Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #31
Sting32 OP
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
You are thinking too much about the things you find on gas bikes. Flywheels, gears, piston, etc. Without gears flywheels and other things that need to spin up there is no need to rev the bike. You can get explosive power just by turning the throttle.

Do me favor. Go out in the yard, Hold the clutch in and gas open. then dump the clutch. When I say dump it just let go instantly. You will spin the tire or flip the bike. You never just let go, you apply the power fast but not instantly and not all the power the bike has. the reason for the rev up with clutch in is to get the piston moving, flywheel moving, clutch basket moving. If there is none of that to spin up then why would you need to rev the bike?

And no you don't need to deplete the battery in one shot... Do you use all the gas in your tank in clutch dump?

check this out no rev up and looks like it has plenty of stored energy.

http://www.trial-club.com/webzine-tr...ash=a67f46a973
My thoughts/point I thought was, sorry if it didnt get out, that the energy draw, to take a motor, connected to the rear wheels, was going to be like starting a rather BIG air compressor, which takes a crapload of AMPs, for mayeb a litte time, but I think significant time. When we play with our R/C cars, even the older ones with nicads, I feel but cannot refute, that if I drive around the yard, at half throttle or less (like a trials bike) dont stop and start, the battery lasts quite a bit longer than when I race back and forth up the 40ft driveway.

So my thoughts were if my electric truck, had a clutch, the motor never had the draw so many mAh's just to start the truck into motion, then maybe battery would last longer? I thought I read about the equasion of theory that using more than 10% of a battery's total amp hour rating for even small bursts, draind the batteries by more than 20% ( meaning greater losses with higher amp draws) than if the amp loads are kept off peak juice sucking, battery will last and hold caharges longer?

I also know from camping, that I can run about 6 12v lights, and the heater, along with ONE 12volt car battery sized deep cycle battery, for 2 days. If I leave the lights off, this whole time (use flashlights and lanterns) I get closer to 3 days. if I dont use the heater, I get 5 days of camping and more (havent camped that long for a long time).

Heater draws lost of energy, to start up several times a night/day where lights us a little all the time the few hours you might use them.

If I could find that article I read, I would have posted it darn it. The artilce was nice, showed the bell curve of amps, to start any "motor" into motion, the "stonger the motor's accelration" the more you had to multiply the curve, but it was obvious that for 0-10% of the rpm of a motor, the amp draw was at highest draw? then it leveled out a bit, then of course full RPM met the high draw again, but the level it dropped, where mid ranges or design "workable" or favorable RPM, could be modified by brush and magnet and winding (timings) to produce hellish torque, RPMS, and breaking? Almost like we do now with carbs, exhaust and Jetting, I think...

Some kind of speed controller design, for RC I think, I will hunt again if I can find more time, they could been wrong too, and just bsing about how good thier electronic controller and motors were :P

Sting32 screwed with this post 12-08-2011 at 09:10 PM
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote