ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #241
Manneman
Polarbear
 
Manneman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: SCANIA
Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
Here is the first hitch setup for the 2008 and Up Kawasaki KLR 650


2008-Up KLR owners will need to move their license plates if you want to do any offroading. The trailer will hit the license plate if you don't move it.
Now that solution should work for me aswell!

Can you provide the measures of the washer? Maybe it´s the same or similar as mine?
__________________
Ängelholm, Scania!
Manneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #242
weird1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Bend, OR
Oddometer: 70
Here is a pic of the Moto-Mule after about 1200 miles behind my XRL on my way to Texas from Oregon.



The trailer pulls great. It is one of my better purchases for the trip.

For those curious the straps are holding my fishing gear on the other side of the trailer, they are too long to go in the tote.
I am certain the trailer has improved my visibility to the cages as they slow down to point and take pictures.
weird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #243
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer
 
bigalsmith101's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Lake Stevens, WA
Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by weird1 View Post

This bike is sporting 160+ liters of luggage capacity, PLUS fishing poles and fire wood strapped to the trailer, AND two extra gallons of gas on a 5 gallon tank!?!?!?

Ah hell, who am I kidding! I've got a 7.9gl tank, pull the same trailer, and have plans for panniers as well. If only my DR650 could handle 12'4" and 370lbs of combined passenger height/weight I'd be golden!

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #244
weird1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Bend, OR
Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
This bike is sporting 160+ liters of luggage capacity, PLUS fishing poles and fire wood strapped to the trailer, AND two extra gallons of gas on a 5 gallon tank!?!?!?

Ah hell, who am I kidding! I've got a 7.9gl tank, pull the same trailer, and have plans for panniers as well. If only my DR650 could handle 12'4" and 370lbs of combined passenger height/weight I'd be golden!

--Alex
I bet it will handle more than you think, I was worried about it and put a few hundred miles on it around the house before I left. I still had reservations about how it would do on the interstate, and what my mileage would drop. Turns out the thing is great on the interstate, and the mileage is the same as when empty, it is a bit heavy for much off road duty, but it all comes of so quick.
weird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #245
rjmorel
Dual Sporticus
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: over here guys, i'm stuuuuuck Walla Walla, WA
Oddometer: 291
Here is the first hitch setup for the 2008 and Up Kawasaki KLR 650


MrB, For what it's worth, That looks like it would work on a Kawasaki Versys. Versys Dims are 1/2" thick, 1.800 tall, 4" or however long it needs to be to make your rig work. forgot to look at chain side it may be similar dims but hollowed out like a "U" channel where axel head is. Steel or Aluminum ?
NOPE ,SAME ON BOTH SIDES ON MINE. rj
__________________
Dream Ride :I dream everytime I ride , even around town. There top that one.
Ride the world, we'll do Mars next year
09 Yamaha XT250 my taxi
2012 Honda NC700x (Dual Sporticus) shaken ,not stirred

rjmorel screwed with this post 05-18-2012 at 10:12 AM
rjmorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #246
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrBracket's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post

MrB, For what it's worth, That looks like it would work on a Kawasaki Versys. Versys Dims are 1/2" thick, 1.800 tall, 4" or however long it needs to be to make your rig work. forgot to look at chain side it may be similar dims but hollowed out like a "U" channel where axel head is. Steel or Aluminum ? rj

Sounds like it may be more like the Suzuki DL setup. I need to find one to look at. If you can, post some close up pics of each side of yours please.
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule http://www.moto-mule.com

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #247
rjmorel
Dual Sporticus
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: over here guys, i'm stuuuuuck Walla Walla, WA
Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
Sounds like it may be more like the Suzuki DL setup. I need to find one to look at. If you can, post some close up pics of each side of yours please.
Not real close but you get the idea, rj




__________________
Dream Ride :I dream everytime I ride , even around town. There top that one.
Ride the world, we'll do Mars next year
09 Yamaha XT250 my taxi
2012 Honda NC700x (Dual Sporticus) shaken ,not stirred
rjmorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #248
zeeede
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 938
Somebody needs to mount a couple of bicycle racks to one of these and take some pictures. I'm adding a motomule to my Christmas list... it woud be sweet if my girlfriend and I could ride two-up with our bicycles to get to races or take our mountain bikes with us when we head north!
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #249
oxygenrace
Motorcyclist
 
oxygenrace's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 68
Trailer for commuting

I am a heritage stonemason. I have been looking for a way to get my toolkit to job sites. Saddlebags on my wr250r just didn't make sense because the sub frame would likely not take the weight. This trailer looks like it would suit the bill. I need to carry tools (chisels, grinders, hammers, 4 foot level, slickers, trowels, etc), safety gear (climbing harness, hardhat, first aid kit, dust mask, etc., and of course a big lunch. I am pretty sure I could keep the load down below 75lb. Is it possible to add a bracket to the base so there are three rather than two just to help with the weight. I would be using the trailer on pavement 99% of the time and only take it offroad during an adventure trip. Can the lid be locked? In the mean time I am going to look into how legal the trailer is in Ontario, Canada.
oxygenrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #250
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!
 
Mr. Fisherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Drinking from the Stanley Cup!
Oddometer: 10,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenrace View Post
I am a heritage stonemason. I have been looking for a way to get my toolkit to job sites. Saddlebags on my wr250r just didn't make sense because the sub frame would likely not take the weight. This trailer looks like it would suit the bill. I need to carry tools (chisels, grinders, hammers, 4 foot level, slickers, trowels, etc), safety gear (climbing harness, hardhat, first aid kit, dust mask, etc., and of course a big lunch. I am pretty sure I could keep the load down below 75lb. Is it possible to add a bracket to the base so there are three rather than two just to help with the weight. I would be using the trailer on pavement 99% of the time and only take it offroad during an adventure trip. Can the lid be locked? In the mean time I am going to look into how legal the trailer is in Ontario, Canada.

#75 is a lot for this little bike. If you try it I would say pay attention to how you load it and keep the heavy stuff as low and as centered as possible. Give yourself lots of extra braking room and avoid slow turns while leaning, it will get you into trouble.

Here is the biggest load I have hauled with my little WR250X so far...











The trailer is ideal for commuting and I love it. It stores my gear and I don't have to worry about it getting wet overnight. It is lockable. I am digging it and using it for grocery runs, beer runs, any excuse...

In a couple weeks I will be using it for my next adventure... several states and a lot of remote riding. Stay tuned.

Mr. Fisherman screwed with this post 05-27-2012 at 02:19 AM
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #251
oxygenrace
Motorcyclist
 
oxygenrace's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 68
Thanks Mr. Fisherman. I am going to weigh my tools and see what I have. I would really like to use the wr for work. I need to figure it out before I order one. The trailer looks friggin cool. Is that a Lynx fairing too?
oxygenrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #252
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!
 
Mr. Fisherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Drinking from the Stanley Cup!
Oddometer: 10,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenrace View Post
Thanks Mr. Fisherman. I am going to weigh my tools and see what I have. I would really like to use the wr for work. I need to figure it out before I order one. The trailer looks friggin cool. Is that a Lynx fairing too?
Yes it is, and it has the HID lights. Best upgrade yet.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #253
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrBracket's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Oddometer: 256
Thank you for the response Mr.Fisherman. Oxygenrace, as Mr.Fisherman pointed out, 75lbs is a lot to ask of the trailer. A two wheeled trailer is best for hauling a lot of weight. The moto-mule trailer is designed to carry some gear where ever you want to go with your dual sport bike. That being said it has enough ground clearance to bomb down single track trails. That ground clearance combined with the single wheel, drastically limit the amount of weight it can haul.
Given that you will be mostly on the road, you don't need either the single wheel or the high ground clearance. I do believe that a two wheel trailer with a low deck height would be best for what you have in mind. However, if you are wanting something to use for work during the week and for fun on the weekend.... You might be able to build yourself a custom box that actually hangs down below the frame for the work week. That would allow you to move the heavier stuff down very low and actually carry a bit more weight.
Thank you for your interest,
Mike
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule http://www.moto-mule.com

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #254
oxygenrace
Motorcyclist
 
oxygenrace's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 68
what would a reasonable weight be for the trailer as it is currently designed? I would be using it on the road in the city mostly. i could pack the weight low. I weighed my main toolbag and it was 40lb. My safety stuff is pretty light, perhaps 15lb. If I was carrying 50-60lb regularly would the trailer be ok? I would like to use it on trips (dirt) throughout the summer. Maybe I am stuck with the pickup for work - I just want to ride my bike all the time
oxygenrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #255
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrBracket's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenrace View Post
what would a reasonable weight be for the trailer as it is currently designed? I would be using it on the road in the city mostly. i could pack the weight low. I weighed my main toolbag and it was 40lb. My safety stuff is pretty light, perhaps 15lb. If I was carrying 50-60lb regularly would the trailer be ok? I would like to use it on trips (dirt) throughout the summer. Maybe I am stuck with the pickup for work - I just want to ride my bike all the time
50-60 pounds is ok, just keep the heavy stuff at the bottom. Ride, Ride, Ride!!
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule http://www.moto-mule.com

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014