ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #166
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer
 
lamotovita's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: WA/AZ, USA
Oddometer: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Well, well, well. Hot off the press....

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/9343670...009%20November.
Remember that these are the same guys that said all Trials bikes had to be four strokes by 2006!
__________________
Beaten paths are for beaten men.
lamotovita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #167
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegraydog View Post
Do you suppose this could be applied for the upper classes but not for lowers?
There are always places where a stop means a five, like on loose hillsides, or halfway up a big ol' rock, or in the mud. The most obvious skill in trials is to concisely get through a turn without losing the room for a runup. Which is the essence of box-and-a-rock, I guess.

On the other hand, being pushed to try stuff where one really needs to pause and gather is hazardous. Which is the essence of converting an enduro rider to a trials rider, ennit?

Interesting topic.
Well no stop was the correct form of trials. Man, machine, hard loop, a ridable technicle section.
Now it`s:
_ _ _ _ , push bike,short walkable loop and a box.
You are supposed to RIDE a motorcycle! Not stop, push, wait, drag, hop (back then you would use a pogo stick or a trampoline to hop and do tricks).
If a trials is set correctly , It flows has challenging (rideable) obstacles and real turns that takes dabs!
PS If the obstacles are harzardous to your safety, you are in the wrong class and/ or the clerk and trialsmaster is at fault!!!!!!
NOT THE RULES......................

lineaway screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 05:44 PM
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #168
laser17
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Boston,Massachusetts
Oddometer: 637
I see no reason the NATC would follow suit. (Other than historically)

1) Most people dont want it. 9/10 people I have talked to today are pissed and will not ride the nationals if no stop - although everyone said that more flowing sections would be welcome. (I know - not scientific/ biased poll - but if the politicians can do it - so can I. At least I admit it...)
2) Nightmare to score (whats a stop ect..) Good luck finding willing checkers.
3) Less exciting (see 2012 BTC vs 2011 championship video's). Although - several people have told me they think injuries will go up at the club expert level.
4) We have no stop now - its called endurocross.....(ok - wise crack comment)
5) Save yourself the headache of changing back after all the riders revolt. Even the BTC is reducing the number of no stop events.
6) Would only "possibly" help a hand full of USA riders on the TdN team at one event. Given that our national champ doesn't even compete at the world level, or even on the TdN, how important is it for us to be just like the WTC? Its a entirely different sport at that level anyway.

I would hope the NATC would do a wide ranging survey of there ridership before making a change to no stop.
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #169
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser17 View Post
I see no reason the NATC would follow suit. (Other than historically)

1) Most people dont want it. 9/10 people I have talked to today are pissed and will not ride the nationals if no stop - although everyone said that more flowing sections would be welcome. (I know - not scientific/ biased poll - but if the politicians can do it - so can I. At least I admit it...)
2) Nightmare to score (whats a stop ect..) Good luck finding willing checkers.
3) Less exciting (see 2012 BTC vs 2011 championship video's). Although - several people have told me they think injuries will go up at the club expert level.
4) We have no stop now - its called endurocross.....(ok - wise crack comment)
5) Save yourself the headache of changing back after all the riders revolt. Even the BTC is reducing the number of no stop events.
6) Would only "possibly" help a hand full of USA riders on the TdN team at one event. Given that our national champ doesn't even compete at the world level, or even on the TdN, how important is it for us to be just like the WTC? Its a entirely different sport at that level anyway.

I would hope the NATC would do a wide ranging survey of there ridership before making a change to no stop.
IF the NATC never followed the WTC we would still be riding NO STOP already!!!
Just had to say that!!!!!!!!!!!
If the NATC was concerned on what rules the majority would like, they should take a vote and use every major riding change we ever had. Not just last year and the `new` change. We need something better than a two party system.
Year `94 would be fine by me!!
Just let us ride and have fun! All this `change` that does no good is getting boring.
I vote for more points and more freedom ! Stop, hop, backup, just don`t dab while you are doing those tricks!!! Cuz we`ll give ya a five,no free ride here!!

lineaway screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 06:23 PM
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #170
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser17 View Post
I see no reason the NATC would follow suit. (Other than historically)
I would not worry about that too much. The NATC has already had their annual meeting, so I doubt NS will be invoked this year.

For those not in the know, the latest NATC goings on can be seen here -

http://mototrials.us/

Just to keep the guessing down to a bare minimum.


BTW, congrats to Brad Baumert as the new CEO of NATC! B.B. did a wonderful and very tough job for a long time. He can now enjoy his 7th (or so) retirement.
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.

brewtus screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 07:31 PM Reason: The joy of editing.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #171
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
I would not worry about that too much. The NATC has already had their annual meeting, so I doubt NS will be invoked this year.

For those not in the know, the latest NATC goings on can be seen here -

http://mototrials.us/

Just to keep the guessing down to a bare minimum.


BTW, congrats to Brad Baumert as the new CEO of NATC! B.B. did a wonderful and very tough job for a long time. He can now enjoy his 7th (or so) retirement.
I would be more interested in the FIM `s other changes in the coming months! Besides we`ll have a no stop world round this coming year! TTC will be the first to bring no stop stateside.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #172
laser17
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Boston,Massachusetts
Oddometer: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
I would be more interested in the FIM `s other changes in the coming months! Besides we`ll have a no stop world round this coming year! TTC will be the first to bring no stop stateside.
Is the TTC WTC event a done deal? I thought it was provisional.

I went to the last TTC World round and it was amazing. Will think twice before spending the time and money to watch it, if its No Stop. The BTC no stop sections are boring on video. Probably alot better in person, but reading Andys post on TC, sounds like the British spectators found it boring as well.
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #173
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
I would be more interested in the FIM `s other changes in the coming months! Besides we`ll have a no stop world round this coming year! TTC will be the first to bring no stop stateside.

Boffo. I can hardly wait.

No really, I can hardly wait for another World Round here!
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #174
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser17 View Post
Is the TTC WTC event a done deal? I thought it was provisional.

I went to the last TTC World round and it was amazing. Will think twice before spending the time and money to watch it, if its No Stop. The BTC no stop sections are boring on video. Probably alot better in person, but reading Andys post on TC, sounds like the British spectators found it boring as well.
As I understand it. (second hand from the horses mouth) The details are done. The thing about no stop it becomes more dynamic , as in it can be televised to the masses to be more appealing. Imagine the x- games just showing a guy stopped in one spot on a bike, boring!!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #175
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,280
Maybe we won't have to wait 5 minutes for a champ to ride a section. That would sure speed up the day.

However, I love the challenge of stationary balancing.
At the club level, it should be if you stop and put a foot down, that's a cinco. It's certainly not riding.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #176
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End
 
NMTrailboss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 5,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
At the club level, it should be if you stop and put a foot down, that's a cinco. It's certainly not riding.


That would be 24 fives for me!!!
__________________
NMTrailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #177
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Maybe we won't have to wait 5 minutes for a champ to ride a section. That would sure speed up the day.

However, I love the challenge of stationary balancing.
At the club level, it should be if you stop and put a foot down, that's a cinco. It's certainly not riding.
Wow that beta must really be working good! By the way thanks for updating your thread. Thank Al for the points update!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #178
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post


That would be 24 fives for me!!!
I think Gordy said something about your not riding unless you have a Beta!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #179
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Redmond WA
Oddometer: 356
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Well, well, well. Hot off the press....

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/9343670...009%20November.

Hurray!

Dave
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #180
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End
 
NMTrailboss's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 5,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
I think Gordy said something about your not riding unless you have a Beta!
It's only money, right?
__________________
NMTrailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014