Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2005, 10:26 AM   #1
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,258
KTM LC4 EZ-UP Centerstand Modification

Greetings all

Borne out of need, evolved through the fabrication process...

I (with the indispensable help from others...) have come up with a one piece addition to your LC4 centerstand (for those of us who were not fortunate enough to get the KTM design of the '03's and later) which will enable you to put your bike on the the centerstand with ease.

I decided to embark on this journey after riding a fellow Adv Rider's '03 and noticing just how easy his OEM centerstand was to utilize. After talking it over with some others at the '05 LC4 Tech Daze in CA I decided to see what we could come up with.

What evolved is a one piece (laser cut) mod for your centerstand...

Which after you weld it onto your existing centerstand and have it powdercoated (as I did) it will look like this...

Thus far, reviews (they should be coming in on this thread - look for them) have been good and I am pleased with my personal one. Frankly, I think it is a tad more sano than the OEM version.

I am vending this piece (you will receive the piece pictured in the 1st photo) for $30 delivered to your door (CONUS). For those of you across the pond, contact me and we'll arrange something equitable.

If you are on the left side of the US or close to Dallas (I visit home occassionally), let me know and I will deliver personally. I generally carry a piece or two as well, so speak up if we happen to meet up on the road!

To order, PM me with your address, quantity you desire, and method you wish to pay with (I accept paypal, cash, and checks/money orders). I will reply with instructions for payment and anticipated ship date (pieces are usually in stock, but they have been getting sold at a brisk pace).

Thanks in advance for your interest (and order) and see this thread for more background on this modification http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...re+centerstand
Old 04-27-2005, 11:16 AM   #2
creeper
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
You '02 and earlier wankers (you know who you are)... if you don't have one, we're talkin' one foot and no hands... well except maybe to guide the bike as it snaps backwards.

Get 'em while they're hot... next batch is $37.95.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:31 PM   #3
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,412
Wow my first run collectors edition CS, V-2 foot thingy just showed up!

It looks great, can't wait to get it welded on my, new to me CS.

Thanks Passy
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
overlander
Gravel Travel Tours

Oddometer: 380
Laugh Nice!

I want one, now! pm coming!
overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #5
creeper
Still alive...

Quick!... raise the price before anymore "no emotional investment" n00bs get the good deal.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:14 AM   #6
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Get 'em while they're hot... next batch is $37.95.
With $7.95 of each sale going to "Creeper's Children Fund"?

Seriously, PM's have sold out the current batch and I will be having another batch ordered today. If you are interested, don;t hesitate to PM me to reserve yours in this upcoming batch. Production will be MUCH faster this time (7-10 days till availability...) as we seem to have the kinks worked out now.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #7
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

I have 1 more left of this batch with the next batch in bound...

Since I have absolutely no shame... I just got mine put on this morning and it is working FANTASTIC I doubt my sidestand will be getting much use in the future now...

PASSMORE screwed with this post 05-04-2005 at 10:50 AM
PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #8
CaribouCases
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,192
Mike, I think you mean your "side stand" won't get much use now? So the LC4 came with a center stand and nothing to put you foot on for leverage? Gezzzz. Nice looking part.
Made in Boulder, Colorado USA
PH: 303-786-8947 Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time Zone
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:42 PM   #9
creeper
Still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurePipe
Mike, I think you mean your "side stand" won't get much use now?
He was dropped on his head as a child... repeatedly.

We tend to cut him some linguistic slack... you get to know what he means after awhile.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:46 AM   #10
herobikes
HE AINT HEAVY HES MY LC4

Oddometer: 207
I would like one of your centerstand brackets , please provide payment info , email @7sevans@comcast .net. Steve.
herobikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:40 PM   #11
Nom de Guerre
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,034
I've been meaning to give my report of Passy's great deal, but I was waiting until I got back "in country."

Before I left, I had it welded on (Michael, I'm afraid yer gonna be jealous of my beads when you see the weld job), and dropped it off to the powdercoaters.

I was supposed to be back tomorrow, but have changed plans, and will not be back until Monday, May 9. I'll post pics when I get back and get it back from the powdercoaters.

Trust me on this in the meantime... it looks MUCH nicer than the stock version found on the 03+ bikes (you hear that ChrisC ). If you have an '02 or earlier LC4-640 Adventure, this is a MUST DO mod. All the cool kids have already done it. What are you waiting for ya dummy?

Nom de Guerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:02 PM   #12
lvdukerider
Las Vegas Nevada

Oddometer: 523
I have the Duke I centerstand on my 00 Duke II, do you think that part would fit/work on my Duke II? The centerstand is the best non performance mod I have made to the bike IMHO. Please keep in mind the Duke I centerstand is much shorter than the Adventure. If yes please P.M. me the address where to send my money order thanks.
lvdukerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #13
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdukerider
I have the Duke I centerstand on my 00 Duke II, do you think that part would fit/work on my Duke II? The centerstand is the best non performance mod I have made to the bike IMHO. Please keep in mind the Duke I centerstand is much shorter than the Adventure. If yes please P.M. me the address where to send my money order thanks.
While I am not an expert on the Duke or engineering/geometry I suspect this would work just fine with it. If you found it to be an unacceptable effort, I am guessing you could make it "shorter"...

Look for a PM...
Old 05-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #14
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by herobikes
I would like one of your centerstand brackets , please provide payment info , email @7sevans@comcast .net. Steve.
Hi Steve,

Unfortunately for you I checked my PM's first and the last one (of this batch) has been claimed. Unfortunately, I am without regular internet service (due to a move) and have been reduced to a Starbuck's/Kinko's nomad so please utilize the PM function when ordering.

Another batch is in the works right now.

Michael
Old 05-04-2005, 11:00 AM   #15
PASSMORE OP
Just the last name...

Update

Greetings all...

The first batch is sold out. Next batch is on it's way.

That said, a distribution arrangement is in the works right now Everything points to this being wrapped up by next week. Rest assured the distributer is a very reputable company with a stellar rep around here.

Assuming all goes through, the next batch will be ordered/sold through this distributor (not by me). While I will not speak for him, pricing may edge up a "scosh" - I doubt it will be anything drastic knowing this guy...

I will continue to manufacture and develop the product (look for a thread requesting "testers").

My guess is that by next week you will see a thread opened here inthe vendor forum by the new distributor opening the ordering.

Thanks for all of your support fellas and keep the reviews coming in (good, bad, or ugly), they all contribute to further development!

Michael