Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #5221
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,027
Prickley fellow. He can spin it with the best of 'em I think.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #5222
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,695
seems he wants it both ways...he wants everyone to buy Hondas in moto 3 but doesnt want to to spend too much money to do so!
I think we need to get rid of the gps managed electronics just have on board systems that can manage traction control,and fuel/ignition mapping.They can have abs and whatever but "dumb" systems.I think i also agree with the tyre thing.We need to go back a step and have more choices to suit the bike and rider combinations.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #5223
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post

Thirty-day ban for traces of a substance that can hype you up a little, or help you lose a little weight.

Interesting, considering the amount of race sponsorship from companies that sell, promote and endorse the value of stimulants. Pound back a couple of Rockstars for the same effect. Or Red Bull, which is the vilest shit ever, I believe made out of Vegemite
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #5224
K0m4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
Interesting, considering the amount of race sponsorship from companies that sell, promote and endorse the value of stimulants. Pound back a couple of Rockstars for the same effect. Or Red Bull, which is the vilest shit ever, I believe made out of Vegemite
Indeed. Needs a good amount of vodka in it to be anywhere near drinkable.

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #5225
Closed Casket
Suicidal, but a nice guy.

Oddometer: 811
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_bloke View Post
Not sure if this has been put up anywhere else. (I only got back from the Island yesterday)

Here's 51 minutes of Casey Stoner (I'm not sure if it will work outside Australia) Done by Channel 10.

Interesting stuff after you get past all the sunshine blowing.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Video_Of_Th...2012/Nov_2.htm

Thanks Trev for the link.
Excellent piece, thanks for posting! Very interesting and refreshing comments from Puig and Jorge.

He will be greatly missed next year!

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon -- FOR SALE! SEE AD ON FLEA MARKET
1980 BMW R100/7 Sidehack
A Million bikes before
Closed Casket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #5226
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closed Casket View Post
Excellent piece, thanks for posting! Very interesting and refreshing comments from Puig and Jorge.

He will be greatly missed next year!
Yeah that was a good show. Hope he makes something with those V8's.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #5227
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Yeah that was a good show. Hope he makes something with those V8's.
I didn't realise until I watched that show just how much Rossi and casey dislike each other. Wouldn't it be funny if casey did a season of V8 Then went to F1 and won some races, tha would really piss off Rossi . Not that I'm a hater or anything I lke them both.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #5228
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
I didn't realise until I watched that show just how much Rossi and casey dislike each other. Wouldn't it be funny if casey did a season of V8 Then went to F1 and won some races, tha would really piss off Rossi . Not that I'm a hater or anything I lke them both.
Casey could be F1 at age 30. Course, he would quit that after a short while too. Not complaining, but he's demonstrated he's his own man and has his priorities. Still, I'd like to see him do a John Surtees...

I think he could.

PS: I didn't realize there was a connection with Puig. Of course he likes to take credit...
Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #5229
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Suzuki

Can this be right? Suzuki wants to return to racing but the man says no, unless.....
I don't understand, does Suzuki going racing in motogp cast the motogp organisation money ?

Suzuki warned on MotoGP return plans
By Matthew Birt - MotoGP *01 November 2012 11:26

Suzuki has been told to forget plotting a MotoGP return unless it is willing to commit to running a new factory effort until the end of the 2016 world championship at least.
The Japanese factory temporarily suspended its MotoGP project at the end of last season, citing the impact of the global economic crisis for its decision to withdraw.

Suzuki management though confirmed its intention to return with a new 1000cc project in 2014 when a delegation met MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta at the Brno round in the Czech Republic in late August.

Suzuki though intended to only agree a one-year deal for 2014 before assessing whether it was viable to race on.

But Ezpeleta has confirmed to MCN recently that a one-year commitment is not acceptable and if Suzuki did return, he would insist on a minimum three-year agreement to bring them in line with current five-year contracts in place with Honda, Yamaha and Ducati that expire at the end of 2016.

Ezpeleta said: “They want to come back in 2014 but there will be a minimum period they will have to commit for. They asked about the possibility of coming back for one year and we said no. We have an agreement with the existing manufacturers for the next five years. If Suzuki wants to be back they will have to commit for ’14, 15 and ’16 and be in line with the other factories.”

MCN Sport iPad Rossi edition is available to download now for just £4.99 from the Apple Newsstand store.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #5230
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,695
I think when they quit they were still contracted to appear.Dont know if they had to pay some penalty or not
Old 11-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #5231
MODNROD
Perpetual ponderer

Oddometer: 1,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
vilest shit ever, I believe made out of Vegemite
Good onya mate!
You just keep sprouting that obvious nonsense, more Vegemite for the rest of us who know it for the delicacy of the gods that it is.
Oh.
Poop.
No really, it tastes like crap......
Old 11-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #5232
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODNROD View Post
Good onya mate!
You just keep sprouting that obvious nonsense, more Vegemite for the rest of us who know it for the delicacy of the gods that it is.
Oh.
Poop.
LOL, wash that gear oil down with some Ovaltine

ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #5233
dirt_bloke
No idea

Oddometer: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
.....PS: I didn't realize there was a connection with Puig. Of course he likes to take credit...
Puig was very influential in getting the angry one a ride, he has helped many riders through the Spanish championship. As much as Puig is portrayed as the evil one, Stoner himself is quick to credit Alberto with getting him rides.

However, this has created a situation where this now is the path that up and coming riders now aspire to, but the quality of the ride depends on how much money you bring. Getting selected to a team with fast bikes is a political minefield!

The Red Bull Rookies Cup is another path. I spoke to a couple of young Aussie riders (and their parents) over the weekend who have managed to a try out, then had to get the money together to get over there.This is bit of a different situation, so many kids try out for this, and you selection is really sudden death. Fly to the other side of the world, jump on a bike you've never ridden before on a track you've never seen and finish well to impress the powers of the selection team!

So Alberto has help created this monster, he has several riders to choose to take into the big league, who would you pick? Amongst many riders there is an angry little Aussie who has buckets of talent but no sponsorship, or a quiet calculating extremely fast improving Spanish rider who can attract major Spanish money.

Alberto made his choice, and has to run with it. Every other rider is in the way of the ultimate goal. He takes the heat for Dani, he fires up the media to take the focus off his rider.

I'm sure he has some sort of Machiavellianism personality, which makes for great conspiracy theories and forum fodder!

Good, bad, indifferent? No, just the way it is.
(yet)
dirt_bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #5234
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODNROD View Post
Good onya mate!
Oh.
Poop.

Quoted for the truth it is.

As for Red Bull
yety61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #5235
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,153
And can someone answer me this vexing question?

A topline motorcycle racer gets pinged for a banned substance, rumoured to be an ingredient in a dietary supplement and gets a month at home on the lounge.

A topline footballer twists his ankle in a pre game warm up, gets an injection and plays 80 minutes as if nothing happened.

Who takes the performance enhancing substance?
yety61 is online now   Reply With Quote