ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
ezwicky OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ezwicky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 130
heated jacket cord with aerostich roadcrafter suit?

hi all, i bought recently a used roadcrafter suit which was made in 2000. there's no hole for the heated-jacket cord to exit the suit.

so, what do you heated-jacket-wearing folks with older roadcrafter suits do about this? the only thing i could see is to egress the side-zipper, but that seems like it would leave a water and wind access point open.

thanks in advance,

-eric
__________________
'76 BMW R90/6
ezwicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer
 
Offcamber's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Oddometer: 1,728
I just leave the zipper open on the side and run it through there the Velcro keeps it shut for the most part....this is the zipper that allows you to access your pants pocket.
__________________
"Beer cans explode with a nice loud pop when they are hit by a Heidenau K60 at 40 miles an hour. Now my bike smells like last call..." Me
Offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
ezwicky OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ezwicky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 130
thanks. i was thinking that would be the only option. just wanted to see if i was missing anything.

if it turns out that i end up liking this suit a lot for winter riding, i will consider sending it in to aerostich for an alteration to add a hole like they have in newer suits.

i'm still not 100% sold on the one-piece idea yet though. once i find a size 42R roadcrafter jacket to go with my pants i will see which configuration works better for me, 1-piece or 2-piece.

thanks a lot for the reply.

-eric
__________________
'76 BMW R90/6
ezwicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
StuartV
Motorcyclist
 
StuartV's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Bristow, VA
Oddometer: 1,355
I run it out the side zipper hole also, but I close the zipper as far as it will go after running the cord out. I think it's pretty darn unlikely to get any water in that way - especially since the cord hangs down from there, not up.

I had a 2-piece Roadcrafter for years. Then I picked up a 1-piece off their Sale List. Had them both for a while. Sold the 2-piece and have never missed it.

That said, I got a Motoport mesh Kevlar 2-piece a year or two after getting the RC 1-piece. My MP jacket is the kind that is waist length. Not a 3/4 length, like the RC 2-piece suit jacket. I still have my RC 1-piece (and a Darien jacket and pants), but I wear the MP suit 99% of the time. The RC gets the other 1% of play time and I haven't worn the Darien jacket or pants on a bike in years.
__________________
- Stu
'09 R12GS, '05 GSX-R1000
Iron Butt # 4999, WERA/CCS EX # 666 (currently, expired), AMA Life Member
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #5
glwestcott
surfnturf
 
glwestcott's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Stockton, CA
Oddometer: 15
Same on side zipper, but I zip it up to the cord when in use. Haven't had any rain intrusion.
glwestcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014