Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Yeah,you know me!

jonnytorch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #122
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 901
There are a few Mitsubishi EvoXs being used over here.

I still think this is the ultimate Police vehicle though.

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL

Andylaser screwed with this post 02-12-2012 at 04:32 PM
Andylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #123
jersey jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylaser View Post

I still think this is the ultimate Police vehicle though.

It's the last of the V8s!
The blower man! The Blower!

13 HD Ultra Limited, 03 Yamaha Road Star Warrior ( for sale! )
jersey jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #124
STROMVADER OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey jim View Post
It's the last of the V8s!
The blower man! The Blower!

That's awesome! Even the dog knows when the blower goes on, it's Mad Max time. Still one of my favorite movies. Sat in an 06' CVPI today. I want one even more now.
STROMVADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #125
Otis the Sasquatch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
I will say everyone here who is either a civillian who owns one that is trying to sell it, or a car lot who bought an ass load from the auction wants WAY WAY WAY too much for them. STUPID amounts....
Well, looks like Mr.X is right.
Yesterday I went down to the Police Car dealer I mentioned earlier. He had a couple of units I liked but his pricing turned out to be way high. Looks like his operation is geared towards the civilian or cab driver "You Work You Drive / Buy Here Pay Here" market.

I expressed some interest in a clean detective-looking 1999 CV w/ a stated 109,xxx mi, thinking it would be a good one to replace my current beater. Said I had cash in the bank ready to roll, and he shot me a price of $5000. WTF? For a '99? Imagine what he wants for a newer one.
Said a polite "thank you, I don't think it's the one for me" and started to walk and he said "I can work with you a little" but I was outta' there.

I am seeing some almost fair deals on the St Louis craigslist, but I'll prolly just spend the money on motorcycle parts anyway, and drive the current POS into the dirt.

[Hmmmmm. All new brake system for the '81 Suzuki GS1100E
with enough left over for that Genuine Honda espresso machine for the Goldwing. ]

Otis

Fact is, I like roads. I like to move.
Harry Truman
Otis the Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #126
STROMVADER OP
Beastly Adventurer

I'm still saving and hunting for the right Vic. I do have some farkles for it from previous vehicles. Found a 12" Kicker sub and amp I had in the attic. Also stumbled across a new 40 channel, chrome Cobra CB with magnetic whip. For the Road Warrior fans like myself, I found a cool site with links to "fan cars" people have built. The cars range from the Interceptor to Lord Humungus' minions cars.http://www.madmaxmovies.com
Old 01-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #127
STROMVADER OP
Beastly Adventurer

Otis, that sounds like some serious gouging from that dealer.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #128
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Oddometer: 3,563
^^^ Agreed. When we were buying used CVPIs from Kansas, maybe two or three years old and 50k miles, we were paying $13-15k per unit, somewhat outfitted. Your bet bet is to check for municipal auctions. I know our city sold off a bunch of units, including some of the 9C1's with the LT1 powerplant for less than $1k per unit. Granted they needed some work (decals removed, transmissions replaced, etc.), but the used car lot down the road resold them about a month later for 5X what he'd paid for them. Sweat equity isn't a bad thing.

-Joe

Trust and Respect take years to earn, but can be lost in a moment.

Life's too short to hold a grudge. -Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #129
STROMVADER OP
Beastly Adventurer

Someone in the Chicago CL is selling a Caprice with a 6.5 diesel motor in it. Can't figure out how to link the ad, but that would be a killer ride.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #130
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROMVADER View Post
Someone in the Chicago CL is selling a Caprice with a 6.5 diesel motor in it. Can't figure out how to link the ad, but that would be a killer ride.
Is it the 1979-1983 vintage Caprice that had the 5.7L diesel option I wonder? Dad had an Olds 98 with one of those The 6.5 would be better, but I can only imaging what the front suspension must be like. The damn Caprices always sounded like there were no bushings in the front end, regardless of how long ago it had been rebuilt.

-Joe

Old 01-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #131
STROMVADER OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69 View Post
Is it the 1979-1983 vintage Caprice that had the 5.7L diesel option I wonder? Dad had an Olds 98 with one of those The 6.5 would be better, but I can only imaging what the front suspension must be like. The damn Caprices always sounded like there were no bushings in the front end, regardless of how long ago it had been rebuilt.

-Joe
It's a newer one, like the Impala SS. The guy states he built and installed it with all heavy duty components. From the pics, I'm thinking the guy owns an autoshop. I wish I had $4500.

One of a kind 93 caprice intercepter with 95 6.5 diesel motor. I really dont want to sell it, cause this ones my favorite but times are tuff. I have a lot of time and money invested into this car, I put more than I'm asking for it just in 2011. Its the perfect daily driver, especially if you need to take the highway to work. 30mpg and a top speed of 140. That's probably all I need to say but I'll tell you a lil bit about the monster. It had all the springs, shocks, balljoints, steering components, swaybar bushing, and brakes replaced about 2 years ago and the brakes and steering components were replaced again this spring when I put the new 17" rockstar wheels and hankook z rated tires on. The motor is a rebuilt 6.5 GMC diesel it has a modified high flow intake and cone style air filter. Heavy duty military mechanical injection pump. Two week old plus 45 HP marine injector tips. The glow plug Controller was replaced at the same time and Dr diesel dual element glow plugs were installed also. It has a heavy duty oil cooler, Trans cooler, and radiator. 2 1/2" dual exhaust with glasspacks and 4" exhaust tips. The Trans is a 700r4 custom built for the motor with all heavy duty and performance parts and has a fully mechanical torque converter lock up. The rear end is a 3.90 posi. The door panels and all the seats were replaced with something a lil more comfortable from a slightly newer non cop car caprice and a few other interior parts too. Just changed the heater core and flushed the cooling system and filled with new diesel coolant.There's so much more that has been done but that gives you a good idea of what your looking at. I have all the parts to make it a Turbo and a 4911 super duty injection pump plus other parts. More pics to come soon but want to get it cleaned and detailed first.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #132
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

^^^^ Pretty cool, other than the ghetto rims and rubber band tires. A set of the Impala SS rims would look better, in my opinion.

I really loved the 94-96 LT-1 powered 9C1's. For a boat of a car, they handled like they were on rails and could get to speed very quickly, faster than the P71's up through the 2001 or so model year. The front ends always made a crap load of noise when turning and going over bumps, but they handled very, very well.

-Joe

Old 01-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #133
STROMVADER OP
Beastly Adventurer

I'm definitely digging that car. I knew someone that had a caprice as a work vehicle, provided by the village he worked for. They wouldn't give him a truck to go on construction sites and such. One day I met with him to do some final inspections and hopped in the caprice. He proceeded to take this fucking car through everything including deep mud puddles, over huge clods of dirt, bottoming out, etc.. I was thoroughly impressed nothing broke. This is a video of a CV at Moab!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI
Old 01-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #134
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 5,894
Funny an old friend has been posting pics of a Crown Vic he bought from a local PD and has been toying with to sell. I bet they are a fun ride.
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #135
jonny cash
LEGEND

Oddometer: 336
jonny cash is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: