Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #31
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker2222 View Post
If you want to add tracks to the middle of a track why don't you just cut the track in half, add the new tracks to the end of the first track and then join them back up together?
There are two ways;
Cut/save first old portion, cut/save second old portion, create new center section, past three sections back together.

or (as I said above)

Delete track points in middle that are going to be bypassed, create new section, insert new section (paste with first track point of old end section highlighted).

I use second method a lot when I have a very long hand drawn track tdhen og out and ride only portions of it and want to insert the Active Log into the hand drawn track.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #32
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,595
The method of splitting the track and adding in the new points sounds like a slight improvement. I tried it and it worked. Problem is I haven't used the track split and join features much and need some practice. Fortunately I do track segment cuts, pastes, and deletes a lot and am pretty good at it.

The methods described for Google Earth and BaseCamp are really what I was hoping was in Mapsource and just didn't know how to find.

I guess a few more advanced features like this in BaseCamp might shove me over the edge to make the switch.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #33
Spiritwalker2222
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
There are two ways;
Cut/save first old portion, cut/save second old portion, create new center section, past three sections back together.

or (as I said above)

Delete track points in middle that are going to be bypassed, create new section, insert new section (paste with first track point of old end section highlighted).

I use second method a lot when I have a very long hand drawn track tdhen og out and ride only portions of it and want to insert the Active Log into the hand drawn track.

Or you can switch over to BaseCamp. I wish Mapsource had the add track points and move track points like Basecamp does. For some reason I prefer the Mapsource interface so I'm always using it.
Spiritwalker2222 is offline   Reply With Quote