User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2014, 04:01 AM   #1
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,675
La Paz, BCS

Hola Amigos. My wife and I are planning our next trip to Baja, and this time we hope to make it to La Paz and spend 2 nights there. Any recomendations for a place to stay and what we "must" see in La Paz? For a hotel I would be more interested in a place on a nice plaza amidst more local life than being on the beach surrounded by other tourists.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
bajamcguide
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
The Hotel Perla is right on the main street across from the beach. you can wall to most any where. Its more of a hotel for Mexican families, than gringo tourists.
bajamcguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Hola Amigos. My wife and I are planning our next trip to Baja, and this time we hope to make it to La Paz and spend 2 nights there. Any recomendations for a place to stay and what we "must" see in La Paz? For a hotel I would be more interested in a place on a nice plaza amidst more local life than being on the beach surrounded by other tourists.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=961307

I have heard from CasaBuena today....Milton and Susu are high quality folks who have been members of the Marina community and larger community for quite some time. They were referred to me and I can personally vouch for them. In fact, I'm at a loss to provide incentive to give them a call. Best I can do is to tell you that I've been busy trying to get my wife to fly in and spend time with me at their place. I will be visiting them again....can't tell you when....but they are now at the top of my list....kinda like Oscar in San Ignacio....Coco.....Kiki....and so many other spots on the globe.....

http://casabuena.net/
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,638
La Paz got hammered pretty hard last month from hurricane Odile:

You might be able to get a discuenta on your beachfront hotel room.

If you have transportation, probably more fun to hang out over on Playa Tecolote south of town. That’s where I would camp for free. Of course I’m not married so there is that. It is a beautiful beach worth visiting though. Mexicans are busy restoring the malecon in La Paz, so it should be back to normal soon depending on when you are planning to go. La Paz is a wonderful town. Refreshing change from touristy Cabo.

Best,
John Downs

JDowns screwed with this post 10-05-2014 at 07:21 PM
JDowns is offline   Reply With Quote