User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #211
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Oddometer: 499
Hey Dan,

The dimmer is extremely close to being for sale and I will check on getting the adapter plate and parts for you.

Thanks,

Gordon BD
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #212
WHYNOWTHEN
where are the pedals?

Oddometer: 559
No wash! Those lights are so bright, they make the bike look clean.
I can't wait for tonight!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #213
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,621
I'm interested in the kit that refits into the stock KTM mask. A question if I may. From reading various LED threads I've come to the understanding that the enemy for LED's is heat buildup. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Most outfitters seem to deal with the heat issue with either lots of heat sink material and/or airflow. The Polisport mask version has vents near the LED light I assume that aids in cooling air for the LED. The KTM mask however has no such airflow holes, and is fact sealed shut. Can you address potential reliaility issues from using this light in slow offroad going, and issues caused by LED heat buildup and why this concern should, or should not be an issue on the KTM mask model?

Thanks in advance.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #214
MJS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,765
I can say that heat has not been an issue. I received one of the early units and while it does get warm to the touch I have not had an problems. From slow rocky trails to high speed sand washes, the light has been flawless.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #215
WHYNOWTHEN
where are the pedals?

Oddometer: 559
Ten minute ride last night while wonderful wife was making dinner.
WOW!
I can see! The two Squadrons on my 990 are mounted on the crash bars (see pics above) and wired in to the brights' switch.
So now I have a dim light for use on the road when other people are about, and a nuclear explosion for when nobody else is around.

Tried to do a quick local dirt loop, but the forest service had the gates closed in order to protect me from myself - it did rain over the weekend - there might be mud! So all I could do was irritate the neighbors by shining my lights in their windows from 1/2 a mile away.

These lights are unbelievably bright. How did I ever ride trails at night before? I can ride at day-time speeds up and down my pothole filled local dirt roads. When I switched back to the dim light for oncoming traffic, it seemed like KTM had set up a little candle on the front of my bike. The Squadrons fire up immediately and even work with the little 'flasher' button.

I did a little test to check whether the lights would be affected by dropping the bike.
No problem! Picked the bike up off the garage floor, and the lights hadn't even moved.

Stay tuned for pics and more inane rambling.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #216
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
I'm interested in the kit that refits into the stock KTM mask. A question if I may. From reading various LED threads I've come to the understanding that the enemy for LED's is heat buildup. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Most outfitters seem to deal with the heat issue with either lots of heat sink material and/or airflow. The Polisport mask version has vents near the LED light I assume that aids in cooling air for the LED. The KTM mask however has no such airflow holes, and is fact sealed shut. Can you address potential reliaility issues from using this light in slow offroad going, and issues caused by LED heat buildup and why this concern should, or should not be an issue on the KTM mask model?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,

Thanks Peter and thanks Mark, we are really happy to hear that you are enjoying the Squadron as much as we are, thanks for the support.

FTB, The Squadron utilizes technology that we use on our LED Stealth light bars. A thermal heat management system with a thermistor in line with each LED; which basically means that when your lights get to a danger level in heat, they automatically dim to save the LEDs. We also use copper core boards, which allows for much better heat dissipation, like trying to boil water in a thick copper pot. Along with real heat sink and an extremely efficient housing. The straight answer is no, you will not come across any problems with heat damage on any of our LED products, we take into account fast riding, slow riding, and just sitting in one spot. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Gordon BD
(760)560-2252 EXT. 124
Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #217
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Are you selling a kit that allows one to bolt the Squadron LED light into the stock 05-07 KTM (Husaberg) mask? If so how much will they be, ballpark? And again ballpark, how long until they can be purchased? Thanks in advance.
Did I miss the answer to this ?
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ht=Hypermotard
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #218
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Originally Posted by team ftb
Are you selling a kit that allows one to bolt the Squadron LED light into the stock 05-07 KTM (Husaberg) mask? If so how much will they be, ballpark? And again ballpark, how long until they can be purchased? Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
Did I miss the answer to this ?
Yes, We will be selling a kit that allows the Squadron to bolt into the existing 05-07 KTM stock shell and any Husaberg that has that same shell will work. (there are pictures in this thread of the 05-07 set-up) I will keep you posted on availability and price. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Gordon BD
(760)560-2252 EXT.124
Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #219
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Hey everyone update on the price The Squadron Kits that will go into the stock headlight shells for Crf 250/450x KTM 05-07 and 08-12 will be $349.95 msrp and $314.95 with the forum discount. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Gordon BD
(760)560-2252 EXT.124
Old 03-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #220
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Thanks BD for the prompt response on BD's methods of dealing with heat the LED's will produce.

Next question. On my KTM I have the CEV switches to control the lights (high and low beams), horn and kill button.

Can I use the CEV switch to turn the LED Squadron on and off?

I'm assuming the CEV dimmer control will not work to control seperate high and low beams. If not, please correct me. Would I be able to mount your dimmer switch in addition to the CEV switch in order to utilize both high and low beams?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #221
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Hey Team FTB,

You should be able to use the switch as an on/off for the Squadron and run the dimmer switch. The Squadron does not have a high/low so your switch will not work in that aspect. I just need to know the voltage of the low beam wire on the switch? The switch will be required to handle the amperage draw of the Squadron.

Thanks,

Gordon BD
(760)560-2252 EXT.124
Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #222
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Gordon - Sorry I can't get an answer for you regarding the low beam wire voltage, as the bike is in Thailand and I'm currently in the states. The CEV switches come stock on a lot of KTM's so one of your BD techs may already have that info. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #223
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

No worries I understand, I will ask our tech guy Ryan, but I am 99% sure it will work I'll let you know though.

Gordon BD
Old 03-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #224
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Thank you Gordon.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #225
jtoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
timeframe?

Yo BD guys,

this light looks like the ticket but i need it B4 april 15th. Any chance of that happening?

It would replace stocker light on 2012 500 xc-w, is this plug and play or will i be splicing wires?

Thanks,
John
jtoc is offline   Reply With Quote