Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #1306
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 75,966
Of course, it's being generous to say Kimi finished 6th.

He actually finished 7th. They had to ask his teammate to step aside for him. He was both out-qualified and outraced by his teammate.

Couldn't even crack Q3. Maybe he should wipe the shit off his wheels?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #1307
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Certainly a plausible scenario, but if watching F1 has taught me anything, it is that things are wildly unpredictable over the short term. Alonso may find extra speed in the car and run away from the field. Or DNF the next three races and be out of the championship.

Right now, I'm betting Vettel gives him a hard hard run. He's got a much better car under him and if Alonso is a better driver, its not by much. He needs one good result with Alonso DNF'ing and he's right there. There are darn good reasons Vettel has won the championship the last two years. I think this race was probably the end of Hamilton's being in the running.

- Mark
You're right. I've been swigging some of the Red bull*, all that Horner talk about how they've been hurt by the rules on mapping and flexy front wings.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #1308
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,245
today the clock ticks for Massa...

Quote:
Felipe Massa has to stop shaking long. Insiders say that Ferrari already this week makes his decision whether to keep the Brazilians must. The chances of Massa on his seventh season for the team from Maranello are not so bad.
AMuS story

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #1309
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Lotus sure next upgrade will revitalise Kimi Raikkonen's Formula 1 title bid

Quote:
Kimi Raikkonen's chances of getting back in the Formula 1 world championship hunt will be boosted by a major upgrade that Lotus is planning for the Korean Grand Prix, AUTOSPORT can reveal.
The Finn endured a difficult weekend in Singapore but still managed to hang on to third in the standings after finishing sixth. He is now 45 points adrift of championship leader Fernando Alonso with six races remaining.
Although a new rear wing that Lotus tried at the Marina Bay circuit did not work, the Enstone-based outfit believes that the return of its double-DRS in Japan and a number of developments for Korea can get it back in the hunt for the title.
Lotus trackside operations director Alan Permane told AUTOSPORT: "There is a big update coming in Korea, a really good aero update - plus we plan to run our rear wing device in Suzuka.
"We've fallen off the back of those top three teams and we need to get ourselves back mixing it with them. I hope we can be right back up there fighting with them, like we were in Budapest."
Permane suspects that the new wing evaluated in Singapore may not be as bad as the team thought on Friday, as changing track conditions made it difficult to judge its relative merits.
"We had some aero updates on Friday that we weren't convinced about, and it is difficult in Singapore to measure what is going on," he said. "So we played it safe and took them off.
"Everything that's come out of the windtunnel has worked, and maybe we weren't cautious enough this time because of that. It could be we get to Suzuka and it works really well.
"I'm optimistic that what we've got coming will allow us to fight on performance. Although there are no guarantees, I'm reasonably confident we'll get to Suzuka and be in good shape."

Old 09-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #1310
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
today the clock ticks for Massa...
AMuS story
I'm going to speculate that if Massa survives, it's because Maranello values a happy Alonso more than it does a constructor's title. He has openly lobbied to Massa, because the guy is no threat to him.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #1311
Dilligaf0220
Miserablist

Oddometer: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I'm going to speculate that if Massa survives, it's because Maranello values a happy Alonso more than it does a constructor's title. He has openly lobbied to Massa, because the guy is no threat to him.
There is very little to quibble about in that argument.

Another issue is, who do you replace Massa with? There's no need to shell out big money to grab a big name from another team, if you're going to go with a journeyman driver why not just stay with the known quantity you've got.

The only real dark horse for the second Ferrari seat is Perez, but there may be some real business/sponsorship descisions keeping him out of it (Telmex sponsored Ferrari?).
Dilligaf0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #1312
wxwax
Excited Member

Very encouraging.

Quote:
Circuit of The Americas says that the FIAs Charlie Whiting has declared the US GP venue race ready after inspecting it on Tuesday.

Whiting traveled straight to Austin from the Singapore GP to conduct the 60-day inspection.

Everything that Ive seen so far has been absolutely first class, and the progress thats been made since the last time that I was here is amazing, Whiting was quoted as saying in a COTA statement.

The guys have done an awesome job it really is quite fantastic! Its built to the highest quality, exactly as we expected, and Ive got absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

There are three or four corners that are very likely to see overtaking. If you look at Turn 1, youll see that the turns have been designed so that theyre extremely wide and the apex is very short. Its a very modern approach to slow corners where we hope overtaking will take place. So Im very confident it will work well.

Turn 1 is awesome! Its the only word I can think of to describe it, and I think drivers and teams coming here for the first time will say the same thing.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 09-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #1313
g容g
Canadian living in exile

as the world turns...

the Hamilton saga

LINK
Quote:
Ross Brawn says a decision about Michael Schumacher's future in Formula 1 will be a tough one, as it awaits a final decision from Lewis Hamilton about his plans. Hamilton is currently weighing up offers he has from Mercedes and McLaren, with both outfits now believed to be offering the same wages in a bid to win his services.
His final decision will have an impact on Schumacher's future, because if Hamilton elects to join Mercedes it will leave no space for the seven-time champion.
Brawn concedes that the situation is far from settled, and suggests the team is still aware of the benefits Schumacher brings despite his embarrassing exit from last weekend's Singapore Grand Prix.
Speaking about Schumacher's future on BBC Radio 5 Live on Thursday, Brawn said: "It's still under discussion, I'm afraid. I can't comment very much on that, but Michael's been a huge asset to the team, he's really taken us forward.
"I do think Michael contributes an awful lot, so I think the decision for Michael to stay or not continue is a difficult one. Obviously he's very involved in that decision, and discussions are ongoing at the moment."
Brawn said that it was possible a decision about who lines up alongside Nico Rosberg may not be made for some time, as he all but confirmed for the first time that the outfit was interested in Hamilton.
"I think any ambitious team looks at the top drivers and we're an ambitious team, but I think there's an awful lot of speculation," he said. "We will have some things to say in the next few weeks, next few months, and then all will become clear."

Old 09-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #1314
g容g
Canadian living in exile

stepped noses may be history....

Link

Formula 1 teams will have the option of fitting a special panel to their cars next year to help hide stepped noses, the FIA has confirmed. Following discussions between teams to come up with a solution to the ugly designs that would not entail a big redesign for next year, motor racing's governing body has rubber stamped new rules that will allow a special 'modesty panel' to be fitted.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #1315
wxwax
Excited Member

Those contract numbers for Mercedes are wildly different to The Guardian's. Interesting. I can't see Hamilton jumping just for his commercial rights, if that's what it boils down to.

Modesty panel? I like fig leaf better.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 09-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #1316
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Oddometer: 4,422
Daily Mail is reporting that Hamilton's move to Mercedes is to be announced very soon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...-Mercedes.html

Mind you, they're not known as the Daily Fail without reason.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #1317
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. T. T-W View Post
Daily Mail is reporting that Hamilton's move to Mercedes is to be announced very soon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...-Mercedes.html

Mind you, they're not known as the Daily Fail without reason.

Autos port also announced the signing of Sergio Perez taking Hamidiot's seat at Mclaren
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #1318
A. T. T-W
Can't be bothered.

Oddometer: 4,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Autos port also announced the signing of Sergio Perez taking Hamidiot's seat at Mclaren
That's a sponsors dream. Big market, largely untapped by McLaren "partners" in the Spanish speaking world.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #1319
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 880
Well, with rumors of Vodafone ending their deal with Mclaren, is that any surprise?'

Edit: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...2/9/13849.html

Clem Kevin screwed with this post 09-28-2012 at 03:04 AM
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:02 AM   #1320
g容g
Canadian living in exile

done deal I guess

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...2/9/13851.html