ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #61
JNRobert OP
Breaking Wind
 
JNRobert's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Bay Area, California
Oddometer: 9,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
Maybe for the same reason we're not in the same economic mess. Aestetic for aestetic alone leads to nothing. It's only beautiful and not sport. Ballet is pure aestetic art and something totally different.

I also prefer Bauhaus to baroque. There is beauty in simple things.


"I maintain that a team is above all an idea, and more than an idea it is a commitment, and more than a commitment it is the clear convictions that a coach must transmit to his players to defend that idea. So my concern is that we coaches don't arrogate to ourselves the right to remove from the spectacle the synonym of festival, in favour of a philosophical reading that cannot be sustained, which is to avoid taking risks. And in football there are risks because the only way you can avoid taking risks in any game is by not playing …

"And to those who say that all that matters is winning, I want to warn them that someone always wins. Therefore, in a 30-team championship, there are 29 who must ask themselves: what did I leave at this club, what did I bring to my players, what possibility of growth did I give to my footballers?

"I start from the premise that football is efficacy. I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty …"


César Luis Menotti



p.s. Bayern
__________________
Crusader of Slack
JNRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #62
TheWorstKind
In the Wind
 
TheWorstKind's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Oddometer: 860
My heart-rate finally is down. The Madrid-Bayern return leg was one of the most intense games I have seen in a very long time. To come out on the winning end of this thing feels immensely gratifying. It is also nice to be able to honestly say that Bayern was the better side, and, certainly, the side trying to do more during the games.

Looking forward to the final. Chelsea will be a very tough nut to crack. Drogba is one of the best players in my life time. I have a little bit of relief that Ramirez is out for the Blues - we (Bayern) have nobody to match his pace. In regards to all the ranting about Chelsea's negative football, well, I disagree; why would Chelsea play to Barca's strength? It is about winning. Players play to win, coaches coach to win.

My prognosis for the final is, of course, very biased: Bayern come out on top and hoist the "Cup with the Big Ears" for a fifth time!

AUF GEHT'S BAYERN!!!
__________________
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.


Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #63
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind View Post
My heart-rate finally is down. The Madrid-Bayern return leg was one of the most intense games I have seen in a very long time. To come out on the winning end of this thing feels immensely gratifying. It is also nice to be able to honestly say that Bayern was the better side, and, certainly, the side trying to do more during the games.

Looking forward to the final. Chelsea will be a very tough nut to crack. Drogba is one of the best players in my life time. I have a little bit of relief that Ramirez is out for the Blues - we (Bayern) have nobody to match his pace. In regards to all the ranting about Chelsea's negative football, well, I disagree; why would Chelsea play to Barca's strength? It is about winning. Players play to win, coaches coach to win.

My prognosis for the final is, of course, very biased: Bayern come out on top and hoist the "Cup with the Big Ears" for a fifth time!

AUF GEHT'S BAYERN!!!
Germany will be united behind Bayern for once. Even people who dislike them... There is even more disgust aimed towards the money stuffed asses of toy clubs owned by random criminals (sheiks are in essence dictators which I consider criminals by default).
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #64
BMWBILO
Snapperhead
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind View Post
My heart-rate finally is down. The Madrid-Bayern return leg was one of the most intense games I have seen in a very long time. To come out on the winning end of this thing feels immensely gratifying. It is also nice to be able to honestly say that Bayern was the better side, and, certainly, the side trying to do more during the games.

Looking forward to the final. Chelsea will be a very tough nut to crack. Drogba is one of the best players in my life time. I have a little bit of relief that Ramirez is out for the Blues - we (Bayern) have nobody to match his pace. In regards to all the ranting about Chelsea's negative football, well, I disagree; why would Chelsea play to Barca's strength? It is about winning. Players play to win, coaches coach to win.

My prognosis for the final is, of course, very biased: Bayern come out on top and hoist the "Cup with the Big Ears" for a fifth time!

AUF GEHT'S BAYERN!!!
I'm with you 110% as far as cheering for a Bayern victory. But I must say I don't understand how you think Drogba is one of the best players in a life time. I can't stand the guy, he is one of the biggest pussys I've seen play in my life time. For as big and strong as he is he falls down like a little bitch. Always crying about something on the pitch, I hope Bayern give him plenty to cry about.
BMWBILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #65
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBILO View Post
I'm with you 110% as far as cheering for a Bayern victory. But I must say I don't understand how you think Drogba is one of the best players in a life time. I can't stand the guy, he is one of the biggest pussys I've seen play in my life time. For as big and strong as he is he falls down like a little bitch. Always crying about something on the pitch, I hope Bayern give him plenty to cry about.
He'll surely cry if somebody tells Robben that there are other option than to cut to the middle. It always bugged me out during the game when Robben didn't use the wide emtpy space Marcelo left to run to the back line and play a cross. Gomez has a talent to head or stumble crosses in.
I really hope Bayern sells him after this season for a very big bunch of money. He is quite an egoist if he is not injured. He might be brilliant at times, but I could bet he really earned that hit from Ribery.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #66
TheWorstKind
In the Wind
 
TheWorstKind's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
Germany will be united behind Bayern for once. Even people who dislike them... There is even more disgust aimed towards the money stuffed asses of toy clubs owned by random criminals (sheiks are in essence dictators which I consider criminals by default).
Actually read a story today in which Rummenige mentioned that a lot of managers from clubs around Europe have called him, wishing Bayern well because it is nice to see a fiscally responsible club making it to the final.
__________________
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.


Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #67
TheWorstKind
In the Wind
 
TheWorstKind's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBILO View Post
I'm with you 110% as far as cheering for a Bayern victory. But I must say I don't understand how you think Drogba is one of the best players in a life time. I can't stand the guy, he is one of the biggest pussys I've seen play in my life time. For as big and strong as he is he falls down like a little bitch. Always crying about something on the pitch, I hope Bayern give him plenty to cry about.
Drogba is easy not to like. He does worry me, though. With Badstuber sitting out the final, I am a bit worried. It was really good to see Boateng have an adequate game the second time around versus Madrid.
__________________
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.


Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #68
TheWorstKind
In the Wind
 
TheWorstKind's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
He'll surely cry if somebody tells Robben that there are other option than to cut to the middle. It always bugged me out during the game when Robben didn't use the wide emtpy space Marcelo left to run to the back line and play a cross. Gomez has a talent to head or stumble crosses in.
I really hope Bayern sells him after this season for a very big bunch of money. He is quite an egoist if he is not injured. He might be brilliant at times, but I could bet he really earned that hit from Ribery.
Robben is on the verge of signing a new contract, so he is here to stay until 2015. I am with you on his predicability...maddening. One footed soccer players, including Messi, should be easy to defend.....
__________________
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.


Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #69
JNRobert OP
Breaking Wind
 
JNRobert's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Bay Area, California
Oddometer: 9,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind View Post
Robben is on the verge of signing a new contract, so he is here to stay until 2015. I am with you on his predicability...maddening. One footed soccer players, including Messi, should be easy to defend.....


__________________
Crusader of Slack
JNRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #70
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind View Post
Robben is on the verge of signing a new contract, so he is here to stay until 2015. I am with you on his predicability...maddening. One footed soccer players, including Messi, should be easy to defend.....
Robben is brilliant enough to still shoot goals, but .

On another note, Chelsea signed Marko Marin from Werder Bremen. Abramovich seems to be getting a cheapo.
Maybe he needs the money to sign Guardiola.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #71
TheWorstKind
In the Wind
 
TheWorstKind's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post


OK, so Messi got a few with the wrong foot, too....
__________________
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.


Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #72
TheWorstKind
In the Wind
 
TheWorstKind's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
Robben is brilliant enough to still shoot goals, but .

On another note, Chelsea signed Marko Marin from Werder Bremen. Abramovich seems to be getting a cheapo.
Maybe he needs the money to sign Guardiola.
Bild said today that Robben has stopped contract negotiations. The pundits are guessing that it was Ribbery's punch and subsequent insufficient (in Robben's opinion) response from the club.
I, for one, won't miss Robben. I'd like to see more of Mueller, plus Shaquiri (sp?) is coming.
__________________
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.


Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #73
BMWBILO
Snapperhead
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 1,044
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind View Post
Bild said today that Robben has stopped contract negotiations. The pundits are guessing that it was Ribbery's punch and subsequent insufficient (in Robben's opinion) response from the club.
I, for one, won't miss Robben. I'd like to see more of Mueller, plus Shaquiri (sp?) is coming.
During the first half of the season Robben was injured like he
often is. Bayern finished on top of the league at the winter break.
Müller played on the outside where Robben plays and Bayern did
just fine. Robben has talent but he is a selfish prick on the field.
He got some of his own medicine from Ribery. During one practice
Robben went after Phillip Lahm after Lahm came in hard on a tackle.
Also during a game Robben got into it with Müller on the field. Let
the glass man go, his brilliant play every now and then isn't worth
the rest the bullshit that comes with it.
BMWBILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #74
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBILO View Post
During the first half of the season Robben was injured like he
often is. Bayern finished on top of the league at the winter break.
Müller played on the outside where Robben plays and Bayern did
just fine. Robben has talent but he is a selfish prick on the field.
He got some of his own medicine from Ribery. During one practice
Robben went after Phillip Lahm after Lahm came in hard on a tackle.
Also during a game Robben got into it with Müller on the field. Let
the glass man go, his brilliant play every now and then isn't worth
the rest the bullshit that comes with it.
I won't shed a tear when Robben leaves. Sell him to the highest bidder and buy some younger players with talent. They did a first job by prying Shakiri from Basel. The kid only has to hope that Pique doesn't have dyslexia if he ever plays against him.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #75
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,650
So, the season is really winding down here in Germany.
Today was the cup final and Bayern really got beating. They lost 5:2 against Dortmund. Hopefully Dortmund can translate their league form into the champions league this year.

Tuesday will be the last league game of the season, the second leg of the relegation.
Fortuna Düsseldorf won the first leg against Hertha Berlin 1:2. The return leg will be in Düsseldorf.

A short notice on Hertha. They are on their third coach of the season, reactivating... let me rephrase that... excavating Otto Rehagel (born 1938). Their first coach Markus Babbel left under interesting circumstances. A beautiful scandal involving him fucking the wife of a club official (and if rumors are true, others), accusations of lying from and to director of sport Michael Preetz and a not extended contract. The second coach, Michael Skibbe was sacked ofter 5 lost games in the return leg with the team looking absolutely dreadful and falling from 11 to 15 in the table. Then Rehagel came on doing not much better, but at least with some charme. The team fell to a direct relegation place and only managed to get into the relegation games on the last game day.

I am really hoping Hertha will manage a convincing win in Düsseldorf. They somehow seem to be intimidated by fans cheering for them with only 15 points at home. Really bad, even for a team only getting 31 points in total.

Rehagel might spring into your mind from winning the Euro 2004 with the greek national team. He also won the league title with promoted 1 FC Kaiserslautern in 1998 (they got relegated again this year with only 23 points). He managed Werder Bremen for 14 years, winning 2 championships, 2 cups and 1 European cup winners cup.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014