Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #46
Phoenix101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Chart topper coming up!

Two weeks ago on a Sunday I was out riding my Rattler 50 in Henderson, a suburb of Las Vegas. The weather was nice that day somewhere in the mid 60's and I went as far southeast in town as I cold go.

I made it to the southeastern most point of Henderson and began my ride back. I made it to the top of some steep hills and went down them with a good head of speed. Heading back up the other side the speeds would diminish.

Heading back up one of said hills I wasn't keeping great speed so I pulled onto the shoulder to let traffic pass and they were not so I pulled into a community center parking lot to let the parade of traffic pass me. I went to the exit of the parking lot and got back onto the street and shortly thereafter I see the red rollers in my mirrors.

I pull onto the shoulder, shut down the hotrod, and am approached by the Sargent. I ask what the nature of the stop is and he ask's why I was running from him. I do a bit of a double take and chuckle asking if he was serious. He say's I pulled into the parking lot to get away from him.

I am dumbfounded and amazed this is happening in real life at this point and proceed with telling him about getting out of the way of the line of cars that were behind me.

Then the Sargent tells me he paced me going 40mph up the hill. Without a moment I told him it was physically impossible for my bike to go up the hill that fast.

He then instructs me to put my hands on the hood of the squad truck and runs my license. I haven't had a ticket in over 5 years but used to get into a lot of trouble before that. Not interested in dealing with the law anymore so I stay out of trouble.

At any rate he decides to take me to jail, have my scooter impounded, and charge me with 5 tickets.

No motorcycle license
No insurance
Failure to maintain lane
Excessive smoke
Didn't use turn signal

The bike is 49cc and legally not required to carry insurance(although I do carry full coverage because it is cheap) and the motorcycle license is not necessary either.

The bike has 2,200 miles on it and I bought it new back in July or August and it does not smoke. It will on start up until it warms and I did notice the other day when I let my friend ride it that while using Yamalube 2S it does have a slight white puff but I can't see it from the rear view mirror or by looking at the muffler while riding.

Failure to maintain lane, for moving out of the way for traffic to pass...give me a break!

I don't care about the signalling.

This douche pulls me over for one thing and then decides to write a laundry list of citations when I argue at the nonsense he is accusing me of.

This is all legal by the way. A police officer can cite you for things you didn't do and it will be your word against theirs in court and they can take you to jail even though you have no warrants or any reason other than them feeling like they are being disrespected.

They fail to give you respect though!

I have a new old slogan...FUCK the police!

I also filed a formal complaint against the Sargent. Not that it will do anything.
Want to make this cop's life miserable? Make a complaint to the feds your civil rights were violated... just do not lie to the feds... All complaints are required to be investigated.

Phoenix101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #47
Phoenix101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 721
I get tickets for anything.. last two tickets were for five over (no radar no pace... just an estimate... judge said that was ok) and the other was 7 over and I am a "yes sir no sir" on the stop. My wife an overweight, blue eyed, big breasted grandma... she is immune... she gets stopped all the time... 10-15 over... she gets the, "now drive safe..."

Phoenix101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #48
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,434
Thats when it becomes a matter of principle. You have to spend some money and appeal it to a higher court. You see that judge does not have the last say. Yeah it cost money but sometimes you just have to punish them for their silly BS.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #49
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,473
I have to get this court date moved up. They set it out to April.

I already filed a complaint against the Sargent at the police department. I like the idea of more punishment if the I can't get a lawyer to take my case.

Any direction you can point me in?
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #50
tortoise2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
get a lawyer to take my case
What case . . a police officer exercised their legal right to make a public offense misdemeanor arrest.

NRS 171.124
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #51
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise2 View Post
What case . . a police officer exercised their legal right to make a public offense misdemeanor arrest.

NRS 171.124
The Sargent I spoke with while making the complaint said it was legal what the arresting officer did.

How the "law" is given the authority to do this is ridiculous.

You can receive a ticket for things you did not due and be taken to jail because some prick law enforcement officer is having a "bad day".

This is the power we exercise to our government. I guess we are already screwed...
Old 12-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #52
hexnut
just cruising

You DON'T get arrested for those type offenses here. Sounds like the cop was just being an azz wipe.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #53
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
You DON'T get arrested for those type offenses here. Sounds like the cop was just being an azz wipe.
(d) On a charge made, upon a reasonable cause, of the commission of a felony or gross misdemeanor by the person arrested.

What happens doesn't stand up to what the act say. NO reasonable cause. Any cops is going to support his brother asswipe cop and say it's legal. As I said get the video that most cop car record and go from there. .
Old 12-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #54
tortoise2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
How the "law" is given the authority to do this is ridiculous.
On the other hand . . according to this Forbes article, where you reside (Henderson, Nevada) is America's 2nd safest city:
America's Safest Cities

For others curious . . general Henderson discussion thread.

tortoise2 screwed with this post 12-22-2011 at 09:48 AM
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #55
hexnut
just cruising

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #56
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,732
motorcyclists-legal-handbook/

http://roadcaptainusa.com/2011/12/22...egal-handbook/

Here the book for you to deal with tickets , goes state to state rules etc.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #57
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

I never did update this thread since Henderson seems to write so many citations that they are back logged six months on court dates.

I went to court with my insurance and documentation of the bike, video of the bike not smoking, etc and they dropped all citations with exception to the turn signal which they reduced to non moving violation just so they had reason to not pay me back for being in jail.

Also, the PRICK Sargent, Brett Seekatz, he is being indicted by Federal Grand Jury for his douche bag antics and I am glad to have had my complaint on file as another demerit point for his lack of ability as a peace officer. Scumbag.

Henderson as the 2nd safest city? Yeah right!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #58
don63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I once got three tickets on my honda express 50. I suspect it was because I tried to run and hide from him. I was young and stupid.
don63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #59
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by don63 View Post
I once got three tickets on my honda express 50. I suspect it was because I tried to run and hide from him. I was young and stupid.
And I was laughing at the officer who accused me of something so ridiculous and what do you know...someone actually tried it!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #60
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Three of those tickets are totally bogus, and will be dismissed, if your state law does not require a license or insurance on a 50cc. Excessive smoke? A Rattler is a 2 stroke, of course it is going to smoke. That is perfectly legal. I have driven old cars that burned so much oil they made visible smoke. But since they were too old to be subject to any emissions regulations, it was perfectly legal. Now if there was so much smoke it caused visibility problems, that would be a whole nother thing, but I don't see a Rattler 50 doing that. I would definitely consider what that cop did to be harassment, and I would do everything I could to cause him trouble.

I have ridden in a lot of states, and have found the cops in AZ, where I live, to be by far the worst of them all, even the infamous CHP. I have yet to deal with one that did not have a major attitude problem. When I had my EX500 I got three speeding tickets on it, all for going around a curve just a hair too fast, and the was a cop on the other side. Luckily all three were no points violations, but they cost me plenty. And there is a story behind that. AZ came up with the no points violation so they could triple the number of tickets they were normally writing, to increase revenue, without getting a lot of flack from drivers having their insurance rates doubled because of a ticket. They can now give you a ticket for very minor speeding, and call it "wasting natural resources" They have raked in millions of $$$ this way. A couple of years ago, I was stopped 3 times in 3 miles in a car for having a license plate light out. They said I could not drive it more than 25 miles like that, so I drove 10 miles up the road, pulled into a rest stop, and spent the night in the car. They don't call them pigs for nothing. Many AZ residents have now gone farther than that, calling them "nazis" and "gestapo" and a few other things. I have to say they have rightfully earned it.

EDIT: Just read your post which I somehow missed. Glad it turned out ok. I hope that cop won't be a cop much longer. From my experience and what I have been told by others, it seems many become cops because they have an attitude problem in the first place. Most seem to really enjoy treating people like that.

JerryH screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 10:48 AM
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote