Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #361
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWHooper View Post
I hear these guys have a hotel there...that would have been a nice place to stay...

Welcome home and thanks for the RR...

I am pretty sure that I stayed at their hotel, only they were shorter, and more Mexican looking ( disguised?) and they had forgotten most of their English, and they were younger. Other than that, I am petty sure it was them
BC Brian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #362
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorrie View Post
THERE YOU ARE CANNOT WHAIT FOR THE REST
Thanks jorrie

Lots more to come, just have to figure out doctors ( went yesterday) and whats in store in the near future. Right now we are hoping that I will travel with the family to Peru ( they were going to meet me there anyhow) then they will head back home, and I will go back to Mexico ,pick up my bike and carry on with my adventure. Thats the plan... we will see what the doctors say.....
Old 01-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #363
Parcero
Mundial

Oddometer: 533
I have been doing a staged trip south for a couple of months now. As much as I would like to do it all at once, coming home and seeing my kids' smiling faces (they are 10 and 8 years old) is better than all the adventure combined. My bike is in Colombia, and I will be back. And you will be back to your bike and your adventure also. What better incentive is there to get well?

Cuidate, amigo. Keep us posted on your progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Brian View Post
As you know if you read my first post ( Its not required reading) that before I left on this adventure I was experiencing some medical difficulties. The medication I am taking has made a great improvement in my condition, and is supposed to show noticeable improvement when I have been on it for 5 to 6 months.( I have been on it for about 3) but I am still experiencing symptoms which make it, while not impossible, difficult to travel. That, along with the realities of being away from my family, my better half and I have decided that I will store my bike in Mexico for a couple months, and continue on then.

This is something we had discussed prior to my leaving, and is not a bad thing, just a change in plans, which is pretty easy to do when you don't actually have a plan :)

So today, I will put my bike in a storage unit, hop on a bus to Oaxaca and catch a plane home ( its -25C there now), where I will kiss my wife, hug the kids, maybe kiss my wife again and do some follow up with the doctors.

This adventure is NOT over, just changing, which is with in the nature of my journey.

I am SO looking forward to seeing my family ( - 25C, not so much )

Light Dual Sport Fun in Michigan

R1200GS / KLR650 / XR400 / XR250 / 1950 Panhead
Parcero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #364
OldPete2112
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
What? No update since Jan 25?

How will I survive?

Hope all is well with you Brian, sure miss your updates. Wish you all the best, and really hope you are well enough to continue your adventure, no matter where it take you (ok, well us really).

Post up and let us know how you are.

OP

Its better to travel well than to arrive.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
OldPete2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #365
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPete2112 View Post
What? No update since Jan 25?

How will I survive?

Hope all is well with you Brian, sure miss your updates. Wish you all the best, and really hope you are well enough to continue your adventure, no matter where it take you (ok, well us really).

Post up and let us know how you are.

OP

Update?

Oh.........?

OK, I can let you know what has been going on the last couple of weeks. :)

things are looking pretty good, healthwise. I saw the doc, got a mess more blood tests, and got the results back on Friday. Seems the medication was working, but not as well or as fast as the doctor figured it should ( I had actually questioned the dosage at the time, but what do I know?)

So I am on some better, cheaper, more kick ass injectible meds, which I noticed a difference within 24 hours. I am noticing small side effects, which I am going to ask the doctor about, but I can totally live with them if I need to. She wants to watch me for the next month, so my hope of heading out again this week has been squarshed.:)

But its all good. So the offcial plan ( tickets are bought) is that I wll fly to Peru with the family in March, spend a month with them there, they will fly home and I will fly to Puerto Escondido, get on my bike and carry on. I am hopeful that these new meds will do the trick and I can continue heading South without any further problems.

I may not get to all the countries I had hoped to now, but really, its not a big deal, cause I never really had much of a plan to begin with :)

Other than that, I have just been getting into the flow of being home. Spending lots of time with the family, playing with the kids, dogs and spending quality time with my Better Half.

Kids mini snowman, which I let them bring inside

And, although its not as warm here, its still pretty nice.

Dawn from our deck this morning

Old 02-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #366
RockyDS
Wizened adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Good to hear your getting the medical care you need and that you'll be back on track soon.
RockyDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #367
GhostRiderFC
Just a guy who rides

Oddometer: 302
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyDS View Post
Good to hear your getting the medical care you need and that you'll be back on track soon.
Glad to hear you're doing well! I look forward to reading the rest of your adventures!

IBA #: 48128
My First Ride Report - Summer 2012
My Spotwalla
GhostRiderFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #368
OldPete2112
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Ok nothing wrong with that sort of update!

Glad to hear that you and the family are doing well. The trip will carry on when you get around to it, but the updates must continue. Lol.

Take care man, get better and enjoy the family time.

OP

OldPete2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #369
BluNozr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Good to hear you are feeling better. SA is waiting for you and that Buell so stay healthy.
BluNozr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #370
jimbowie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Hey Bro. It is March, so does that mean you are getting ready to head back down? I sincerely hope you are feeling okay and you have the meds working correctly. I am looking forward to you resuming the trip. I will be watching for any new posts. Best of luck with everything.
jimbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #371
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNozr View Post
Good to hear you are feeling better. SA is waiting for you and that Buell so stay healthy.
Hey Len

I have been making myself feel better by reading your RR.

Its funny, though, I haven't been online much in the last while. I seem to be filling my time doing a whole lot of nothing. Chilling with the kids, feeding cows for the inlaws, doing the occasional project at home. I seem to have brought home the mexican way of spending the day:)

Right now I am chillin with the wife and kids in Miraflores. We are here for a month, then I am heading back to my bike to carry on my journey.

I am going to have muchas preguntas for you when I get further south. Looks like you are seeing some pretty cool stuff.

Now I am gong to catch up on your ride report again
Old 03-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #372
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie View Post
Hey Bro. It is March, so does that mean you are getting ready to head back down? I sincerely hope you are feeling okay and you have the meds working correctly. I am looking forward to you resuming the trip. I will be watching for any new posts. Best of luck with everything.
Thanks Jim,

Meds are working pretty good and I am feeling pretty positive about travelling again

In Lima now with the family, and will be back on the RR before you know it. Mind you, by the time I get writing again, most people should be too busy riding to pay any attention to my travels
Old 03-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #373
B50Paul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Brian
Glad you are well, and continuing your trip . Looking forward to reading all about .

Vaos con dios paul
B50Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #374
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
Hola Brian

Keep an eye on your TVIP expiry date, you may have to cancel when leaving for Guatemala so you can get a new one for the ride back up.

Saludos Cal
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #375
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Stay tuned

So, aftrer a fun filled month in Peru with la familia, we are about to start thinking about packing up all our stuff to head out late Friday night. The family is going back home, and I am heading back to Puerto Escondido, pick up my bike and carry on in a sourthernly direction.

Stay tuned. I am hoping to see all kinds of cool stuff to write about.