Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 03:15 AM   #1501
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 9,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearider View Post
Guys,

I contacted Ted after getting anxious about not receiving my book and Ted gave me a tracking number. When I looked up it says delivered on 06/04 to my shock. I looked everywhere outside of my home and my mail box and found nothing. Has this happened to anyone else ? I understand that the book is delivered by Canadian postal service but once it reaches US, who picks it up ? Does anyone has any idea who I should contact locally ? UPS or USPS or Fedex etc etc

Thanks,
Hari....
Hi Hari, as mentioned in my pm's I contacted the postal service and I am waiting for info from you

As for books to the UK and other overseas destinations, books were shipped by ground due to cost....patience will sadly be needed. 6-8 weeks was the eta I was given....it's been 2 weeks. Alternately they could have been shipped air but it would have doubled the price of the book. I really didn't want to contact everyone overseas and ask for an additional $80. They are on their way, sorry for the wait

Charlie and others, thanks for the kind reviews, I'm stoked your enjoying the book

Cheers

Ted

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel

Deadly99 screwed with this post 06-12-2012 at 08:36 AM
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #1502
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,853
I just spent 2 hours looking through the book, what a great piece of work. Brodovitch, Deadly99- fantastic job!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #1503
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,330
A great testiment to Ned's success...

The International Dakar press is so fixated on the top tier teams, and really glossed over ( if even that) of Ned's accomplishments at this past year's Dakar Rally as well as many other privateers.

It's so great to have an inside view of Ned's experience through out the Rally, as well as others within the scope of Ted's book. And having the book available shortly afterwards is extremely beneficial coinciding with our memory of the events.

TFTB offers so much more appreciation for the preparation Ned implemented... and a true journal of how it all panned out in the end.

This is always the information that seasoned followers of the Dakar lust for, and can never gain full access to.

I also thoroughly enjoy the inside view of the Rally PanAm support team. Again, insight that never gets to the surface of Dakar coverage.

I'm only on Stage 7... but am savoring the moments of each chapter's read.

I'm dreading when the story ends... but hopefully there are continuations to this trilogy.

I'd love to read a follow up on/by Ned... an in depth look of his before, during and afterthoughts... favorite photos of his roadbook coinciding with photos of the terrain. And his final thoughts after the experience has completely set in.

And Charlie certainly has a prequel out there.

And of course, Ted... TFTB D13... the sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
I just spent 2 hours looking through the book, what a great piece of work. Brodovitch, Deadly99- fantastic job!

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 06-12-2012 at 01:09 PM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #1504
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Hi Hari, as mentioned in my pm's I contacted the postal service and I am waiting for info from you

As for books to the UK and other overseas destinations, books were shipped by ground due to cost....patience will sadly be needed. 6-8 weeks was the eta I was given....it's been 2 weeks. Alternately they could have been shipped air but it would have doubled the price of the book. I really didn't want to contact everyone overseas and ask for an additional $80. They are on their way, sorry for the wait

Charlie and others, thanks for the kind reviews, I'm stoked your enjoying the book

Cheers

Ted
Ted, I am sure the wait for us in the UK will be worth it !! Fully understand the reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #1505
Region Riley
rally kit widow

Oddometer: 3,451

I just finished working 7 days in a row and finally got a chance to open the book. What a fantastic escape from the last 7 days. Your passion and attention to detail are coming through loud and clear.

I don't want to ruin anything for c.vestal, but on his behalf, thank you for the kind words. Chris is again busy with work, bikes, and rally moto kit.

I really can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this project. You are transporting me to a time and place that I desperately wanted to be, but couldn't do to work constraints.

Put me down for a couple of more copies for the family and friends that questioned what Chris was doing in South America, on Christmas, without me!

Thanks again to you and Mrs. Deadly and everyone involved...it's brilliant!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #1506
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,240
Ted, guess I've had the book going on 3 weeks! I'm savoring it like "watching" it all over again....that intesity is still there even with the outcome being already known. Thanks for giving me that feeling again, you just can't rush perfection!!!! Good writing Makes me want to RACE!!!!!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #1507
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,447
With some sadness, I have finished the book this morning. Thank you so much for sharing the experience with us Ted. Awesome job, and special thanks to Ned, Toby, and others who contributed to thier personal experiences on the stages. It was a great read, and you offered great insights to the average fan from both the inside looking out as well as the outside looking in! It made the story really interesting and easy to relate to, to get both perspectives.

How many more days to the next Dakar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #1508
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,024
WOOOHOOO I have my grubby paws on on the first Peruvian edition!! Looks like mail here actually does work from time to time.

Ted & Angelo: A big THANK YOU to you both.

Ted this is magnificent!
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #1509
DORION
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Nice

Almost finished reading nice work Ted

interesting to hear recount of stages- many thanks to all that have created this
DORION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #1510
dirtkiwi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Has anyone in Australia got their copy?? Cant be long now............
dirtkiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #1511
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtkiwi View Post
Has anyone in Australia got their copy?? Cant be long now............
No. Nothing yet. I was thinking the snail mail was taking too long but am living in hope!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #1512
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
I keep coming back to this book now that I've read the physical copy, it was great as bed-time reading in the Albania race, plus I got the chance to show it to 2 professional photographers there, they were awe-struck at the amount of information and the cool photos
Old 06-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #1513
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 9,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete640 View Post
No. Nothing yet. I was thinking the snail mail was taking too long but am living in hope!

Hi Pete, overseas shipping was done by ground as air prices would have doubled the cost. 6-8 weeks delivery time unfortunately.....books were shipped 3 weeks ago....regular sales won't begin until every pre order has been received

Stoked on the feedback and glad everyone is enjoying the book

Ted

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #1514
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,240
Finished.... Now I have to start back with "The Game Of Throwns"....I need the cliff notes version...bummer. Just a great all around read from so many perspectives!!! Nicely done, Ted!!!!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #1515
Robear
Quack Kills

Oddometer: 158
Ted,

This is the book we have been craving. Honestly, from keeping up with your posts during the race I expected a good effort with the book. This is much, much better than good. Fantastic! Thanks!