Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 06:56 AM   #901
willys OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
Willy's,
I and many others have 08's and are very happy with them - some others in the 80K+ mile range already. Unless you have one, stop slamming them.

If I recall, your pre-08 has been extensively 'modded', 'rock solid' and failed in all sorts and many ways - over heating, replacement cylinder heads, oil leaks, piston failures, re-sleeved and oil usage to name a few far in excess of my and others 08's with higher milage than yours. Failures due to the model year you might have or a testament to your wrenching and advising abilities - ?

BE as objective as you can be, please. Stop mindlessly repeating tribal knowldge. Every year model has some issues. Any year, well taken care of and at a price the buyer wants to pay, will be a good buy.

Hmmm...? You think you know a lot about my personal bike and know nothing accurate actually! And again, slamming my wrenching or knowledge skills....just because you got chucked from .net...you dislike all who live there.....keep it coming small minded sole.....it doesn't hurt or bother me in any way...yes I own an 08 as well....but you already knew that didn't you.....you know all. So much that the only thing you got right in your rant was I have a heavily modded bike......so go back from under the rock you slide out from....and preach to few who want to listen to your rants......

either way I don't care.....seeing as you know everything about the KLR....oh wise one......lol

The 08's have a bad repretation and a proven oil issue, along with wiring issues, poor rubber components.....so unless you understand this you are leading people down the garden path to what could cost them more than they are willing to accept......but you already knew this and would rather not help portential buyers and let the buy a bike without knowing all the possible faults.....why? Is it not better to warn people of a possible problem so they can then decide for themselves whether or not the bike is best for them. Or move on the a more reliable year....which is a proven fact....not hearsay...proven! EVEN the factory has acknowledged this to be a fact....but some of the outspoken owners of the 08's refuse to accept it and preach otherwise.

Why don't you honestly tell people the faults of the 08's....it's no secret.....

My 08 is blue, has 7500kms and burns no oil has no wiring issues or rubber issues.....but I have already dealt with all of the possible issues before they occure and I'm fully aware of what could and do happen to 08 KLRs

willys screwed with this post 01-31-2012 at 07:38 AM
willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #902
Gammason
08 Vespa GTS 250ie

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by willys View Post
.but the owners of the 08's refuse to accept it and preach otherwise.
WTF Willy? I own an 08 and knew about ALL the problems before I bought this one. I don't appreciate the above statement - no refusal on my part or all the other 08ers that I've heard from out there. If you've got a beef with an individual, I'd be nice if you just PM'd them verses getting me to call BS on your inaccurate statement above" Maybe something like "but SOME owners", which I would not feel the need to type this now.

Dude, don't get me wrong - I like following your trials and tribulations pertaining to the 650 - I learn in the process. I have a hard time ignoring inaccurate statements though like the one above...
Old 01-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #903
willys OP
Beastly Adventurer

I stand corrected...SOME outspoken 08 owners who refuse to acknowledge the downfalls of the 08 bikes.....my mistake....sorry

And Yes it was direcxted towards someone who is constantly slamming me publicly....all because of his past history over at .net.....whether or not he admits it or not...I don't care. I'm just tired of the constant BS from a few here....who all share the same past. I was really hoping to get a good KLR thread going and it seems for the most part is has worked. But we still get some who want to keep the past alive and kicking......it's a shame.....

But you are right....I stand corrected.

Previous post corrected.....didn't mean to offend the innocent
Old 01-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #904
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,531
Quote:
Hmmm...? You think you know a lot about my personal bike and know nothing accurate actually! And again, slamming my wrenching or knowledge skills....just because you got chucked from .net...you dislike all who live there.....keep it coming small minded sole.....it doesn't hurt or bother me in any way...yes I own an 08 as well....but you already knew that didn't you.....you know all. So much that the only thing you got right in your rant was I have a heavily modded bike......so go back from under the rock you slide out from....and preach to few who want to listen to your rants......
I just want to say "thank you Willys" you once again made my lurking about this thread entertaining. I have read some extremely witty attacks upon your experience and opinions and you still come right back fighting! I have opinions that differ from Willys very dramatically and I am not alone.

To everyone else:
I heard you can ignore users on this forum and this feature may very well help many of you enjoy this thread more, however this is just a suggestions. I refuse to ignore anyone as I enjoy reading much of the useless babble for nothing more then the entertainment value....

Cheers

Me
Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #905
Gammason
08 Vespa GTS 250ie

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
I stand corrected...SOME outspoken 08 owners who refuse to acknowledge the downfalls of the 08 bikes.....my mistake....sorry
Thanks Willys - Easy to get carried away in the tangle of verbage - for me anyway - which is why I don't say much.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #906
Iain S
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Have any of you KLR650 owners experienced big end bearing failure? I must have had a Friday afternoon special as I had two big end failures on a newish bike back when they came out..... Terrible bike! The XL600R beats it hands down.
Also had that annoying cut out switch on the side stand that cut in at speed on the bumps... :-)
Old 01-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #907
willys OP
Beastly Adventurer

I have only seen one lower end go bad and that was on an 06 which was run dry of oil....owner's mistake.....
Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #908
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die

Oddometer: 1,104
You guys on your periods or what...

I have yet to understand why "some" people get so darn personal on these forums. Can't we all just get along?

Opinions are like assholes...everyone's got one and yours stinks!

Indiana Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #909
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,437
Can someone quote Newner for me? I have that bastard on ignore and I think he might have said something worthwhile for a change.
DirtyDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #910
XDragRacer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newner View Post
I just want to say "thank you Willys" you once again made my lurking about this thread entertaining.
+ 1!

The "'small-minded sole" comment alone is worth the price of admission!

XDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #911
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,620
Willy's

You leave a trail wherever you go. One that is more public than you appear to realize. For some it is entertaining, to others, many who have commented, some not too subletly, it is a constant, mindless repetition of half truths, assumptions and conjecture. When you are reminded of it, you throw a 'hissy-fit'. You may be well intentioned.

This site, as will all public forums, post and expect to get people of different persuasions to respond, particularly if is less than believable. You may be used to sites where your trolling is protected by like minded wet-nurses.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #912
Aarono2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
Willy's

You leave a trail wherever you go. One that is more public than you appear to realize. For some it is entertaining, to others, many who have commented, some not too subletly, it is a constant, mindless repetition of half truths, assumptions and conjecture. When you are reminded of it, you throw a 'hissy-fit'. You may be well intentioned.

This site, as will all public forums, post and expect to get people of different persuasions to respond, particularly if is less than believable. You may be used to sites where your trolling is protected by like minded wet-nurses.
Yup

Lets move on......

Aarono2 screwed with this post 01-31-2012 at 11:06 AM
Aarono2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #913
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain S View Post
Have any of you KLR650 owners experienced big end bearing failure? I must have had a Friday afternoon special as I had two big end failures on a newish bike back when they came out..... Terrible bike! The XL600R beats it hands down.
Also had that annoying cut out switch on the side stand that cut in at speed on the bumps... :-)
I have not heard of big end failures. Other bearings on the doo, counterbalancer and drive sprocket shafts, yes. Do you know if there was any attempt made determine why they failed?

Cut out switch - I for one, disconnected that and the clutch. Dont have that problem anymore.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #914
nakedwaterskier
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
The big end bearings and the clutch size seem to be overkill too me...neither seems to ever wear out.
nakedwaterskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #915
nakedwaterskier
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Anybody have an extra 152 main jet? for sale, swap, or charity? I can send you a prepaid shipping label or paypal or cash or check thanks, J#3
nakedwaterskier is offline   Reply With Quote