Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #106
LE Trainer
Bad Buddhist

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojosh View Post
Awesome stuff, and great photos.

If you get a chance, some pics and details of the custom sidecar rig would be much appreciated!
+1,000,000

Love everything about your trip so far and am not so secretly lusting after a sidecar rig....details please.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #107
mightymatt43 OP
URALiNEED

Oddometer: 475
Replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGBrian View Post

I'm in and riding along! Thank you for sharing, about the loss of a brother. Thank you for sharing your trip and the process of healing. Thank you for the pointing out some incredible things that I did not know existed in the cities I have been working in for the past 10 months. I will look for them when ever I am back on site in Boston, NY or Phillie. This RR & your photography has been excellent, and I look forward to more.

Perhaps we'll meet one day, share a meal, some stories, and if needed a place for you both to rest up for another day's ride. Peace and happiness.

I really wondered if talking about Ryan would turn people off or if it would even add anything to this report, but after talking it over with Kristen, it just seemed like it was the only way to explain why we are doing what we're doing. I'm glad you're enjoying it and I would love it if we could share a meal or something some day. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petefromberkeley View Post
You guys rock. Let us know if you make it out to the SF bay area.
Thanks man! If we do make it all the way out west we'll be sure to look you up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linksIT View Post
Really digging you guy's report.
Thanks! We're having a blast putting it together. If you're interested, we have more of our stuff up over at www.bugsonmyface.com. Some of the same, lots of other stuff from previous trips too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason F. View Post
Subscribed and waiting for the updates. Great photography. I so need to add a hack to the garage, maybe my better half would ride with me more.
Kristen just likes to travel and we have had fun doing a few trips on a solo bike, but she 100% likes riding by hack the most. It's a completely different way to travel but we're both pretty hooked now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik View Post
Anothr subscriber. And a warm shower and comfy bed if you make it to the Bay Area in Cali. (And you would follow in the Auspicious Foot steps of Aurel and Marion)
Thank you so much for the offer. Maybe we need to just plan to head to the west coast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekatria View Post
This has to be the most beautiful RR I've seen so far. That Halloween vid was awe-inspringly beautiful, both the images and music.

Subscribed!
Thank you! I don't have a ton of experience with the video thing but I'm started to get more into it as I really enjoy learning about new stuff. Plus I'm kind of a gear dork and I would love to HAVE to buy some new toys (although our camera takes some pretty kicking video).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDreamWay View Post
This is the best ride report I read in my life. Excellent guys.. go on...
Thanks! I'll take the compliment but there are a ton of amazing RRs on Adv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowInSlo View Post
Fabulous. An ending, a beginning. Life is a journey, and what a joy to experience it together.

No visit to Boston? Ah well. But yes, NYC, nothing like it.

If you get to the central coast of California' love today hello. Stay at aceraphs place though, we have no room. We're on our own adventure, but while staying in one place. If you make it here, well introduce you to a local winemaker and tell you about it.

Subscribed, and thank you.

Oz
I can honestly say that there is no one else I could even fathom doing something like this with... I feel very blessed to be married to someone who is interested in the things that I am.
Also, man...we seriously need to get to Cali! We really hadn't planned it but maybe we need to rethink things... Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGIEMAN View Post
I will riding along for the trip,great photos thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus-3in1 View Post
Kainos ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafterzip View Post
Best of luck on your adventure. Thanks for sharing with those of us that are stuck in the snow until april. Be safe and enjoy every moment of this incredible opportunity.
-Zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by civhatch90 View Post
This RR is awesome! Great videos great photos, thanks for putting all this stuff together we really appreciate you taking us along!
Thanks guys! We're seriously having so much fun documenting - I can't wait to get to places that are way out of our comfort zone as I'm sure we'll go into overdrive on the picture taking and videoing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcoop View Post
my wife and i spent this past saturday at longwood gardens....sunny, low 50s. a great place.
try to stay ahead of the weather....
We really enjoyed Longwood Gardens - pretty amazing how well they've kept up his vision for the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicomama View Post
Matt and Kristen,

You two are a gift to the soul. Your vision, your artistry, your living is all such an inspiration. I have fallen into your unbelievable photography. Snapshots of the art of your inner and outer path...oh so beautiful.The brightness in the photos and vids of the two of you is blinding. What a match.

Thank heavens I was directed to your incredible ride report, because I am taking on the world in 2012 with my family. My kids will be in a customized Ural sidecar. Your sexy hack and gorgeous fabrication lights my heart on fire. Love it! You are doing it. It is time.

Here's to life my new friends,
Nicole
Big ass subscriber!
Hanging on every word and photo!
Thank you so much for your heartfelt response ... seriously, it made my wife cry! I'm so excited for you and your kids - that sounds like it is going to be an amazing experience. We've often talked about if we would still travel if we had children...I hope to read about your time on the road and be inspired!

Quote:
Awesome stuff, and great photos.

If you get a chance, some pics and details of the custom sidecar rig would be much appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LE Trainer View Post
+1,000,000

Love everything about your trip so far and am not so secretly lusting after a sidecar rig....details please.
I'll throw some up here in the next couple of days. Anything in specific you'd like to see?
mightymatt43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #108
mightymatt43 OP
URALiNEED

Happy Thanksgiving ADV!

We're currently in Savannah for the holiday. Hope all of you had a great day!

Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #109
LE Trainer
Bad Buddhist

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymatt43 View Post

I'll throw some up here in the next couple of days. Anything in specific you'd like to see?
Video walkaround of the rig with your impressions so far? Thanks!!! And F Paula Deen!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #110
motojosh
Mildly Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymatt43 View Post
Anything in specific you'd like to see?
Nothing specific really . . . just curious about the rig. I bet I'm not the only gearhead that likes to see well-done custom rigs like yours. Happy Thanksgiving!
motojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #111
Frey Bentos
not listening

Oddometer: 640
I just have to say that the pictures are fantastic and the videos are as well. I never really wanted to go to NYC until i saw your wee film. Keep up the good work people. This is one of the best reports on here I have had the pleasure of reading.
Frey Bentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #112
gnuse
Ride to Fly

Oddometer: 271
You did good by not getting into "The Lady and Sons". I can't tell you how disappointing it was for my family. Not to take away from her TV stuff, but this place just doesn't rate when it comes to good, Southern cooking. It is sad but true. There are some excellent restaurants in Savannah and some OK one's on the waterfront.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #113
rockydog
just a guy

Oddometer: 795
Ya'll are just rollin' in the gusto, thanks so much for sharing. I'll be tagging along wishing you smiles. And if you just 'happen' to park near a guitar store check out the Martin LXM travel guitar: tough, small, great sound, easy playing, cheap. Hey, you can earn gas money with it...

Rockydog woofs the Isles, British Isles
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #114
cmaridersa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Stay In Love . . .

Stay in love . . . with each other, then the trip.
Subscribed!
Have a great adventure and be safe!
'04 Ural Patrol - MollyTov
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S w/Texas Sidecar
cmaridersa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #115
dcoop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I had to subscribe for the beauty in the photos and the existence of "the hack." That is a beautiful piece.

And to offer hospitality when you make it to Alaska.
dcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #116
Fredicchino
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Kristen & Matt,

I very seldom comment the ride reports here, but this time I felt compelled to do so.

For some reasons your story, trip, pictures, everything, just go directly to my heart, very deeply in it.
The kindness, complicity and link between you 2 is the most touching thing to be witness to, and is even stronger in the light of what motivated you to go on this trip.
I'm sure you'd agree that something positive can always come from anything, as tragic as it may be.

You too are a real example of what I personally think as what is the most important in life, during our time here.
Heal, explore, smile everyday, and hold your soulmate very tightly against you tonight. That's the most important.

Take very good care of each other, and oh I almost forgot : thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, for your ride report. It is good for the heart, good for the soul.

Kisses to both of you.

Fred
Fredicchino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #117
ArizonaSunsets
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Gooood Work!

Wow! Your ride report is amazing! The pictures, the videos, the commentary! Even though you are not is some far off destination yet I am still so excited and motivated seeing your adventure. You make ordinary US destinations come to life!

I feel the same way someone else on here did, in that I have never met you but I feel like I am friends with you two. You two make me excited about life!

If you head out west, even though I am out of the country, I know a lot of people that would be lucky to have you two stay with them!

Keep riding and smiling!

Gods speed!
ArizonaSunsets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #118
EricD10563
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Love your photos and your reporting, any plans to hit Arizona, Sedona area? If you need a place to crash give me a shout I live in Camp Verde 40 minutes from Sedona and would love to hear your stories from the road. Good luck on your trip.

BTW I really liked your video of NY lived there for 40 plus years and I miss it every now and then and you captured it well.
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 90k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g

EricD10563 screwed with this post 11-27-2011 at 10:45 PM
EricD10563 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #119
TankCommander
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I'm inspired

Keep the posts coming. Good luck to you two on your adventure.
TankCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #120
mightymatt43 OP
URALiNEED

Replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LE Trainer View Post
Video walkaround of the rig with your impressions so far? Thanks!!! And F Paula Deen!!!
Haha..nah, nah. I really did want Paula to make me my own personal dinner...man .

Video coming soon.

Quote:
Nothing specific really . . . just curious about the rig. I bet I'm not the only gearhead that likes to see well-done custom rigs like yours. Happy Thanksgiving!
Video coming soon as soon as we can get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey Bentos View Post
I just have to say that the pictures are fantastic and the videos are as well. I never really wanted to go to NYC until i saw your wee film. Keep up the good work people. This is one of the best reports on here I have had the pleasure of reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaSunsets View Post
Wow! Your ride report is amazing! The pictures, the videos, the commentary! Even though you are not is some far off destination yet I am still so excited and motivated seeing your adventure. You make ordinary US destinations come to life!

I feel the same way someone else on here did, in that I have never met you but I feel like I am friends with you two. You two make me excited about life!

If you head out west, even though I am out of the country, I know a lot of people that would be lucky to have you two stay with them!

Keep riding and smiling!

Gods speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricD10563 View Post
Love your photos and your reporting, any plans to hit Arizona, Sedona area? If you need a place to crash give me a shout I live in Camp Verde 40 minutes from Sedona and would love to hear your stories from the road. Good luck on your trip.

BTW I really liked your video of NY lived there for 40 plus years and I miss it every now and then and you captured it well.

Thanks so much guys! I actually thought about waiting to start our report until we got out of the country and to places that less people had been to but since we're documenting things for our main blog anyway... it's all in good fun. Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuse View Post
You did good by not getting into "The Lady and Sons". I can't tell you how disappointing it was for my family. Not to take away from her TV stuff, but this place just doesn't rate when it comes to good, Southern cooking. It is sad but true. There are some excellent restaurants in Savannah and some OK one's on the waterfront.
We heard that same review from a lot of different people. I guess we just really wanted to go for the experience. I have a feeling my mother in law makes a better Thanksgiving feast than that restaurant anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockydog View Post
Ya'll are just rollin' in the gusto, thanks so much for sharing. I'll be tagging along wishing you smiles. And if you just 'happen' to park near a guitar store check out the Martin LXM travel guitar: tough, small, great sound, easy playing, cheap. Hey, you can earn gas money with it...
I'm really going to have to look into that. I stopped by a place and just got some cheapy kid guitar and it is absolutely awful. Won't hold a tuning and is pretty much unplayable. I actually have a baby Taylor at home but it was worth more than I wanted to drag around. I'll look into that Martin for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaridersa View Post
Stay in love . . . with each other, then the trip.
Subscribed!
Have a great adventure and be safe!
Earl! Hey man! PM your phone number...I broke my phone at the beginning of the trip and lost all my numbers. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
I had to subscribe for the beauty in the photos and the existence of "the hack." That is a beautiful piece.

And to offer hospitality when you make it to Alaska.
Thanks so much for the offer. We really want to spend some time in Alaska at some point. Hard to say when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredicchino View Post
Kristen & Matt,

I very seldom comment the ride reports here, but this time I felt compelled to do so.

For some reasons your story, trip, pictures, everything, just go directly to my heart, very deeply in it.
The kindness, complicity and link between you 2 is the most touching thing to be witness to, and is even stronger in the light of what motivated you to go on this trip.
I'm sure you'd agree that something positive can always come from anything, as tragic as it may be.

You too are a real example of what I personally think as what is the most important in life, during our time here.
Heal, explore, smile everyday, and hold your soulmate very tightly against you tonight. That's the most important.

Take very good care of each other, and oh I almost forgot : thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, for your ride report. It is good for the heart, good for the soul.

Kisses to both of you.

Fred
Fred, thank you so much for your heartfelt words. I think that going through mourning has been one of the worst and best parts of my life. I had to do and say some things right when he passed that I had never thought I would have to endure. But I guess that was just ignorance. Kristen had an even more intense experience, seeing as it was her brother. But now, we've grown together in a way that we wouldn't have been able to otherwise. For that, I'm grateful. I can't say where this trip will physically take us (though I have some ideas) but I know for certain that it will leave us better and stronger than we were before. Maybe that's all that matters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricD10563 View Post

I don't know if we are going to be heading west of Texas in the near future. I think we're going to ship the rig to South America right after Christmas from Houston... I'm not totally sure yet. But if we do come to your area we'll look you up!