Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Some Assembly Required
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
MayorOfBBQ OP
Come at me bro

Oddometer: 295
Are there any *completed* Guzzi build threads?

Hi guys

First let me say this is the coolest forum on this site.. Amazing displays of wrenching and fabrication skills right here!

I can only spin wrenches, I'm no machinist or mechanic and this place is like an eye-candy store!

I have used the search function and also google but there is one problem.. I can't seem to find more than two Guzzi builds that were ever completed start to finish??

Both are loops.. Lucky7 got his Eldos close enough to done to see the final look, sorry about the generator issues bud!

There are maybe 2 but really I think only one other Guzzi thread that went the distance.. And iirc they were loop frames also.

I even got into some threads that started in '09 and had over a hundred pages!! But then the projects just fizzled out or never got fully updated!! I dunno, maybe they are out riding?

Anyone have a favorite Guzzi build that went the distance they'd be willing to toss a link to??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski" -Wu
MayorOfBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #2
nickguzzi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Dunno. I got my first Guzzi in 1980, and spent the intervening years changing and massaging stuff.
They are just that sort of bike.
You don't NEED to mess with them like you had to with the old brit bikes I had before. In the 35 yrs I've run that bike, I have had two failures, neither left me incapable of getting to a place to get sorted. One was a Bosch failure and the other was mine.
They are so adaptable most riders just can't ignore the urge. Pretty much everything has changed. From a glance at a photo it's still the same, but I've cut and rewelded the frame, bored and skimmed the engine, altered the gearbox and final drive, rewired and changed the switches, built racks for boxes and camping gear and spent time playing with the seat and footpegs - well you get the picture.
So I think the answer is they are never finished.
nickguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 AM   #3
flemsmith
lurk

Oddometer: 570
Can't say it's my favorite..

But it is mine. And it's legal and finished enough to be getting close to the 500 mile head retorque.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850681

Greg Bender's site (this old tractor) probably shows the most detailed rebuilds, as well as the most complete set of Guzzi links around.

roy
flemsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
MayorOfBBQ OP
Come at me bro

Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by flemsmith View Post
But it is mine. And it's legal and finished enough to be getting close to the 500 mile head retorque.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850681

Greg Bender's site (this old tractor) probably shows the most detailed rebuilds, as well as the most complete set of Guzzi links around.

roy

Thanks buddy!

Probably seems dicky shouting from the peanut gallery when i don't have the skills to do 1/10 of what you guys are doing! All of your projects just look so cool I get sucked in and then...........

Loaded Destroys a Motorbike gave me serious blue balls!

"Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski" -Wu
MayorOfBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote