Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #16
alexgomez0789
RONIN

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
Can I be your new best friend?

I love Colombia and could manage your place in Medellin and keep track of your farm while you are away in NYC

LOL, there are two extra rooms on the farm in Guatape right by the Resevoir/Lake nothing fancy just a room with a bed and a shower outside. Any ADV Rider is welcomed to go there and spend a night or two, just send me a PM on here.

I don't have any pics at the moment but just type in "Guatape, Antioquia: and you will see its worth taking the ride. Probably a 45 minute ride out of Medellin the way I ride. :)
Old 12-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #17
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgomez0789 View Post
LOL, there are two extra rooms on the farm in Guatape right by the Resevoir/Lake nothing fancy just a room with a bed and a shower outside. Any ADV Rider is welcomed to go there and spend a night or two, just send me a PM on here.

I don't have any pics at the moment but just type in "Guatape, Antioquia: and you will see its worth taking the ride. Probably a 45 minute ride out of Medellin the way I ride. :)
I know that place well

Might be sending you a pm in the coming year. Awesome place!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #18
alexgomez0789
RONIN

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
I know that place well

Might be sending you a pm in the coming year. Awesome place!
Just send me a PM when your down there, also I have a big Garage if anyone need storage in Medellin, my House is a 15 minute walk from the Stadium and 5 minutes from one of the Metro Stations.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #19
Mekongfrank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
in Cali this week

Oooops. Got rear-ended last night when I rolled into Cali. Bike still runs but lots of parts damages. Spend all day at BMW in Cali to find out that 24 parts (from headlight - which cracked when I hit the bumper of the car in front while going down - to small things like a wind shield bolt) need to be replaced. Of course, apart from a pannier, they've got nothing in the country. Tomorrow I'll talk to the insurance of the guilty party. The agent was on the spot and stated that they will cover it all. I'll see how they react to the BMW estimate of $4500 (sounds better in Pesos: a whopping 9 1/2 Million!). My aim is to get the cash, find temporary solutions this week to get the bike moving, head on asphalt to Barranquilla where the essential parts I'll order from Germany will hopefully be waiting for me early January... Oh well. Ah, before I forget, I don't have a scratch, but a new helmet is on the list of essentials.

I guess I'll be as the Casa Blanca in Cali this week and will then probably travel via Medellin and Bogota to Barranquilla.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #20
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,465
Glad you're OK. Jim
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #21
theturtleshead OP
Tits on a fish

Oddometer: 783
Criminal Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekongfrank View Post
Oooops. Got rear-ended last night when I rolled into Cali. Bike still runs but lots of parts damages. Spend all day at BMW in Cali to find out that 24 parts (from headlight - which cracked when I hit the bumper of the car in front while going down - to small things like a wind shield bolt) need to be replaced. Of course, apart from a pannier, they've got nothing in the country. Tomorrow I'll talk to the insurance of the guilty party. The agent was on the spot and stated that they will cover it all. I'll see how they react to the BMW estimate of $4500 (sounds better in Pesos: a whopping 9 1/2 Million!). My aim is to get the cash, find temporary solutions this week to get the bike moving, head on asphalt to Barranquilla where the essential parts I'll order from Germany will hopefully be waiting for me early January... Oh well. Ah, before I forget, I don't have a scratch, but a new helmet is on the list of essentials.

I guess I'll be as the Casa Blanca in Cali this week and will then probably travel via Medellin and Bogota to Barranquilla.

Insist on criminal charges ! and tell them you,ll embargar their vehicle!
Sue the shit out of them.I,ll tell you why if you make it to Medellin
Al
theturtleshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #22
glasswave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtleshead View Post
Having seen the ADVriders in Chile thread it seems like an ADV riders in Colombia thread is over due.
Feel free to chime in if you,re living in Colombia or just passing through.
I,m Al been living in Medellin for 4 years,got a little Irish pub in Medellin amongst other things and at the moment riding my KTM SMR.

Any valid Colombia info or just to bullshit come on down

Al
Shamrock Medellin
I don't know how soon, I'll get back to CO, but over the last two summers spent riding there, I had a glorious time. The assistance & information provided by Albert Crutcher, was invaluable to making my trip a successful one. Thanks Al!

And that's not even counting the great food, cold beer, comfortable lodging and pretty girls that are part and parcel with the Shamrock Pub experience. It's a must do stop on any Colombia moto tour.

Cheers,
Neal

• Peruvian Andes (3 months)
• N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months) ••• Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)

glasswave screwed with this post 12-13-2011 at 11:59 AM
glasswave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:44 AM   #23
kaiserkyhl
Send more money!

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
Excellent! In fact, I will be coming back to Colombia in a couple of months and will be looking to rent a bike. I'll be taking it to Los Llanos and also to Norte de Santander like Santa Cecillia, and Santa Elena in the south of Santander as well. I'll be riding 2up.

Hablamos.
Well anytime you need a bike let me know!

I'll be running the tours and rentals from Medellin from January 2012, but will also still run the Casa Blanca Hostel in Cali!

Cheers
Mike
Old 01-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #24
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserkyhl View Post
Well anytime you need a bike let me know!

I'll be running the tours and rentals from Medellin from January 2012, but will also still run the Casa Blanca Hostel in Cali!

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike. Hope all of you in Colombia are staying dry and had a good holiday season.

Vin

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #25
El Mago
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Just arrived

from Cuba via Panama on the Stahlratte. I'm in Cartagena for the next day or two then heading back to Medellin for a little moto TLC, before touring around for a while.

FYI - I never checked the moto out of Colombia on exit, just put it on the Stahlratte and left for Cuba (I was expired). I came back in with 10 other motos and was simply given another 60 days with the rest of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
Excellent! In fact, I will be coming back to Colombia in a couple of months and will be looking to rent a bike. I'll be taking it to Los Llanos and also to Norte de Santander like Santa Cecillia, and Santa Elena in the south of Santander as well. I'll be riding 2up.

Hablamos.
I'll be here for a while

'10 KTM 990 R
El Mago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #26
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mago View Post
FYI - I never checked the moto out of Colombia on exit, just put it on the Stahlratte and left for Cuba (I was expired). I came back in with 10 other motos and was simply given another 60 days with the rest of them.

Excellent news I was going to hop down to Ecuador for a few days and renew my way over papers, sounds like it shouldn't be a big problem

I'll have to catch up with you as I'm flying back to Cali on Jan 21 to retrieve my old love and then head around Colombia for awhile, I like Medellin and will be there for a stretch.

Cervasa/Ron over Cuba
Pretty damn you good time huh
Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #27
theturtleshead OP
Tits on a fish

Oh Lordy!

Oh Lordy!
So much for the quiet life
Al
Old 01-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #28
El Mago
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Excellent news I was going to hop down to Ecuador for a few days and renew my way over papers, sounds like it shouldn't be a big problem

I'll have to catch up with you as I'm flying back to Cali on Jan 21 to retrieve my old love and then head around Colombia for awhile, I like Medellin and will be there for a stretch.

Cervasa/Ron over Cuba
Pretty damn you good time huh
I have no idea what the Ecuador crossing is like - you could run into big problems if they insist on seeing your bike papers before they let you leave Colombia (like some of the Central America crossings). The Beauty about the Stahlratte situation is that there is no official immigration or aduana at the dock in Manga, just put your bike on the boat and leave, then show them that the bike was in Cuba (or Panama) when returning to Colombia, though I'm not sure they even cared or looked that the bike was in Cuba. I don't think that their computer system here in Cartagena is sophisticated enough to tell them I never checked out... Maybe someone else who knows the Ecuador crossings better can chime in?

I've been told that there are several remote Venezuela crossings where there isn't anyone who cares to look at the bike papers. So just get stamped out, go to Venezuela for a while and get new Colombia papers when returning. But haven't done this personally - Roli told me about it.

Cuba was amazing - two weeks was definitely too short. It took two days to get temp import papers for the bike, cost $30 to get it in and another day and $10 to get it out. The entry process was totally ridiculous, as I'm sure you know. Habana was good to see once, but didn't really care much for Cuba after seeing Habana. Where it got really good was in the remote areas and where I didn't see any other tourists. I didn't have any maps nor guide books before I left, so just picked up a decent paper map at a hotel and did just fine. Like I said, would have liked to stay longer.

I definitely prefer the Cristal over Bucanero (apparently they stopped making Bucanero Max, so couldn't try that). And the Ron/Rum, Ohhhhhh It's all excellent!!! I've got a couple bottles with me now that I'm hoping will make it to Medellin with me Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtleshead View Post
Oh Lordy!
So much for the quiet life
Al
Albert, I should be arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday - need to get insurance still, closed yesterday and apparently Monday is a holiday. Got any rooms or are you guys real busy these days? Cartagena is nuts right now.

'10 KTM 990 R
El Mago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #29
kaiserkyhl
Send more money!

Oddometer: 477
The Ecuador crossing with outdated papers in no problem and you can ride back in the next day!
See ya' all in MEdellin pronto!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mago View Post
I have no idea what the Ecuador crossing is like - you could run into big problems if they insist on seeing your bike papers before they let you leave Colombia (like some of the Central America crossings). The Beauty about the Stahlratte situation is that there is no official immigration or aduana at the dock in Manga, just put your bike on the boat and leave, then show them that the bike was in Cuba (or Panama) when returning to Colombia, though I'm not sure they even cared or looked that the bike was in Cuba. I don't think that their computer system here in Cartagena is sophisticated enough to tell them I never checked out... Maybe someone else who knows the Ecuador crossings better can chime in?

I've been told that there are several remote Venezuela crossings where there isn't anyone who cares to look at the bike papers. So just get stamped out, go to Venezuela for a while and get new Colombia papers when returning. But haven't done this personally - Roli told me about it.

Cuba was amazing - two weeks was definitely too short. It took two days to get temp import papers for the bike, cost $30 to get it in and another day and $10 to get it out. The entry process was totally ridiculous, as I'm sure you know. Habana was good to see once, but didn't really care much for Cuba after seeing Habana. Where it got really good was in the remote areas and where I didn't see any other tourists. I didn't have any maps nor guide books before I left, so just picked up a decent paper map at a hotel and did just fine. Like I said, would have liked to stay longer.

I definitely prefer the Cristal over Bucanero (apparently they stopped making Bucanero Max, so couldn't try that). And the Ron/Rum, Ohhhhhh It's all excellent!!! I've got a couple bottles with me now that I'm hoping will make it to Medellin with me Albert

Albert, I should be arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday - need to get insurance still, closed yesterday and apparently Monday is a holiday. Got any rooms or are you guys real busy these days? Cartagena is nuts right now.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
theturtleshead OP
Tits on a fish

Yep

We got space buddy!