Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2014, 04:49 AM   #1
Honduras OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Latest procedure on How to ship fro BGO to PTY

Hi fellows

Yesterday I came 9 am to Girag in BOG to present 2 bikes for shipping to PTY.
After a confusing first hour and some confusing info , there is only one way to do this and it will take you all day and evening, we were finished 7 pm that night and still have to go back @ 8am today to do police search on the airport, I am sure I do not have to be present, but they say it is better to be there, and I do not want to give any excuses to hold up the loading this evening to PTY.

Procedure is as follows:

Girag can not process the paper work as they are able to do in Panama , but a broker has to do this in Colombia and you pay them for everything totaling $ 1030.00 for each bike. First time in my life that if you pay with a credit card it is cheaper, if you pay in cash dollars it is $ 150.00 more!

So go see Ingrid Robayo @ LynCargo about 10 minutes from the airport
Av. Calle 24 # 95a-80 office 302
All you need is the originals of your a valid passport, your Dian Temporale importation" form of the Moto, they gave you for the moto when you entered Colombia"and our title. They will make all the copies necessary and
you pay her the money and then you drive to Girag @ the freight terminal and wait on LynCargo agent to present all the paperwork to Girag and he runs around with you to cancel your Dian and actually load with you the moto on the loading dock of Girag.
this is a lengthy process , so the earlier you start the better. Nobody worries about battery disconnect, fuel in tank and your luggage on the moto, my KLR came out to 534 pounds

If you want to have your bike next day shipped to PTY, you have to do this paperwork on Tuesdays or Friday, they have 3 flights a week Wednesday, Saturday and Sundays.
Honduras C.A.
http://utilamoto.blogspot.com/

Honduras screwed with this post 03-26-2014 at 06:33 PM
Honduras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honduras View Post
you pay them for everything totaling $ 1030.00 for each bike. First time in my life that if you pay with a credit card it is cheaper, if you pay in cash dollars it is $ 150.00 more!
Thanks for the update.

Wow, that became very pricey. In June 2011, BGO - PTY was $675 total, using Girag and no broker needed. Of course PTY - BGO around the same time frame was $980. Anyone know what that leg costs now?

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:01 AM   #3
Lilbloody
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
Thanks for the update.

Wow, that became very pricey. In June 2011, BGO - PTY was $675 total, using Girag and no broker needed. Of course PTY - BGO around the same time frame was $980. Anyone know what that leg costs now?
One year later.. but given how few options there are at this moment to get a bike around the gap, I thought I'd post it.

Flying a bike from Panama City to Bogota is now even more expensive. A contact from LynCargo quoted me $1250, plus a $190 customs brokerage charge. You can fly yourself for around $160, which brings the total to close to $1600. Granted, if you're heading south, this saves travel costs in northern Colombia. Apparently Girag is no longer in business.

If anyone wants contact info for the person I've been in touch with, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
Heather

Lilbloody screwed with this post 06-02-2015 at 04:42 PM
Lilbloody is offline   Reply With Quote