User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
hammerhoot OP
dual season rider

Oddometer: 98
TCX Infinity GoreTex Boots

Can anyone give me your thoughts on the TCX Infinity Gore Tex Boots. Considering purchasing a pair, but I am a little concerned about some of the reviews I have read about the buckles. By the way, I am a size 10.5, would you go with the 10 or the 11? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks

Faster Horses

Younger Women

Older Whiskey

And More Money!
hammerhoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Benjava
?

Oddometer: 1,920
My favorite
So comfortable I can walk around in them all day. I don't like the buckles but I haven't had any problems with them
Old 11-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
NJ Moto
Running Free

Oddometer: 7,399
I've been wearing these boots for almost 5 years now. Mine are the Oxtar name before they became TCX. Great boots. Warm in the winter, not too hot in the summer, decent protection, comfortable for walking and still 100% waterproof. I've had no problems with the buckles.

I would go for the size 11. Based on my experience they run a tad small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuKeu...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqF_BtIwAU
"Can we get a party to finally represent us?" - Cenk Uygur
NJ Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,193
Mine are looking a little rougher for the wear, but the important parts are still holding up well, and my feet stay dry. For the year and a half I've had them, they have been my goto boot for whatever riding I'm doing. I've probably put somewhere in the neighborhood of 40k miles on them.

The stitching on the shift pad is mostly gone, so I can feel it flapping in the breeze a little bit. Most of the leather still looks pretty good except where I have been a bit neglectful. My buckles are still solid even with one good icy slide down the road, part of which was on the buckle.

They aren't my favorite boot for hot weather, and I rarely wear them with my leathers, but if I don't know what the weather is going to be, that is when I grab the Infinities.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
DoctorIt
vrooom!

Oddometer: 5,683
Mine are also >5 years old, Oxtar branded (in fact, I wore them to work today). Buckles are all 100%, and I even wore them hard for a few months last year when I got my G450X before buying proper MX boots.

As for size, the Oxtar's are only EU branded - 44 here, with room to wear pretty thick wool socks. I wear a 10 or 10,5 in most brands.

BTW: who still has these for sale? I should probably get a backup set for when (if) I finally retire these. I'd echo the comments above, my goto all-the-time boot, unless the weather is really hot and dry.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,965
I love mine. Two years, and they're breaking in nicely. A bit stiff and heavy at first, but once you get used to the heft, they feel like quality heavy duty boots. They feel a lot like my army Matterhorn boots...and that's a good thing. I didn't like the buckles at first, and they seem chincey, but they seem to do their job. I've never had a hint of a leak, and my feet have been warm into the low 30s with regular cotton socks. Thumbs up!
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Mike_MRS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
I love mine. Comfortable, flexible but stiff at the same time. Totally waterproof. I'd ridden in heavy rain plenty of times in them, but recently went on a canoeing trip where we were losing the light and there was no time to change out of my riding gear so we just went. About 1/2 mile out we reached a sand bar and I had to walk in foot deep seawater for about 300 yards. They stayed perfectly dry. When we got back I gave the outside a rinse with fresh water, dried them then wiped the fixings with ACF50. No problems at all.
Mike_MRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
BaronVonDarrin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
REALLY cheap goretex boot. buckles drive me insane. they don't come undone or anything, just need readjusted EVERY time you put them on. Comfortable. You can walk around in them. Warm and WP. I like em so far. I will probably get something more expensive and armored at some point but for now this is fine.
BaronVonDarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #9
Wantajustride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
I like my TCX boots. Comfortable right out of the box. Warm in cooler weather, not to hot in warm temps. I have yet to test the waterproofing, as in dropping a foot in a stream crossing or the like. The buckles take a bit of time to get used to but they feel very secure when cinched down. I have not had any issues with the buckles.

However, as a guy who is always looking at different gear I saw the "Gaerne Balanced Oil" boot. Very similar in design but three buckles as opposed to the two buckle of the TCX. The Gaerne' don't have the added protector on top of the foot like the TCX'. But they do look like a very good choice also. And from my research, I believe they are made in Italy.

FWIW, if you buy on-line just be sure the vendor has a good return policy.
Buying boots is always subjective, what is important is fit. And will the boot give you the protection you need for your riding style.

Good luck
"Walking thru life to an unknown destination and trying to enjoy the adventure getting there"
Wantajustride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
tupdegrove
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Like the protection with the TCX Infinity GTX Goretex boots. Comfortable out of the box. They don't seem weigh a lot which is a good thing. Spent a lot of time at RevZilla last week deciding between a 44 and 45. I normally wear 10.5. Liked the 44 with a thin pair of socks but wanted the capability to wear thicker socks in the winter for commuting to work. The 45 has some heal slippage but the toe box feels great with my wider feet. Decided to go with a 45 and now plan to add a pair thicker insoles to reduce the heal slippage. Highly recommended so far but I've only got 100 miles on them and these are my first pair of motorcycle boots.
tupdegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #11
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhoot View Post
Can anyone give me your thoughts on the TCX Infinity Gore Tex Boots. Considering purchasing a pair, but I am a little concerned about some of the reviews I have read about the buckles. By the way, I am a size 10.5, would you go with the 10 or the 11? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks

I am the same size as you, a 10.5 in most shoes and boots. I went with the 45 and use a insole to pick up the slack when in summer, read thin sock. After 5 years use they have broken in nicly. They were instantly comfortable from day 1, and have only gotten better. Excellant durability with minimal wear on the upper and sole. The only notiable sole wear in the instep, and this was expected as I run a agressive footpeg on most of my motorbikes, even my sportbike.
I am extremmly abusive of my gear, expecting more than the average rider for performance, comfort. and longivity. I ride several muti-day rides thru a varity of seasons, terrain, and climates. I rarely wash any of my outer wear, other than the occasional wipe down to get rid of the heavy mud or debris. Buckles are a non issue, simular as most offroad type boots.
These boots are the pair I grab when I go for these long rides. durable, comfortable to do short hikes to the waterfalls or scenic outcropping that I cant ride right to. Protective enough to ward off most road debris, and above all truely waterproof.
A great choice if you have to choose one pair to do most everything.
THe most inportant thing really is they look good on or off the bike.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
NJ Moto
Running Free

Oddometer: 7,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
THe most inportant thing really is they look good on or off the bike.
Funny you mention that. The other day a guy at my job a non-rider commented he liked my Infinities. Said they were "cool looking boots", battle scars and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuKeu...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqF_BtIwAU
"Can we get a party to finally represent us?" - Cenk Uygur
NJ Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
Uncle Bucks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
TCX Infinity Sole Problem

Love the TCX Infninity that I have had for 25 months and 24,000 miles. These boots fit great out of the box and are very comfortable for all day riding. They also have some good safety features for the foot, ankle and shin. The boots have held up well until this week when I noticed the sole on one boot was separating from the upper. My warranty does not have a time period on it so anxious to see how this claim is handled. It appears to be a manufacturing defect as the whole sole is just coming off starting from the middle and working towards the toe and heel. Boot has not been abused and I ride on road and cross country only. Have contacted TCX in New Hampshire and waiting for their reply and if they will repair, replace or whatever. Just sent them several pictures of the boot with sole separating and the purchase receipt. So far they have been very responsive and easy to work with. If they will back up their products I will highly recommend them for safety and comfort. Will update what happens when they respond.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #14
tupdegrove
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Cold Weather

Rode one hour yesterday in 23F temps at highway speeds in TCX Infinity boots. Wore thick wool "hunting" socks. Toes were cool but bearable. Would want to be warmer if this were a daily commute. I'm a normally "cold" person.
tupdegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #15
Trailryder42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,054
Mine are the Oxtars also. I've never had a problem with the buckles. It's the stupid use of Velcro to close the tops of the boots instead using another buckle that I have an issue with.
COHVCO
USA-ALL
BRC
Trailryder42 is offline   Reply With Quote