Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #436
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,592
Hmmmm.... SII low beam, Squadron high beam for the Super Enduros maybe...
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #437
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Oddometer: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Hmmmm.... SII low beam, Squadron high beam for the Super Enduros maybe...
That'd be pretty awesome
760 560 2252 ext 126 and/or ext.123
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #438
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Hey everybody check out our Baja Designs KTM 2008-ON kit comes complete with a KTM headlight shell, mounting hardware and our insanely bright 3600 lumens KTM squadron kit. If you want the brightest and the best looking light for your KTM this is for you!

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=650100
Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #439
pepetrueba
PePeBaJa

Oddometer: 197
Squadrons

Mike:
I just placed order with Shannon. I called but you were on another line. He inpited order on the computer but said he would have to manually make changes to reflect the 25% discount.
Looking forward to removing dually d2's and replacing with suqdrons on my super enduro
Old 09-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #440
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepetrueba View Post
Mike:
I just placed order with Shannon. I called but you were on another line. He inpited order on the computer but said he would have to manually make changes to reflect the 25% discount.
Looking forward to removing dually d2's and replacing with suqdrons on my super enduro
Glad to hear you got your order in
Enjoy the lights we'd love to see some pictures
Let me know if you have any questions or need anything
Thanks
Mike
BD
760 560 2252
ext 101
Old 09-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #441
tdreyer
KTiM

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
Hey everybody check out our Baja Designs KTM 2008-ON kit comes complete with a KTM headlight shell, mounting hardware and our insanely bright 3600 lumens KTM squadron kit. If you want the brightest and the best looking light for your KTM this is for you!

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=650100
Damn, and I just ordered the '05 - '07 kit that doesn't come with a mask :-( Oh well I wouldn't want white anyway.

Same as with pepetrueba, my brother-in-law ordered and mentioned the discount but his credit card didn't reflect the discount. He called and said it would come out on the final invoice??

Can't wait, ordering a dimmer and a mask this weekend

"04625 SXC
'04 625 SMC 76,xxx mi.
'97 CR500 Sold
tdreyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #442
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdreyer View Post
Damn, and I just ordered the '05 - '07 kit that doesn't come with a mask :-( Oh well I wouldn't want white anyway.

Same as with pepetrueba, my brother-in-law ordered and mentioned the discount but his credit card didn't reflect the discount. He called and said it would come out on the final invoice??

Can't wait, ordering a dimmer and a mask this weekend
Sweet if you want your discount give us a call

yes it sometimes doesn't show in the original invoice and the salesman has to fix it in the program after the original invoice, customers credit cards are not charged till they leave the warehouse and at the time should show the discount.
If it doesn't we are happy to fix it and give us a call
Thanks
Mike
BD
Old 09-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #443
booter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
confusion of CREE LEDs'

FYI: For some of you who doubt the LM/Lumens output of the CREE LEDs', it's because the specs. that you're sourcing are those slated for the US/North American market.

The CREE LEDs=(emitters)' & pills=(driver boards) are way more advanced for the overseas market, the availability for North America concerning CREE XML/Q5 or SEOUL SSC P7 won't be widely available in the US for a while. The North American companies are 'a couple-several generations' behind the curve in this area.

"Case in point, people are just now starting to hear & be aware of CREE LEDs' while I have CREE lights from 5 years or more back."

I don't know why the North American is being kept down. Aloha! from California
booter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #444
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
FYI: For some of you who doubt the LM/Lumens output of the CREE LEDs', it's because the specs. that you're sourcing are those slated for the US/North American market.

The CREE LEDs=(emitters)' & pills=(driver boards) are way more advanced for the overseas market, the availability for North America concerning CREE XML/Q5 or SEOUL SSC P7 won't be widely available in the US for a while. The North American companies are 'a couple-several generations' behind the curve in this area.

"Case in point, people are just now starting to hear & be aware of CREE LEDs' while I have CREE lights from 5 years or more back."

I don't know why the North American is being kept down. Aloha! from California
Not really sure about that, I've had P7's and Q5's for over well over 3 years and XML's for over a year, you couldn't get them at your corner Radio Shack, but over the internet anyone can easily get what they want. Emitters, drivers, reflectors and lenses, all the components to make whatever you wanted, they've been there you just had to look.

Back then the mountain bike forums were the big movers. Look what we have now, they're too bright for DOT, back then a fully driven P7 or Q5 would barely be noticed except for the color. According to the specs and the bin, the Squadron XML's aren't even fully driven, 'a couple-several generations' behind? Behind what, XML's are IT right now.

This is a pretty exciting time, LED's are getting better and brighter and last our lifetime, they just need more throw, then everything else will go away.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #445
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,170
Can we get a picture of the rear of the SII LED and it's mounting bracket please?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #446
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
Can we get a picture of the rear of the SII LED and it's mounting bracket please?
I can get one as soon as we have one in the offices all the complete built ones just left to the sand sport super show this weekend. I just have the aluminum housing on my desk.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #447
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,011
Hi

What is the main difference between this
"07-ON KTM, EXC HID HEADLIGHT UPGRADE" and the squadron?

Do you have anything that would work on an 09 EXC?

Thanks!

Neil
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #448
booter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Not really sure about that, I've had P7's and Q5's for over well over 3 years and XML's for over a year, you couldn't get them at your corner Radio Shack, but over the internet anyone can easily get what they want. Emitters, drivers, reflectors and lenses, all the components to make whatever you wanted, they've been there you just had to look.

My comments were in reference to 'the major manufacturers & suppliers in the North American retail market' the big companies are so heavily invested in their current stock/materials that they have to sell whatever's on their shelves before they can move into the 'state-of-the-art' stuff. But by then they are again 'behind-the-curve' I agree with you I buy & research online with the smaller/progressive companies. It sounds like you know what the 411 is....

The physical limitations for 'light output' seems to be limited by the heat/temperature by-products.
booter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #449
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
This is a pretty exciting time, LED's are getting better and brighter and last our lifetime, they just need more throw, then everything else will go away.
More throw usually needs deeper optics/refelectors, and many of the LED lights have very shallow reflectors. Deeper optics means bigger lights, so I'm sure BD has to balance all that.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #450
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
The physical limitations for 'light output' seems to be limited by the heat/temperature by-products.
This is one of the differences between modifying a flashlight pill/puck and a purpose built board with thermal protection along with large heat sink surfaces like the Squadron. The design mitigates any heat concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
More throw usually needs deeper optics/refelectors, and many of the LED lights have very shallow reflectors. Deeper optics means bigger lights, so I'm sure BD has to balance all that.
I've asked quite a few questions about the differences of throw between high powered LED's and HID's, not really satisfied with the answers I've gotten, but if it was a reflector issue it would be solved by now, reflectors are the easy part. Reflector design has a lot to do with the focal point of the source, LEDs are surface mount for heat dissipation more then anything else, the depth of the reflector is driven by the fact that it is only outputting light 180deg.

A while back I researched LED lighting patents the car manufacturers were pumping out, some pretty innovative designs for removing heat, but the reflectors were pretty predictable.

The way I understand it the throw of LED's is one of the last Holy Grails to be solved, do that and I'd say you'll be the next millionaire.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul screwed with this post 09-24-2012 at 07:09 AM
theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote