Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #121
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromsf View Post
What's the details on the upgrade program? My er6i's are getting long in the tooth.
http://www.etymotic.com/cs/outwarranty.html

I figured it is better than anything else I have seen.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #122
nfranco
over macho grande?

Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post

Thank you.
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #123
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post

hmm, thanks for posting...great company policy. Very happy with my my HF-3s...use them on every ride on the GS and for a lot of bicycle rides as well. Has anyone tried the AWARENESS app by Etymotic on a motorcycle? http://www.etymotic.com/awareness/
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #124
John Smallberries OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,228
Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
hmm, thanks for posting...great company policy. Very happy with my my HF-3s...use them on every ride on the GS and for a lot of bicycle rides as well. Has anyone tried the AWARENESS app by Etymotic on a motorcycle? http://www.etymotic.com/awareness/
Interesting - too bad it doesn't work with any Bluetooth headsets. One technology I would LOVE to have would be the ability to pump my Cardo Scala G4 microphone input into the earbuds with the push of a button (automatically would also be good!). This would let me hear people more easily with the Er6i's in. The Awareness app looks close - but not useable with my G4.
John Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 AM   #125
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunssd View Post
Earfuze Update

The earbud quality is fine and the sound good as well. My problem with them may be operator error but I'm not sure how I could have done it differently. You insert the buds in your ears and then mix the two tubs (per ear) of mix to form in your ear. I did this and dutifully left them in until they hardened. When I reinserted them, I couldn't get the seal in my ear canal since the moldings made it impossible to insert them deep enough to get a seal. I had a proper seal when I molded them. I looked at my work and noticed that since the earbuds are small, the molding barely had a grip on the earbud itself and I can't see how I could have done it any differently and still maintained both a seal in the ear canal and a proper ear mold. I ended up removing the moldings and using them as conventional earbuds. You may have better luck. I may reorder the molding material from them and try again myself. I think it's a valid concept, just hard (for me at least) to execute properly. I will tell you that they give you enough molding goop to do two sets of earbuds as I found after I'd molded mine and had to trim off the excess.

I tired them and the drivers were crap. The molding material was poor quality as well.

Run away. Huge waste of money.

Tempted to try Sugru.
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #126
John Smallberries OP
Beastly Adventurer

Sugru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
I tired them and the drivers were crap. The molding material was poor quality as well.

Run away. Huge waste of money.

Tempted to try Sugru.
I think Sugru would be a bit too stiff to be comfortable in your ear, but it is worth a try. Pics please.....
Old 03-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #127
stegs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smallberries View Post
Interesting - too bad it doesn't work with any Bluetooth headsets. One technology I would LOVE to have would be the ability to pump my Cardo Scala G4 microphone input into the earbuds with the push of a button (automatically would also be good!). This would let me hear people more easily with the Er6i's in. The Awareness app looks close - but not useable with my G4.

Is this feature available anywhere? As a result of 40+ years of working in noisy factories I am very hard of hearing and have no show of understanding what anyone is saying to me till I get my earplugs out. Something like this mike-input to earbuds would be great.
stegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #128
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by moymurfs View Post
NOTICE !!
GREEN H5s are 20 bucks off for March/St Patricks. ($59) ..might hafta pick me a couple pairs
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/mc5-buynow.html
Just a heads up... This link still works.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #129
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
FWIW, I've been using the HF's for a little while. For me and my helmet (ARAI RX-Q) they stick out a little too far. I need to jam them in my ear to the point that after a while they start to hurt. With the ER6's I could put them in far or not far as a ride went on to adjust the canal pressure. The HF's need to be in far all the time. I wear my helmet more snug than most I suspect and the RX-Q doesn't have huge ear pockets so YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by officerleroy View Post
Slightly OT, but does anyone else have problems with their er6i's under their Arai XD-3?? I've had them under Vemar, HJC, Shoei, and Suomy helmets with no problems. I'm thinking I might need to cut out some of the cheek pad foam, but I'm very hesitant to do so.

I've got either a size small or extra small helmet, and I believe that particular size comes with 5mm thicker foam than the bigger sizes.

Anyone else? Or is it just a perfect storm cobination of my head, er6i's, and the XD-3?

That's what I did. Expanded the ear pocket just a little. You won't even be able to tell.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #130
John Smallberries OP
Beastly Adventurer

nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegs View Post
Is this feature available anywhere? As a result of 40+ years of working in noisy factories I am very hard of hearing and have no show of understanding what anyone is saying to me till I get my earplugs out. Something like this mike-input to earbuds would be great.
I formally submitted this idea to the Cardo guys through their website and got a polite "nope" note back. I don't see them doing this as their system is not designed for earbuds (I had to modify mine - JetGirl in Phx can do yours for $40).

We need one of the electrically-talented gurus lurking out there to figure this out.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #131
dolomoto
Destroyer of Motorcycles

Oddometer: 2,514
At Bike Week this year, I finally got a custom set of earbuds made. I got the basic model which ran $185 and use the older, "tube" technology...there are not actual speakers in the earpieces. At speed, I don't think a more expensive set of earspeakers would matter.

A custom set of earbuds are supremely comfortable, long lasting and transmit music at enough fidelity to make the miles go by quickly. No more problems of pulling an earbud out (like I had with with Sennheisers and to a lesser degree, my last set of Shure)..no more "ear itch", no more instances of yawning/coughing, etc and having the speaker move out of my ear.

I wish that I'd gotten these custom earbuds years ago vs. buying that set of Shure earspeakers.

YMMV.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #132
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,930
Anybody ever use Westone 1?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #133
NJ Moto
Running Free

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Anybody ever use Westone 1?
I have the Westone 4 which are similarly shaped. They sound fantastic but I can't use them under a helmet. Due to the over-the-ear design they come off my ears when I put my helmet on unlike my er-6i which always stay put. You might not have this issue but thought I should mention it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuKeu...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqF_BtIwAU
"Can we get a party to finally represent us?" - Cenk Uygur
NJ Moto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #134
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Moto View Post
I have the Westone 4 which are similarly shaped. They sound fantastic but I can't use them under a helmet. Due to the over-the-ear design they come off my ears when I put my helmet on unlike my er-6i which always stay put. You might not have this issue but thought I should mention it.
I used to have that problem, but a helmet liner that covers the ears cured it :)
Old 04-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #135
soyanarchisto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcollect View Post
I used to have that problem, but a helmet liner that covers the ears cured it :)
To be clear, are you saying that you use the westone earbuds with a helmet liner and they work fine?
soyanarchisto is offline   Reply With Quote