User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #31
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Misery Goat,

Since I seen my name reflected on several comments above, it is time for the moderator to stop bad intentions and defamatory statements here that that's not corresponding with reality.
It told already to all the audience in our vendor thread that , any person exposing us and lying against our vendor matters (on vendors and regular threads) are subject to our decision of any legal action.
We never have had any relation or known 'BANANAMAN' for letting him to publicly making statements about :
Giving bad service, lying people about shipping offers, even scrutiny or telling us what I should ask for a fee or not. Who is him? Have no idea.
Our vendor page is plagued with suppositions and confusing stuff from him which is against any policy. He cannot make defamatory statements against any company in the world without been serviced or experienced such thing. We don't know 'Bananaman' , never had any kind of commercial relation with him.

Whoever has not received service from SAMX cannot evaluate us, is that simple!,
Sorry to have to write but this is the fact of what I am reading above and everywhere.
Anything else could be read on our vendor thread.

Thanks

US SHIPPING Now open: JUNE-JULY 2014 Share Container CHILE to MIAMI or HOUSTON
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582 www.samericaxplorer.net
GastonUSAChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #32
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 7,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile View Post
Misery Goat,

Since I seen my name reflected on several comments above, it is time for the moderator to stop bad intentions and defamatory statements here that that's not corresponding with reality.
It told already to all the audience in our vendor thread that , any person exposing us and lying against our vendor matters (on vendors and regular threads) are subject to our decision of any legal action.
We never have had any relation or known 'BANANAMAN' for letting him to publicly making statements about :
Giving bad service, lying people about shipping offers, even scrutiny or telling us what I should ask for a fee or not. Who is him? Have no idea.
Our vendor page is plagued with suppositions and confusing stuff from him which is against any policy. He cannot make defamatory statements against any company in the world without been serviced or experienced such thing. We don't know 'Bananaman' , never had any kind of commercial relation with him.

Whoever has not received service from SAMX cannot evaluate us, is that simple!,
Sorry to have to write but this is the fact of what I am reading above and everywhere.
Anything else could be read on our vendor thread.

Thanks
Mainly I just quote you, ask questions, and then try to figure out which of your contradictions are valid. I can do this because I'm an actual rider, I've ridden to Soith Merica, and I've shipped airfreight via Girag and via freight forwarder, from Panama to Bogota, and Buenos Aires to Chicago. You, Gaston, are not a rider; you're a spamming vendor.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #33
bananaman
transcontimental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
Some matters deserve an instant ban, some don't. Like I said previously, I am trying to balance the needs of riders with the spirit of the rules here.

I don't know why you think I would ban you for discussing policies here.
PM being sent.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #34
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
....Got it?.....
I understand that you asked to be a Mod in this forum, and that you now have the power to ditch/close threads, as you personally see fit, and to ban riders from this entire site.

I wish you had not asked for that power over this forum. I understand your interest, but see zero benefit for every other person who does, and has, participated here. In other words, I see you having Mod power in this forum as a bad thing.

I've been here a tad over ten years. I've been banded a few times - three times, IIRC.

I very well know your history on this site. And you have a pretty good idea of my opinion of you, after all this time. I won't get into details about this on this post. You could be in a mood to flip the switch, and I'd be banned, again.

I won't type personally negative posts about you in the future. I'll do my best, anyway. We're all human.

I think Gaston is harmless amid experienced travelers. His stuff is easly weeded through - good bits to be found, too.

I hope you have also learned that this forum has a loose social aspect to it. Maybe you already have with Gaston - no auto cleaver.

Agian, I'll try to keep my own personal feelings about you at-bay when posting in this forum.

This forum, through it's history (go look), has been self-policed. But, you are now here, so we have to adjust.

I did get it, and do have it.

Bob
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #35
bananaman
transcontimental

The way MG deleted posts, sanitized threads, closed threads, and moved threads to head explody did nothing to further the collective's ability to bring the truth out into the light. Like Lone Rider said, things need to stay in the open. Otherwise when mods get invloved it either looks like favoritism or worse- it looks like Latin America is a place where spamming, non-rider vendors are welcomed.

Gaston: you disparaged my ability to be an expert. What you exactly said is gone, deleted by MG. The thing you miss is that once you ride from Alaska to Ushuaia, you ARE an expert. You don't have to do it more than once; once is enough. You (not you, Gaston, but you, collectively) become an expert rider- more expert than you ever thought existed. And you're expert at all the details, from bike repair, personal survival, even shipping.

We're a tight group, we Latin America riders. Even if (when) we have personality differences, we still respect each other as riders. RIDERS. We're riders first. And most of us are solo adventure riders. Why do we do this alone? I don't know... in my case, I can almost never find anyone who can keep up. Have you ever done an Iron Butt ride? Ever twisted the throttle at 5:AM on Saturday, and then found yourself 2000 miles away only 36 hours later? Not all Latin America riders are Iron Butt riders when they leave home, but by the time they get to Ushuaia, they can laugh at the idea of 1,000 miles being "hard."

If you ever actually ride to Panama or Ushuaia, you'll get it. Meanwhile, IMHO, you're just a spamming vendor.

And to address your accusation that I'm a loser, or something like that: I'm the luckiest SOB on Advrider. I've got a sticky, a thread in the Hall of Wisdom, a photo on the front page, and one of the most popular non-motorcycle related threads. I might be a little (a little?!) obnoxious, but people keep reading what I have to say. I'm not (NOT) trying to be popular... just influential.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #36
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
The way MG deleted posts, sanitized threads, closed threads, and moved threads to head
You'r kidding right?

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #37
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
The term being 'ADVENTURER' is wide and long , its all depending on your own pocket , time and opportunities in life. I consider myself and adventurer too, long trips in bike, sailboat and other type of vessels but mainly spirit and minded one.
My drawback in time/age is probably because I married young (25) and raised a family. I have an anthropologist, an attorney , a coast guard son and another daughter in high school. These are my other adventures.
I don't have to run 30k kilometers of riding to consider me a real adventurer I think, but because I lived and I travel a lot in South America, I have a lot of knowledge of that too. Doesn't matter the means of transportation but the adventure of it ...correct?.

Riding from Alaska to Ushuia don't make anybody and expert IMHO. Traveling for 40 years that make you somehow an expert, after all the other matters as said above. I could ride from Alaska to the end of the world in no time too. I have the stamina and experience to do that right now. But other matters makes me not really be interested in such long trip.
I am going to Patagonia at the end of this year and that is my adventure. Enough for me.
I have others dreams too. Venezuela-Buenos Aires by boat, sailing Miami-Chile or boating along rivers in the U.S. , and those are big adventures for me too.

The Vendor issue , I will leave it for the Vendors area, not this thread. I think Misery Goat did the right thing, stopping those with bad intentions and defamatory statements.

US SHIPPING Now open: JUNE-JULY 2014 Share Container CHILE to MIAMI or HOUSTON
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582 www.samericaxplorer.net

GastonUSAChile screwed with this post 04-26-2012 at 01:40 PM
GastonUSAChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #38
bananaman
transcontimental

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
You'r kidding right?
No I'm not kidding. He even deleted posts where all I did was quote him, MG.

Gaston: if I had a nickel for every time somebody said they *could* ride Alaska:Ushuaia. The fact is, you haven't, you never will, and to me you are nothing but a spamming vendor.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #39
SS in Vzla.
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer: 1,179
Why can't we all just get along?

Old 04-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #40
markharf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
I've traveled for more than 40 years AND rode a bike to Ushuaia....but unlike the puffers and strutters on this thread I'm not yet an expert on any of it. Calm down and take care of your own business and the trolls and spammers will hang themselves without any encouragement.
markharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #41
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS in Vzla. View Post
Until recently, yes,
Everybody weeded out the BS on their own.
No babysitters needed.
The passion, the drive, and a few brain cells have made it good and comfortable.

Killer pic, really!
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #42
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by markharf View Post
I'm not yet an expert on any of it.
Same here. I learned a few tricks as we all do, but I a far from an expert. I just kind of amble along and everything works out fine eventually. I still dont understand the whole iron butt thing. Sounds like work to me.

Now, if you need someone to sniff out a cold beer in pretty much any little town on the planet, I'm your guy.

crashmaster screwed with this post 04-26-2012 at 06:16 PM
crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #43
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
Now, if you need someone to sniff out a cold beer in pretty much any little town on the planet, I'm your guy.
I'm betting thats not all you can sniff out

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
I'm betting thats not all you can sniff out

Good one!

Made me laugh.

Best,
John Downs
Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #45
bananaman
transcontimental

I cry Bullshit. You guys are f-ing experts. You've been there, done that, survived, and done it again. In the world of experts, I'm barely an apprentice compared to you guys. All I did was ride down. I flew home. You guys actually rode back.