spezjag OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,523
Cota

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101N View Post
1+

COTA who?

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #4607
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
COTA doesn't do themselves any favors by alienating one of the most popular and one of the greatest riders in the sport's history.

So much drama and power struggle is bad for a young entity which hasn't even opened its doors yet. Especially with so many people watching and anxiously waiting for it to succeed.

It is not the perfect analogy, but it is like trying to open a Church and then asking Jesus to step aside for the good of the business.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Sep/120910a.htm

I'm not a big fan of #34's commentary in recent years. Not sure who to believe, but COTA claims Schwantz never had a contract with MotoGP for anything. I imagine the truth will come out soon enough, but the latest events don't speak well for anybody involved.

If they ever race motorcycles at COTA, I'll go at least once as a spectator. If there is an opportunity, maybe more than just to watch.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #4608
protondecay123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCeeGS View Post
Motel 6, baby. Sometimes they even clean the room before you check in.

No event pricing.
I checked the Motel 6 on Fremont Street in Monterey in 2006 and they definitely had "event" pricing. As a matter of fact I booked a room with them and about 2 months before the race they send me an email saying that there was an additional surcharge for them room. It may have been $250/night but it was going to add a significant expense to my trip ( about $1500) To find anything that was somewhat reasonable I wound up staying at Great Basin State Park not far from Santa Cruz in a tent cabin for about $80/night. I did check the Plaza Hotel started at $800/night during race week. IIRC
What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been!
protondecay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #4609
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,649

dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #4610
Skowinski
Chordate

Oddometer: 4,676
Cadwell Park!

"Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished."
- Lao Tsu

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #4611
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp.com
Dorna Sports S.L. entered into a Promoters Contract with 3four Texas MGP LLC in connection with the organization of a FIM MotoGP™ Grand Prix at The Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas, on February 11th 2011 to be effective from the 2013 season. Dorna understood that 3four Texas MGP LLC had an agreement with COTA to run the event.

On the first days of June 2012, Dorna required 3four Texas MGP LLC to provide satisfactory evidence before June 28th about the company having obtained all the necessary rights, licenses and permits related with the availability of the Circuit of the Americas.

This is a standard procedure when the Promoter is not the owner of the Circuit.

3four Texas MGP LLC was not able to provide such evidence to Dorna (apparently no agreement had ever been entered into between 3four Texas MGP LLC and COTA, the owner of the circuit) within the term granted for such purposes, and therefore Dorna had no other alternative than to terminate the February 11th 2011 Promoters Contract due to such Event of Default. The termination was effective from July 2nd 2012.

As Dorna Sports S.L. and the FIM are interested in a FIM MotoGP Grand Prix in Texas, COTA was then offered the opportunity to become the Promoter of such an event through the signing of a Promoters Agreement. Conversations continue at this moment.
Some infor re the goings on down South
Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #4612
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,015
That pretty much sums up what happened
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #4613
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,111
Matthew Birt ‏@birtymotogp
Ducati has confirmed Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone will ride for Pramac in '13. Both will have full factory machinery like Hayden and Dovi
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #4614
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Ducati has confirmed Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone will ride for Pramac in '13. Both will have full factory machinery like Hayden and Dovi

So Redding stays in Moto2 or goes CRT? I'd still like to see someone besides AB on the Gresini bike.
Guess not paying for Rossi freed up some cash to help Pramac as they were often rumored to be done after this year.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #4615
protondecay123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
I hope Ben's not jumping the Shark here.
What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been!
protondecay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #4616
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,345
Quote:
Ducati announces that it has signed an agreement with American Ben Spies and Italian Andrea Iannone to compete in the 2013 MotoGP World Championship.

Having already confirmed Nicky Hayden and announced Andrea Dovizioso for the Ducati Team, the Italian manufacturer now reaffirms its confidence in and commitment to the MotoGP World Championship, finalizing its lineup for next season with two riders who are fast and competitive, already protagonists in the MotoGP and Moto2 World Championships.

At the same time, the partnership has been renewed between Ducati and Pramac Racing, which will continue to be entrusted with management of the satellite team. The two riders, who have a direct link with the company, will be supplied with official equipment.

This agreement will enable additional important support in the development of the Desmosedici MotoGP project, offering a further opportunity in the process of improving the performance of the Italian bike.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #4617
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,003
http://www.ducati.com/racing/motogp/...mSearch%3Dtrue

Ducati announces that it has signed an agreement with American Ben Spies and Italian Andrea Iannone to compete in the 2013 MotoGP World Championship. Having already confirmed Nicky Hayden and announced Andrea Dovizioso for the Ducati Team, the Italian manufacturer now reaffirms its confidence in and commitment to the MotoGP World Championship, finalizing its lineup for next season with two riders who are fast and competitive, already protagonists in the MotoGP and Moto2 World Championships.
At the same time, the partnership has been renewed between Ducati and Pramac Racing, which will continue to be entrusted with management of the satellite team. The two riders, who have a direct link with the company, will be supplied with official equipment.

This agreement will enable additional important support in the development of the Desmosedici MotoGP project, offering a further opportunity in the process of improving the performance of the Italian bike.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #4618
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by protondecay123 View Post
I hope Ben's not jumping the Shark here.

'13 will be the first time Ducati fields a completely new machine. Everything they did for Rossi was a stop-gap on the path to the complete solution. Maybe they get it right . . .

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #4619
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post

'13 will be the first time Ducati fields a completely new machine. Everything they did for Rossi was a stop-gap on the path to the complete solution. Maybe they get it right . . .
hey, they are actually starting over from scratch?? That is awesome....hopefully something good comes of it, for both Ben and Nicky..and those other guys too.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #4620
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,305
If Ducati couldn't provide parts for two riders on a timely and responsive basis, how are they going to provide for four riders ?