Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #901
RED1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63 View Post
Have you pondered the reason for the two rods obstructing the fuel filler hole? Annoying to say the least.

I would say at a guess it is to stop a filler pipe or any other object damaging the fuel pump, it looks like it sits quite high in the tank.

RED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #902
RED1
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Yeti View Post
The article quote "Japanese motorcycle mag Young Machine reports that Honda is working on a new mid-size sportsbike that will be positioned in the current range between the CBR250R and the CBR600RR. Apparently, the model is being developed with the home market in mind, "

Here's hoping a dual sport 400 makes it to North America. The XRL is getting pretty long in the tooth....this 250 may be the first sign from Honda that they're updating the whole dual sport line. But I'm not getting my hopes up just yet....

Wait and see

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...big-bikes-here
Old 08-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #903
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED1 View Post
We will have locally made skid plates and radiator guards soon for our market, but I suppose your guys will be on the job ASAP. We are also working on a foam air filter element for our market as some will be used in very dusty conditions a long way from any service outlet.
I hope our guys get going soon. I'm a bit hesitant to take the bike into too much dirt without something better than whats there.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #904
RED1
Gnarly Adventurer

Our bikes are due the end of the month but we have had samples for months so hopefully production has started on the off road accessories.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #905
yyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
The bike is now available in Canada

Hope to have mine by the weekend in Toronto, Ontario. List price is $4999 cdn

Very excited about this bike, hopefully there will be no issue with insurance as the bike is so new. No immediate plans to mod the bike, just ride it.
yyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #906
sodapop
Caffeinated

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesandeights View Post
finally. I was wondering when honda was going to bring out a competitor to the yamaha fzr400.
lol

Gone: 2007 Honda VFR800A, 2006 Suzuki SV650S, 2002 KTM 125SX, 1994 Yamaha YZF750R, 1992 Honda CBR600R, 1991 Suzuki GSXR750R, 1989 Yamaha FZR600R, 1983 Honda CR80R, 1982 Honda XR80R, 1979 Yamaha GT80
sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #907
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by killsoft View Post
lol

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:49 AM   #908
MEROST
Southwest

Oddometer: 66
Picked mine up Today

I picked up my 2013 CRF250L today. Not having had a chance to test drive it I was a little worried that I would be disappointed that it would be under-powered. Happily, when I drove it off the lot today I was pleasantly surprised! This bike has the best transmission of any motorcycle I have ever owned. The fuel injection response is awesome. With the exception of the brakes, there really isn't as big of a performance gap difference between my previous dirt bike, a 2007 CRF450X, which I sold a few months ago. A BIG thumps up!

2013 Honda CRF250L
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
GONE - 2007 Honda CRF450X and 2005 Yamaha FJR1300A
MEROST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:27 AM   #909
jglow
Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer: 389
We are looking heavily at getting one of these bikes for my wife. She currently rides an 06' KLX250s that she loves, but the slightly lower seat height and FI of the new Honda is really tempting. Anyhow... as you may have guessed, my wife is female, and therefore here biggest concern about the bike is color. We stumbled upon the photo of the CRF250l in White, but then read that it is only available over here in the States in Red. She would really prefer the white. It's silly, I know... So, my long-winded question would be: What is the possibility of us over here in the USA being able to source the few oem pieces to make the bike in the white color scheme (Front fender, front plastics, gray seat)?

jordan
jglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #910
gregitt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
White is Right!

White is a beautiful color. When I purchased mine here in Thailand my wife hated the red.(you know the saying ..." they have got all the P---y and half the money)!!! I have never had a white bike, but it is nice. I thought it would show the mud more etc., perhaps...it looks good anyway.

I will look for white plastics for you, but let me explain. Things move very slow here and it is difficult to get anything for a new bike even though they are made locally. I have not been able to get an English manual yet and have to order oil filters from Bangkok.... (perhaps we can trade ha ha). If I do find the white plastics they may be expensive and then there is customs there etc.

I feel if we wait just another month or two, the market will be loaded with stuff for this bike!
gregitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #911
Dirtgrain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Things I want to know:
  • How does it ride putzing around in first gear?
  • I know it is down on power compared to the WR250R, but is that true everywhere in the rev range?
  • Is this bike tuned for low-end torque (I know, a 250 . . .), mid-range power, or high end horsepower?
  • What is "redline" for this bike?
  • What are the maintenance intervals?
  • What is the EFI like in terms of on/off transitions and snatchiness?
  • What is octane fuel is recommended?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #912
joec63
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtgrain View Post
Things I want to know:
  • How does it ride putzing around in first gear?
  • I know it is down on power compared to the WR250R, but is that true everywhere in the rev range?
  • Is this bike tuned for low-end torque (I know, a 250 . . .), mid-range power, or high end horsepower?
  • What is "redline" for this bike?
  • What are the maintenance intervals?
  • What is the EFI like in terms of on/off transitions and snatchiness?
  • What is octane fuel is recommended?

- It will putz without much throttle . Reccomended shift is at 12mph but I've wrung it out so far at 24mph

-I've explored the upper ends of the rev limits. Makes most of it's power there I think but it is somewhat linear in it's delivery. 1st gear, 24mph, 2nd 42 ish, 3rd 54 ish, etc, etc.

-Redline, not sure. Doesn't have a tach and didnt look to see if it's in the manual

-First service, valve check, oil change is 600 miles, then 8000 for next oil change ?, then 16k for valve check. Going from memory don't have the manual in front of me.

-FI has a slight step up in first gear when you first ride it but I don't notice it now.

-87 octane

joec63 screwed with this post 08-21-2012 at 08:36 AM
joec63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #913
Dirtgrain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Thanks. That helps a lot. 8000 mi. oil changes? Wow.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #914
joec63
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtgrain View Post
Thanks. That helps a lot. 8000 mi. oil changes? Wow.
It coulld be 4k if I missed an interval. My memory is shite
Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #915
jglow
Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregitt View Post
White is a beautiful color. When I purchased mine here in Thailand my wife hated the red.(you know the saying ..." they have got all the P---y and half the money)!!! I have never had a white bike, but it is nice. I thought it would show the mud more etc., perhaps...it looks good anyway.

I will look for white plastics for you, but let me explain. Things move very slow here and it is difficult to get anything for a new bike even though they are made locally. I have not been able to get an English manual yet and have to order oil filters from Bangkok.... (perhaps we can trade ha ha). If I do find the white plastics they may be expensive and then there is customs there etc.

I feel if we wait just another month or two, the market will be loaded with stuff for this bike!

Thanks for the help. Shoot me a pm if you find out anything.
jglow is offline   Reply With Quote