Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
ezwicky OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
heated jacket cord with aerostich roadcrafter suit?

hi all, i bought recently a used roadcrafter suit which was made in 2000. there's no hole for the heated-jacket cord to exit the suit.

so, what do you heated-jacket-wearing folks with older roadcrafter suits do about this? the only thing i could see is to egress the side-zipper, but that seems like it would leave a water and wind access point open.

thanks in advance,

-eric
Old 09-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,728
I just leave the zipper open on the side and run it through there the Velcro keeps it shut for the most part....this is the zipper that allows you to access your pants pocket.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
ezwicky OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
thanks. i was thinking that would be the only option. just wanted to see if i was missing anything.

if it turns out that i end up liking this suit a lot for winter riding, i will consider sending it in to aerostich for an alteration to add a hole like they have in newer suits.

i'm still not 100% sold on the one-piece idea yet though. once i find a size 42R roadcrafter jacket to go with my pants i will see which configuration works better for me, 1-piece or 2-piece.

thanks a lot for the reply.

-eric
Old 09-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
StuartV
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 1,355
I run it out the side zipper hole also, but I close the zipper as far as it will go after running the cord out. I think it's pretty darn unlikely to get any water in that way - especially since the cord hangs down from there, not up.

I had a 2-piece Roadcrafter for years. Then I picked up a 1-piece off their Sale List. Had them both for a while. Sold the 2-piece and have never missed it.

That said, I got a Motoport mesh Kevlar 2-piece a year or two after getting the RC 1-piece. My MP jacket is the kind that is waist length. Not a 3/4 length, like the RC 2-piece suit jacket. I still have my RC 1-piece (and a Darien jacket and pants), but I wear the MP suit 99% of the time. The RC gets the other 1% of play time and I haven't worn the Darien jacket or pants on a bike in years.
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #5
glwestcott
surfnturf

Oddometer: 15
Same on side zipper, but I zip it up to the cord when in use. Haven't had any rain intrusion.
glwestcott is offline   Reply With Quote