Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #196
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
Here are some pics of a moto-mule trailer behind the DL1000 V-Strom Troy is heading off for a trip and will give a report of what he thinks of the trailer real soon!

Troy selected a different Rubbermaid container for his trailer. Curious of what he thinks of this container model, might be better than the one I normally use?? Looks like it might hinge on one side and latch on the other???
Looks great! Not going through the axle, it seems? Did you make swingarm blocks like you have for the KLR?

That tub looks pretty tough too! I like it!
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #197
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Here are some pics from CroMoth of his Yamaha WR250R and moto-mule trailer. He set his up to carry his snow skis!!

He also posted up a video of it in action on you tube.

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #198
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2c4c View Post
Looks great! Not going through the axle, it seems? Did you make swingarm blocks like you have for the KLR?

That tub looks pretty tough too! I like it!
Indeed it is not going through the axle.... The axle will allow it, but the rear fender is sooooo big, I had to move the trailer further back to clear it. I made new chain adjuster blocks to move the hitch point back further.

Did you sell your DR650? I see V-Strom in your sig line now??? If so, do we need to make blocks to fit the trailer to your new bike?

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #199
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Indeed it is not going through the axle.... The axle will allow it, but the rear fender is sooooo big, I had to move the trailer further back to clear it. I made new chain adjuster blocks to move the hitch point back further.

Did you sell your DR650? I see V-Strom in your sig line now??? If so, do we need to make blocks to fit the trailer to your new bike?
I see. That makes since.

Unfortunately I no longer have the moto-mule. I got a trade offer from a fellow inmate that I couldn't refuse on my DR650 for the Wee, so I went with it. The guy loved the trailer, and it was part of the trade.

I would love to get another one for my Wee in due time, and honestly thought it would be best to get a completely new trailer rather than modifying the one I had. At the time I think I read you were lengthening the trailer to get it to work on a Vstrom and I would need a wider/longer front section.

Anyway, I'm still a huge fan of the product and will definitely be in touch some time about another trailer for this bike!
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #200
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Here are some pics from CroMoth of his Yamaha WR250R and moto-mule trailer. He set his up to carry his snow skis!!

Getting closer, but what I really need a trailer for is to tow my kayak behind my Transalp. I like the attachment of the single wheel, but don't know how it would handle a 7-8 foot kayak. Could probably make a brace off the back and effectively lay the boat over the top of the box and back, but that puts the weight pretty high.

Anyone with this trailer want to try putting ~40 pounds on top of the box and see how it handles? Or has anyone in CO bought one that I can come look at?

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #201
TrainedChimp
Consistently wrong

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post
Getting closer, but what I really need a trailer for is to tow my kayak behind my Transalp. I like the attachment of the single wheel, but don't know how it would handle a 7-8 foot kayak. Could probably make a brace off the back and effectively lay the boat over the top of the box and back, but that puts the weight pretty high.

Anyone with this trailer want to try putting ~40 pounds on top of the box and see how it handles? Or has anyone in CO bought one that I can come look at?

You're in the same boat as me, no pun intended. I'm desperately tying to find a way to haul a kayak, at least a play boat, behind one of my bikes. I'd be happy to have something just to get the play boat across town at lower than highway speeds since we are getting a white water park this year.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #202
weird1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Soon there will be pics of a moto mule behind my XRL . I hope to have a kayak no it in June.
weird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #203
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainedChimp View Post
You're in the same boat as me, no pun intended. I'm desperately tying to find a way to haul a kayak, at least a play boat, behind one of my bikes. I'd be happy to have something just to get the play boat across town at lower than highway speeds since we are getting a white water park this year.

I turned my kayak into it's own trailer to tow behind my bicycle by just strapping some rollerblade wheels to it. Lets me get across town on the bike path to get to the play park in Boulder. It's worked well for years, but don't trust it behind the MC at all at highway speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weird1
Soon there will be pics of a moto mule behind my XRL . I hope to have a kayak no it in June.
Hope it works. Post pics and review quickly since the sooner someone proves the concept, the sooner MrBracket gets more orders.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #204
weird1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
It looks like I will be getting the trailer for the XRL at the end of the month I am so excited.
weird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #205
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Back up and running!!!! Got the new moto-mule "world headquarters" set up and quite happy with it!

I've changed the pricing and basic trailer package some, I raised the price but made the fender and a DOT tire standard equipment. The rims will now be black as well, a little more neutral color for everyone. I've also added some braces in the hitch to stiffen that area up a bit.

Looking foward to a great riding season!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #206
Cabrito
Terminal Lurker

Oddometer: 146
I want one of these so bad..

I'm on a KLR650. I like the custom mounts for the KLR but I'm concerned that the adjuster bolts might not be strong enough for pulling a trailer. Have you had any feedback on this?

Any pictures of the Black wheel?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #207
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,015
We want pics of the revisions,,,,,please.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #208
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrito View Post
I want one of these so bad..

I'm on a KLR650. I like the custom mounts for the KLR but I'm concerned that the adjuster bolts might not be strong enough for pulling a trailer. Have you had any feedback on this?

Any pictures of the Black wheel?
I'm sure we could figure out the exact tensile strength of the adjuster bolts, if we knew more info about them, and we'd be blown away by some huge number of pounds they can handle. For me, it was enough to see that they can handle the huge forces the engine puts on them through the chain and sprockets (gear reduced no less!) The chain adjuster blocks don't add any shear forces on the adjuster bolts as they are machined to fit inside the swingarm. The weight of the trailer is minute compared to what those bolts put up with from the engine. I am confident they can handle the load of the trailer.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #209
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
We want pics of the revisions,,,,,please.
I will post pics when I get the newer ones done. I'm still working on the last two orders I have to finish up with the red wheels. The black rims should be in this next week.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #210
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,015
Quote:
I will post pics when I get the newer ones done. I'm still working on the last two orders I have to finish up with the red wheels. The black rims should be in this next week.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote