Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #16
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,205
Good experiences with the stuff sold by bajabound. I actually had to use it when I got hit by a collectivo in Ensenada. Everything worked well. Even had an attorney on the line to talk to the police.

I'm sure others are just as good, but since I have actually used the seguros sold by bajabound and it worked, I keep purchasing from them.

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #17
BMW Kurt
Bluesman

Oddometer: 10,509
Is bajabound good on the Mexican Mainland or only Baja as the name would imply?
My Travel Blog
BMW Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #18
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Kurt View Post
Is bajabound good on the Mexican Mainland or only Baja as the name would imply?
Applies everywhere in Mexico
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #19
brittrunyon
R 100 GS F 650 GS

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwc View Post
I spoke the the Mexadventure guys yesterday and they said that Ace has updated their list of bikes that can get comp and collision but the Mexadventure web site hasn't been fully updated yet.

If the web site won't let you buy it give them a call and they can help you out.
Thanks for the tip...............

My Motorcycle Videos & More @ http://vimeo.com/user2721333
No Rules Photography @ http://brittrunyon.com/
brittrunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #20
operaflute
Starving Artist

Oddometer: 137
Aaa?

Surprised there are no mentions of AAA. You can buy it through them also (on their website). No experiences to share, but been doing that same research today, which brought me to this thread.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #21
Snownut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by operaflute View Post
Surprised there are no mentions of AAA. You can buy it through them also (on their website). No experiences to share, but been doing that same research today, which brought me to this thread.
I looked at AAA but the coverage seemed very minimal.. They were great for getting me maps and a big touring book for mexico but I'm feeling like I would like a little better coverage than their Mexican counterparts offer. Maybe I need to explore it a little more..
Snownut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #22
operaflute
Starving Artist

Haven't spent a lot of time doing a side-by-side (yet.) The quick quote I got seemed comparable to the bajabound company, however. Definitely warrants careful consideration!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #23
Habibi Rocks
Banned

Oddometer: 58
Been purchasing this vehicle liability . www.mexicoinsurance.com it is/was under " Seguros El Potosi "

Habibi Rocks screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 09:38 PM
Habibi Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,286
AAA for Mexico CAR insurance or out of country HEALTH insurance ????
I have been dealing withh AAA /CAA for out of country health insurance a number of years .
AAA/CAA does not provide Mexican AUTO or Motorcycle insurance. There may be a few AAA outlets in US border areas which as a courtesy sideline might deal in Mexico Vehicle liability insurance ,I have heard, but they would still be selling insurance for MEXICAN registered insurance companies.
For health insurance CAA/AAA has now instituted a new questionaier for applicants and it contains a whole bunch of new questions which will weed out anybody with any kind of medical issue or force them into higher priced categories. Do you have a heartbeat ? Yes ? - sorry that is a pre - existing condition, you now qualify only for plan J
Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #25
operaflute
Starving Artist

Quote:
AAA/CAA does not provide Mexican AUTO or Motorcycle insurance. There may be a few AAA outlets in US border areas which as a courtesy sideline might deal in Mexico Vehicle liability insurance ,I have heard, but they would still be selling insurance for MEXICAN registered insurance companies.
You can buy it online via Arizona AAA (Mexican Auto insurance) but you are correct - the providers are Mexican companies.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
Snownut
Adventurer

Quote:
Haven't spent a lot of time doing a side-by-side (yet.) The quick quote I got seemed comparable to the bajabound company, however. Definitely warrants careful consideration!
Do you recall the coverage they were offering you? One site I was trying to get a quote from wouldn't quote my Versys for some reason. I think some of it has to do with the bike.. I compared my KLR to my Goldwing (just for curiosity sake) and my wing was more than double the price.. I'm still in the same boat as you as far as in the middle of figuring out how the process all works.. Just received an e-mail from my friend who I'm going down with, he mentioned you may accompany us for some of our ride?
Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #27
operaflute
Starving Artist

Quote:
Do you recall the coverage they were offering you? One site I was trying to get a quote from wouldn't quote my Versys for some reason. I think some of it has to do with the bike.. I compared my KLR to my Goldwing (just for curiosity sake) and my wing was more than double the price.. I'm still in the same boat as you as far as in the middle of figuring out how the process all works.. Just received an e-mail from my friend who I'm going down with, he mentioned you may accompany us for some of our ride?
Why, hullo! (Yes, it's me) It seemed that there were a couple of different coverage options. Liability, total theft, partial theft... To be honest, the extent of my initial research has been to answer the question "'round about how much is this gonna cost me?" I'm going to have to go back and look more closely at the details, but I think I'd end up paying $80-$100 for the little XT for a week.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
Snownut
Adventurer

Quote:
Why, hullo! (Yes, it's me) It seemed that there were a couple of different coverage options. Liability, total theft, partial theft... To be honest, the extent of my initial research has been to answer the question "'round about how much is this gonna cost me?" I'm going to have to go back and look more closely at the details, but I think I'd end up paying $80-$100 for the little XT for a week.
Lol, I didn't get much from the AAA affiliates. For my Versys it was a 3rd party liability and legal assistance only for $38.28 (7 days), not showing theft or partial theft even being available, which I would kind of like.. I wondered if it would be different for my KLR but still the same Liability only.. The quote is through AAA's counterpart Grupo National Provincial.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #29
operaflute
Starving Artist

Quote:
Lol, I didn't get much from the AAA affiliates.
Huh, wonder if it's the bike or the state. I have different options for my AAA membership in AZ than are available in other states. (Which makes me nuts, because the AAA AZ moto coverage is not as good as that in other states!)
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #30
Snownut
Adventurer

Quote:
Huh, wonder if it's the bike or the state. I have different options for my AAA membership in AZ than are available in other states. (Which makes me nuts, because the AAA AZ moto coverage is not as good as that in other states!)
I never had used AAA for Utah because in years past they didn't cover moto towing or road side service. Two years ago I saw a commercial and called to verify and they had just added it. I've never had to use it but it seems like cheap peace of mind for Auto or Moto..

Just checked for a quote with mexadventure (ACE Seguros) and their quote is for full coverage and is more of what I was looking for $94..

Coverage Type: Full Coverage with Liability
Territory of Mexico: Full Territory (All of Mexico)
Note: All Daily policies automatically cover the ENTIRE country of Mexico.
Amount Insured: $6,000.00
Full Coverage Includes: $6,000.00 for Collision, Total Theft, Fire, & Glass
Partial Theft & Vandalism is also covered!

Liability Coverage Includes:
Property Damage $100,000 ~ Bodily Injury $100,000 per person / $300,000 per accident
Medical Payments: EXCLUDED : Motorcycles are not eligible for Medical Payments
Medical Payments cover the driver and passengers of the insured vehicle
Other Included Coverages
Legal Assistance: $20,000 Bail, Bond, Legal Fees
Road Assistance: Emergency towing, repairs, and referral
Deductibles
Physical Damage: Fixed $500 for all vehicle types
Total Theft: Fixed $1,000 for all vehicle types

Snownut screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 10:55 AM