters, and by paying early you save some bucks (John needs a head count for food) so hence a date, but you can always pay at the door but expect it to be more. Or you could just show up not eat and still ride with people. By paying you do get a chance to get a door prize, you get feed a few meals, and you get a bag with some goodies and fliers from our sponsors (i think the small patch was included).

There will be all different kinds of riders, in a ton of various skill levels. I would not worry too much about it, you will be able to find someone to ride with from the crazy to the easy big bike ride. You could always lone wolf it too, its all up to you. There are plenty of options.

Also people tend to help each other out, so a group tends to be as fast as the slowest person. This is not a race, although I am sure some go out and tear it up. Just like street riding, ride at your own pace don't ride above your comfort level/ability and know, the group will wait and or go back to check on you. in the harder stuff, we tend to all be bunched up and needing to wait on each other anyways.

Come on out, you will enjoy this event.
modette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #294
Casper the Cracker
just a geek

Oddometer: 17
Pretty sure I'm in. Got the wife's approval last night. It's costing me a trip to the beach for a week.
Casper the Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #295
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper the Cracker View Post
Pretty sure I'm in. Got the wife's approval last night. It's costing me a trip to the beach for a week.
Surely not a beach in Ohio, I don't recall any (well Cedar Point, if you can count that)....LOL
Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #296
Casper the Cracker
just a geek

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Surely not a beach in Ohio, I don't recall any (well Cedar Point, if you can count that)....LOL
Beaches in Ohio can kill you with ghonasifleaids. I think she wants to go to Myrtle Beach again. That's where we got married.
Casper the Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #297
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
As for being IN, its not needed, the payment system is not even up yet so it does not matter if your on the list right now. The PAID list is what matters, and by paying early you save some bucks...
Mod: Thx for the post. Purty sure the GF isn't much of a camper (thinks camping is a motel without cable, flat screen and WiFi). Do you have the whole motel site reserved for this shindig? Are there a set number of rooms/cabins reserved for the meet? Sounds like I'd better get my ride ticket punched early....
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #298
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Mod: Thx for the post. Purty sure the GF isn't much of a camper (thinks camping is a motel without cable, flat screen and WiFi). Do you have the whole motel site reserved for this shindig? Are there a set number of rooms/cabins reserved for the meet? Sounds like I'd better get my ride ticket punched early....

The rooms are not yet open, John is still working on that. But yeah, if you THINK your going to come better book a room early on. I'm the same way...not much of a camper...I don't need TV...but with my wife possibly coming with a newborn I'm getting a Cabin (so not to bug anyone with the crying. I hope to be out there very early...map some routes and what have you...I'm planning the whole week, Maybe Saturday to Sunday.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #299
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!

Oddometer: 2,569
Quote:

Welcome n00b. RMAR is awesome fun and we are all around to help you out. I started off with the first one and found the more experienced guys here were WAY helpful in getting me on dirt with my heavy Strom. I have only become a better rider going to these and no one even gave one hint at being irritated about my lack of hard core skills.

Many of the trails will be rocky, but fun. Bring rain gear!

And don't worry about the den00bing ceremony. Ignore what you have heard, the goat never actually bit anyone's junk off.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #300
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' it Strom View Post
And don't worry about the den00bing ceremony. Ignore what you have heard, the goat never actually bit anyone's junk off.
RMAR Safety Muzzle