ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #5326
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter
 
dontlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Queen Creek AZ - Its a dry heat
Oddometer: 2,696
I just watched again and they cut to an onboard with Dani just as he initially gets behind Ellison.
Impatience was my call yesterday and still the same. He thinks he owns the track so fawk him.

I want to see Ducati get that bike sorted and Dovi stuff it up under Jlo and then kick his foot out at him like it was done to him
You can't race me I'm special
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #5327
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
I'm pretty sure Jorge knows it was his own fault. He would have been waving fists and cursing at Ellison as soon as he got up.
He looked like he felt guilty to me.
I think I read after he had cooled down that he admitted to a mistake.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #5328
ErikY.
Here, Now.
 
ErikY.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North of you, probably
Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
If you have s subscription to MotoGP.com you can hear him blame Ellison after the race http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/seas...orge+Lorenzo+1
He said Ellison looked back at him, moved off the line and then back on the line. I didn't see it, but those are his words.
Shit, I do, but I hadn't seen it.
Go ahead and kick me in the ass!
__________________
"Live your own life, for you will die your own death" Roman proverb.
"Touratech have nice mounting kits but they want a testicle and half a square yard of scrotum skin for them. They can f*** right off." Frey Bentos
"This is it. Pay attention. -Me.
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #5329
wiseblood
Hall Monitor
 
wiseblood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Oddometer: 12,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
Ellison shouldn't even be out there, at Indy he cut the track several times just to pick up a spot or two. He wouldn't get off the racing line there either, even though they were waving blue flags.
Not the first time!


And, it wasn't just ONE turn JE blocked JL. It was at least two. And, he did glance back.

I here what you all are saying about the responsibility being on JLo. However, how is it that every other rider (including Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi) can get out of the way of a leading rider, but Ellison can't?
__________________
"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #5330
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter
 
dontlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Queen Creek AZ - Its a dry heat
Oddometer: 2,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Not the first time!


And, he did glance back.
Show some proof of that, we all watched the same video feed and there werent any glances back so I'd liema little proof,
A beverage of your choice sent with picture proof of a glance back
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #5331
Davi5678
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 199
While we're pointing fingers, what was with that pissy little move from Dovi passing Pedro on the brakes after he'd been lapped?
I respect Dovi's tenacity and braking ability, but he falls into the category of riders who get caught by a faster rider and make it as difficult as possible to pass, there are times to defend your position, but there are times when some sportsmanship should prevail.
To paraphrase Stoner, there are riders out there who's ego outweighs their talent.
Davi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #5332
bluebye
Skin it back
 
bluebye's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: 'neckville is where you hang your hat, Rolling
Oddometer: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
is it me or does Lorentho have a certain nack for highsides ?





have they contacted the "barrier wall" guy for the Yamaha pits yet ?
The rear suspension looks broken.
__________________
Faster you fool!
bluebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #5333
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Oddometer: 3,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
how is it that every other rider (including Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi) can get out of the way of a leading rider, but Ellison can't?
Just how easy would it have been for Ellison to get off that narrow dry line in those corners?

Maybe Jorge has the answer to that
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #5334
yety61
Global Vagabond
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: The Big Island in the Pacific
Oddometer: 1,170
Elison/Lorenzo at Valencia.

Racing incident.

Jorge fucked up all on his own.

First time in 18 rounds of racing.

Two DNF's and 16 podium finishes, a deserving champion for 2012.

Must be under enormous pressure for next year, knowing that Pedrosa basically handed him his arse in the second half of the season and having Rossi coming back. Add Marquez for the occasional spoiler and 2013 looks promising on paper.

How long till the first round again?
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #5335
K0m4
Studly Adventurer
 
K0m4's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: South Caucasus
Oddometer: 540
Even IF there were blue flags, which I sure didn't see any, this is J-Lo's own fault. How the hell is Ellison supposed to get off the line in what is essentially a chicane, in the wet? No, J-Lo needed to cool it and get him in the next turn. But he does indeed have that "you can't race me or be in my way, because I'm special" attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davi5678 View Post
While we're pointing fingers, what was with that pissy little move from Dovi passing Pedro on the brakes after he'd been lapped?
I respect Dovi's tenacity and braking ability, but he falls into the category of riders who get caught by a faster rider and make it as difficult as possible to pass, there are times to defend your position, but there are times when some sportsmanship should prevail.
To paraphrase Stoner, there are riders out there who's ego outweighs their talent.
If you're in a fight for positions, you're right to defend it no matter what. The day racers start moving over is the day racing is dead. It is unsportsmanlike to give up.
__________________
Suzuki DL1000 -07 || Suzuki TL 1000 S -99 || Suzuki GSX 1100 E -82

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #5336
Davi5678
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 199
Dovi was in seventh place and had just been, albeit briefly, lapped, he wasn't fighting for a position.

When I used to race cross country MTB's there was an etiquette, that when on singletrack a faster rider would call 'track' when approaching a slower rider, the slower rider is expected,
though not obliged to yield the track when the slower rider feels it is safe to allow the faster rider to pass.
Obviously this only applies to a situation when there is a difference in speed between the two riders.
In my opinion, when I see faster riders close a 6 second gap on someone who is circulating off the pace, and the slower rider then tries to block the faster rider it's a pissant move and such riders deserve derision.

For the record JLo messed up in that situation and can only blame himself, but Ellison has been a pissant in the past.

Davi5678 screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 01:43 AM
Davi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #5337
K0m4
Studly Adventurer
 
K0m4's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: South Caucasus
Oddometer: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davi5678 View Post
Dovi was in seventh place and had just been, albeit briefly, lapped, he wasn't fighting for a position.

When I used to race cross country MTB's there was an etiquette, that when on singletrack a faster rider would call 'track' when approaching a slower rider, the slower rider is expected, though not obliged to yield the track when the slower
rider feels it is safe to allow the faster rider to pass. Obviously this only applies to a situation when there is a difference in speed between the two riders.
In my opinion, when I see faster riders close a 6 second gap on someone who is circulating off the pace, and the slower rider then tries to block the faster rider it's a pissant move and such riders deserve derision.

For the record JLo messed up in that situation and can only blame himself, but Ellison has been a pissant in the past.
Ok, if you mean that particular situation - it sounded like a more general point you were making. To me it's simple: if you're being lapped, get out of the way as soon as you can (e.g. Ellison would have been unable to do it safely in that instance, until he was out of the bend). Whereas if you're battling for positon, there's no one you should move for. They can be going at light speed difference for all I care, part of racing is trying to overtake, and battle for positions.
__________________
Suzuki DL1000 -07 || Suzuki TL 1000 S -99 || Suzuki GSX 1100 E -82

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #5338
jm-2008
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jm-2008's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: South Eastern Australia
Oddometer: 484
[QUOTE=yety61;20032232]Elison/Lorenzo at Valencia.

Racing incident.

Jorge fucked up all on his own.
+1

Must be under enormous pressure for next year, knowing that Pedrosa basically handed him his arse in the second half of the season and having Rossi coming back. Add Marquez for the occasional spoiler and 2013 looks promising on paper.

No question JL has talent in spades but his early posturing and emulating Rossi's colourful antics certainly did not endear me to him as an individual.
Tail end of 2012 and he appears to have had a taste of some humble pie wherein the diminutive Pedrosa found form and pushed him for the championship.
Unfortunately for Pedrosa (and very fortunate for JL) his performance at Phillip Island handed JL the championship!

Re humility - If Rossi can find some to front up to camp Stoner with the worlds media in tow and apologise for taking him out then I'd suggest they should all take heed of the example and get on with racing.(Stoners retort ' to Rossi - your aspirations outweiged your ability whilst clever and quick may not have won him many fans either!)
JL would do well to extract his head from his ample rectum and apologise to Ellison for his own snotty behaviour and public denigration of Ellisons on track antics.
Seems a big call for JL (and others here) to suggest Ellison blocked him when they have all subscribed to that tactic at some stage.
Bitching about who did what serves no purpose but to detract from their achievements and the sport in general.

Roll on 2013, a return to previous form for Rossi, mix in some Marquez, Pedrosa, Crutchlow, Dovi and a huge chunk of humble pie to feast on and it should make for an interesting year.

Warm up the oven, can't wait!

Rant over, back to work.

JM-2008

jm-2008 screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 02:04 PM Reason: Typo
jm-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #5339
JNRobert
Breaking Wind
 
JNRobert's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Bay Area, California
Oddometer: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm-2008 View Post
Re humility - If Rossi can find some to front up to camp Stoner with the worlds media in tow and apologise for taking him out then I'd suggest they should all take heed of the example and get on with racing.(Stoners retort ' to Rossi - your aspirations outweiged your ability whilst clever and quick may not have won him many fans either!)
Fairing the foul with art's false borrowed face

. . . To borrow from Shakespeare



it was an "apology' that was nothing more than showmanship on Rossi's part (a genuine apology would have been a quiet word out of the spotlight). He was playing the audience and Stoner was quick witted enough to reply in kind.
__________________
Crusader of Slack
JNRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #5340
Oscar
Assburger
 
Oscar's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Karakariki, New Zealand
Oddometer: 16,063
Stoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
Fairing the foul with art's false borrowed face

. . . To borrow from Shakespeare



it was an "apology' that was nothing more than showmanship on Rossi's part (a genuine apology would have been a quiet word out of the spotlight). He was playing the audience and Stoner was quick witted enough to reply in kind.
Stoner
I met him briefly once when he was a 250 rider.
I have unbounded admiration for his skill on a motorcycle, but I really don't understand the guy.
Now he's having a crack at a Champion in a the Aussie V8 circuit (rumoured to be his next gig):

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Nov/121113c.htm


Maybe someone should sit him down and point out some home truths:

1. You have the greatest job in the world. Try and look like you enjoy it from time to time.

2. Those people that you brush past outside your pit door actually pay your wages. Sign more than two autographs, you knob.

3. Most of what you whinge about and attribute to MotoGP is actually the work of MSMA (i.e. Honda - the people you work for).

4. You COULD have been the GOAT, and you threw it away. In time, this will eat you up...
__________________

“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.”

Clive James
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014