User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #1201
crozz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Here are my wild predictions (well, the first is not so wild):
- Stoner to get a fast start - winning the opening 3 races, and then a have a poor patch. Ultimately winning back to back championships.
- Pedrosa will lose his factory ride at season end.
- Spies and Lorenso will battle it out all season for #1 spot at Yamaha - with Spies claiming second in the championship.
- Rossi will be a regular podium finisher in the first half - and win a race in the 2nd half of the season. Third in the championship for Rossi.
crozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #1202
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,018
For those that don't have the motogp subscription speed tv will now be showing live qualifying online.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #1203
WIsixfitty
ceiling unlimited

Oddometer: 2,010
Quote:
Desperate to run at the front, and running out of options with the season opener rapidly approaching, Ducati is exploring its final option . . . writing a check to lease Honda MotoGP bikes for both Rossi and Hayden.

Decorated with the typical Ducati livery, the bikes were seen testing with the numbers 46 and 69 already painted on their sides.
Ducati, understandably, is reluctant to discuss the project, but a source inside the team indicates the decision to go with Hondas was influenced, in part, by the fact that the two factories share a trademark defining hue . . . red. Without a spy photo, we have to take the source’s word about the fact that the bikes were already coated in Ducati livery . . . certainly sensible considering the rapidly approaching Qatar opener next weekend.
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2012/...-turns-to-red/

Old 04-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #1204
xtop20A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIsixfitty View Post
sup fool
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #1205
Irish1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Not cute April Fool's huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIsixfitty View Post
Irish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #1206
xtop20A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,599
prototype monogp

xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #1207
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz View Post
Here are my wild predictions (well, the first is not so wild):
- Stoner to get a fast start - winning the opening 3 races, and then a have a poor patch. Ultimately winning back to back championships.
- Pedrosa will lose his factory ride at season end.
- Spies and Lorenso will battle it out all season for #1 spot at Yamaha - with Spies claiming second in the championship.
- Rossi will be a regular podium finisher in the first half - and win a race in the 2nd half of the season. Third in the championship for Rossi.

You were on a roll until you got to Spies second in the championship and Rossi a regular podium finisher and I'm fans or both Rossi and Ben...
I wish Rossi would be a regular podium finisher,,

Oh and Spies will lose his factory ride at the end of the year, Mary and his demand are no more welcome in MotoGP than they were in AMA.....
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #1208
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
For those that don't have the motogp subscription speed tv will now be showing live qualifying online.
You're still stuck with Ralph and commercials every 5.38 minutes...
Old 04-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #1209
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,572
After basically being bored watching the processional the races have become, I almost did not renew my motogp subscription.

But the eternal optimist in me thinks the bugs will worked out of the Duc and there will be some racing going on.

By Laguna, Rossi will turn things around again. If not before.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #1210
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Starting April 1?
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #1211
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
You're still stuck with Ralph and commercials every 5.38 minutes...
I suspect they'll use an international feed for this. I have the motogp subscription so I'll just be stuck with too much talking.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #1212
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
Starting April 1?
Starting this weekend.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #1213
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

If you're looking for internet subscriptions make sure you find BSB, this series has actual bar to bar racing in the main race, not just the support classes

Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #1214
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,348
Google translation:

Dani Pedrosa stuck when taking the driving license yacht

Spanish rider caught in a network of forgery in Valencia

The Spanish rider Dani Pedrosa was arrested last Saturday during an operation of the Guardia Civil to dismantle a network that supposedly devoted to fake exams and captain (pilot) yacht in Valencia.

According to official sources, Pedrosa was arrested along with other people involved and testified before the Guardia Civil. The case is in secrecy.

The network functioned in a nautical school of Valencia, according to sources of research was devoted to filter the correct answers of the exams through a sophisticated system, which through a microchamber filming the correct answers and sent them a message, with the prior payment of a qunatia ranging between 2000 and 2500 euros.

Pedrosa, born in Sabadell (Barcelona), and resident in Switzerland, is world champion in 125cc and 250cc and one of the favorites to win the MotoGP in 2012, which the league begins next Sunday, the 8th, Qatar.

Editorial Note: Some are calling this an April Fool's joke -- I have no personal knowledge one way or another

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #1215
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Google translation:

Dani Pedrosa stuck when taking the driving license yacht

Spanish rider caught in a network of forgery in Valencia

The Spanish rider Dani Pedrosa was arrested last Saturday during an operation of the Guardia Civil to dismantle a network that supposedly devoted to fake exams and captain (pilot) yacht in Valencia.

According to official sources, Pedrosa was arrested along with other people involved and testified before the Guardia Civil. The case is in secrecy.

The network functioned in a nautical school of Valencia, according to sources of research was devoted to filter the correct answers of the exams through a sophisticated system, which through a microchamber filming the correct answers and sent them a message, with the prior payment of a qunatia ranging between 2000 and 2500 euros.

Pedrosa, born in Sabadell (Barcelona), and resident in Switzerland, is world champion in 125cc and 250cc and one of the favorites to win the MotoGP in 2012, which the league begins next Sunday, the 8th, Qatar.

Editorial Note: Some are calling this an April Fool's joke -- I have no personal knowledge one way or another
It's legit, April Fool's in Spain is on December 28th (something I alluded to in my April Fool's post)
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote