Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #3706
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
Ya if JLo looses another finger and someone slips Casey a jug of milk
Dani has in fact been very consistent this year. He´s only won once, but has no DNF´s, and what´s more, he has finished outside the podium only once (was 4th at Le Mans).

Of course you could arque, that JLo has been even more consistent, because he only has 1st and 2nd places, if you count out Assen, where Bautista ended his race (...holy s*it, I didn´t even realize that until now – that kind of performance is mighty impressive on this level!!)

But it´s the points that matter, and fact is, this season so far Dani´s more consistent than Casey, and not far off from JLo.

Pecha72 screwed with this post 08-09-2012 at 11:18 PM
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #3707
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
Ya if JLo looses another finger and someone slips Casey a jug of milk

The milk line really tickled my funny bone.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #3708
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,216
It's now official:

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/182...ts_ducati.html

MotoGP™ ‏@MotoGP
Ducati announces that its working relationship with Valentino Rossi will conclude at the end of the 2012 #MotoGP World Championship
Old 08-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #3709
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
10 Aug 2012
Ducati and Rossi to part ways at the end of 2012

As the MotoGP series awaits its return to action for the August 19 Indianapolis Grand Prix, Ducati announces that its working relationship with Valentino Rossi will conclude at the end of the 2012 MotoGP World Championship.

Ducati wishes the Italian well for the new challenges that await him, and in the meantime, the team will continue to give its best effort in order to improve over the latter part of the season.

Racing has always been in Ducati’s DNA, and now more than ever, it is integral to the Borgo Panigale company’s product development and image. AUDI shares Ducati’s strategic approach and agrees with its growing commitment to competition.

Therefore, having recently renewed its agreement with American Nicky Hayden, Ducati is in the process of finalizing the team that will take part in the 2013 World Championship, confident that its team and bike will be capable of competing at the highest level.

Source: Ducati.com

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #3710
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by geode View Post
assuming your info is good, who will be the number 1 rider at Ducati?

Newcomer Dovi or stalwart Hayden?
I honestly don't know. Hayden would be the logical choice, but as someone else has already said, this is Ducati.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #3711
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,134
And Rossi to Yamaha....

http://motomatters.com/press_release...maha_anno.html

Quote:
Friday 10th August, 2012 - Gerno di Lesmo (Italy)

It is with great pleasure that Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd confirms the signing of Valentino Rossi to ride for the Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team for 2013 and 2014.

Valentino Rossi first joined Yamaha in 2004 and achieved four MotoGP World Champion titles with the Yamaha YZR-M1 in 2004 & 2005 and again in 2008 & 2009. He won 46 Grand Prix races with Yamaha over a 7 year period before leaving at the end of the 2010 MotoGP season.

Rossi, who is presently 8th in the Championship standings, will partner Jorge Lorenzo who currently leads the 2012 MotoGP World Championship by 23 points, having taken five victories from the first ten completed races of the 18 race series.

Lin Jarvis
Managing Director, Yamaha Motor Racing
“This announcement is once again excellent news for Yamaha. In June we were able to sign Jorge Lorenzo for the 2013-14 campaign and now we are able to confirm Valentino Rossi for the next two years. In doing so we have been able to put together the strongest possible team to challenge for victories and to promote the Yamaha brand.

We have run this ‘super team’ together in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and during that time we achieved the ‘triple crown’ titles with Rider, Manufacturer and Team World Championship victories for three consecutive years.

The target for the future is obvious and we will do our utmost to achieve our goals.

I have no doubt that with the experience, knowledge, skills and speed of these two great champion riders we will be able to challenge for many race wins and for the 2013 & 2014 World Championship titles.

The signing of Valentino completes our future planning for the Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team. Now that this is done we will put our 100% efforts into completing the job at hand and to supporting Ben Spies and Jorge Lorenzo in their search for race victories and for Jorge’s 2012 World Championship title challenge.”
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #3712
bootzilla
Blah Blah, Woof Woof

Oddometer: 555
The obligatory release from Yamaha is out now, too, so it is officially official, then - two year deal. Too bad it didn't work out on the Duc, but it will be nice to see him on a competitive bike again, even if he does have to eat some crow.

The dynamic will be interesting...Vale may say he'll accept the no.2 position, but one would expect him to race with a chip on his shoulder because of it. I wonder if they've been keeping the wall in storage, just in case...hope they don't end up using it, to be honest

edit - heh, you beat me to it, Kropotkin!

5 Different Nachos
bootzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #3713
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,524
Damn! I really did think he'd make it work.

Stark reminder that while optimism helps, it's not winning.

Where to for Ducati from here? Something has shifted in the universe when the Italian factory has the quickest engine in the big prototype class, but its superstar rider and crew cannot make the bike handle - not in two years of trying.

And yet it's quick in the wet ...

Roll on next season. Wonder if Stoner is feeling a tickle of reviving interest.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #3714
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
What about crew? Anyone have an idea of who follows Rossi to Yam, and which crew take over the empty spot at Ducati?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #3715
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,524
Big PR coup for Yamaha, really.

Not so much for this season or next, but for the foreseeable after that.

"Legends come home to us ..."

Assuming he can still ride the M1 ... but maybe even if he can't.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #3716
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
I can see the t-shirts already:

"Baby I'm Back"

Old 08-10-2012, 02:36 AM   #3717
K0m4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Damn! I really did think he'd make it work.

Stark reminder that while optimism helps, it's not winning.

Where to for Ducati from here? Something has shifted in the universe when the Italian factory has the quickest engine in the big prototype class, but its superstar rider and crew cannot make the bike handle - not in two years of trying.

And yet it's quick in the wet ...

Roll on next season. Wonder if Stoner is feeling a tickle of reviving interest.
Agree, I'm also sorry to see it didn't work out. Even though I'm not a particular Rossi fan it would have been nice to see him finish off like that.

Now, if Suzuki could have gotten their act together for a return and snatched him... THAT would have gotten me all excited like! Anyone have any rumours for their plans of coming back btw - exisiting or not exisiting? I'm getting a little sick of not having anything to cheer for on the grid..

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #3718
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Dani has in fact been very consistent this year. He´s only won once, but has no DNF´s, and what´s more, he has finished outside the podium only once (was 4th at Le Mans).
He's usually very consistant....right up until the crash that injures him.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #3719
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,702
well i must say i am a little sad.I really thohought he would saty until the bike was capable of at least some podiums.Its been a long 80 seconds boys.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:19 AM   #3720
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
I honestly don't know. Hayden would be the logical choice, but as someone else has already said, this is Ducati.
The Italian press has already been bigging up Dovi's development skills, going as fas as to say he was responsible for making the RC212V competitive, neatly skirting the fact that he was the only factory rider not winning on it.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Nicky kicking his ass regularly on the Duc.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote