ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #2146
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"
 
Kyle B's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
Oddometer: 719
Slide job

Yes, I'm finally back home and got one video loaded from my GoPro. Friday's wipeout. Maybe someone can add the guy's name.
http://youtu.be/K4aH58H8srM
__________________
2009 R 1200 GS
2006 DRZ 400
2004 R 1150 RT
Kyle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #2147
BDXMPL
The Sheriff
 
BDXMPL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Asheville
Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Yes, I'm finally back home and got one video loaded from my GoPro. Friday's wipeout. Maybe someone can add the guy's name.
http://youtu.be/K4aH58H8srM
Crashy McWreckerson?

Hunter
__________________
Then the world exploded, and my head fell off.
BDXMPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #2148
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"
 
Kyle B's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
Oddometer: 719
Video

AH, yes that's him!
Here's how the ride down looked from my trailer behind the GS.
http://youtu.be/PqOExaql4Mo
__________________
2009 R 1200 GS
2006 DRZ 400
2004 R 1150 RT

Kyle B screwed with this post 05-26-2012 at 06:43 AM
Kyle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #2149
BDXMPL
The Sheriff
 
BDXMPL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Asheville
Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
AH, yes that's him!
Here's how the ride down looked from my trailer!
http://youtu.be/K4aH58H8srM
I think you got your links mixed up, same vid.

Hunter
__________________
Then the world exploded, and my head fell off.
BDXMPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #2150
furtledurt
PACMULE
 
furtledurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Jupiter, NC
Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDXMPL View Post
Crashy McWreckerson?

Hunter
I just blew coffee all over my desk.
:
__________________
"Spent a little time on the mountain, spent a little time on the hill.
I saw things gettin' out of hand, I guess they always will"
Hunter-Garcia

90 K75RT (100k just ahead)
01 KLR www.thepacmule.com
Small model of 01 KLR
Dreambike: 02 KLR
furtledurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #2151
manufreak03
Adventurer
 
manufreak03's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The Right Side of the Blue Ridge
Oddometer: 29
That'd be me. Damn, that hurts all over again.
What's the prognosis for your GoPro lens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Yes, I'm finally back home and got one video loaded from my GoPro. Friday's wipeout. Maybe someone can add the guy's name.
http://youtu.be/K4aH58H8srM
manufreak03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #2152
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster
 
Flashback's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Mariana Islands via Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 3,079
Just feel that I have to say something. Maybe I'm too late. Maybe not. Been going back and forth on even mentioning things at all or just keeping my mouth shut.

In the end, I guess I'll just settle for looking like an ass than keeping my mouth shut.

I didn't know Rick passed away. I didn't know he was in accident. I thought about coming up to the rendezvous but I went surfing instead. Spent the weekend camping on the beach with my wife and my boards. Fished. Had camp fires on the beach. Got a sunburned. Thoroughly enjoyed my weekend surfing. But...If I had known, I would have made a different decision and gone to Ricks Rendezvous instead of going surfing.

I feel bad because, even though I didn't know Rick well, he was such a cool person. At my first Rendezvous he became my best friend. And even though I knew he wasn't "really" my best friend, he made this noob feel really welcome...yes we were all noobs once.

I had intended to come back and help Rick out with the organiz-ing and schtuff...you know all that stuff that makes events like this happen. I'm good at putting the background things together and I thought it would be great to help put this kind of event together. But I waited to volunteer and other stuff got in the way. So I never did step up.

So now I feel bad because I never got to thank Rick for being such a great guy. And I feel bad cause I didn't step up. And I feel bad because well, just damn it...good guys aren't supposed to go the way Rick did.

Anyway. That's that. This is this. And in 4 hours I'm going to be heading out for a pre-dawn strike on my local tag. Not sure where else to take this but to say that we all bring "it" in our own special ways. Rick did! and all regrets aside, I hope I do too. Here is a tribute to everyone who has ever just gone their own way, chosen the road not taken, and headed out into the unknown in pursuit of that which they love...

Keep on keeping on is, I believe, how the mantra goes....thanks for everything you do.
__________________


Flashback screwed with this post 05-26-2012 at 10:45 PM
Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #2153
Meathead
tin man
 
Meathead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
Been going back and forth on even mentioning things at all or just keeping my mouth shut.
You should've stuck with the latter.
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #2154
Rabbot
rain+superbike=adventure
 
Rabbot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
Just feel that I have to say something. Maybe I'm too late. Maybe not. Been going back and forth on even mentioning things at all or just keeping my mouth shut.

In the end, I guess I'll just settle for looking like an ass than keeping my mouth shut.

I didn't know Rick passed away. I didn't know he was in accident. I thought about coming up to the rendezvous but I went surfing instead. Spent the weekend camping on the beach with my wife and my boards. Fished. Had camp fires on the beach. Got a sunburned. Thoroughly enjoyed my weekend surfing. But...If I had known, I would have made a different decision and gone to Ricks Rendezvous instead of going surfing.

I feel bad because, even though I didn't know Rick well, he was such a cool person. At my first Rendezvous he became my best friend. And even though I knew he wasn't "really" my best friend, he made this noob feel really welcome...yes we were all noobs once.

I had intended to come back and help Rick out with the organiz-ing and schtuff...you know all that stuff that makes events like this happen. I'm good at putting the background things together and I thought it would be great to help put this kind of event together. But I waited to volunteer and other stuff got in the way. So I never did step up.

So now I feel bad because I never got to thank Rick for being such a great guy. And I feel bad cause I didn't step up. And I feel bad because well, just damn it...good guys aren't supposed to go the way Rick did.

Anyway. That's that. This is this. And in 4 hours I'm going to be heading out for a pre-dawn strike on my local tag. Not sure where else to take this but to say that we all bring "it" in our own special ways. Rick did! and all regrets aside, I hope I do too. Here is a tribute to everyone who has ever just gone their own way, chosen the road not taken, and headed out into the unknown in pursuit of that which they love...

Keep on keeping on is, I believe, how the mantra goes....thanks for everything you do.
Given that you just found out, I can assure you your reaction is the same as the rest of us. No need to feel badly for not coming. The only thing Rick loved more then motorcycles was Family. You made the right choice.
__________________
"Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme".
Rabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #2155
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"
 
Kyle B's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
Oddometer: 719
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDXMPL View Post
I think you got your links mixed up, same vid.

Hunter
I fixed it Hunter!
__________________
2009 R 1200 GS
2006 DRZ 400
2004 R 1150 RT
Kyle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #2156
BDXMPL
The Sheriff
 
BDXMPL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Asheville
Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
I fixed it Hunter!
Nice!

I'll bring my race leathers next year, and do some trailer surfing.

What could possibly go wrong?

Hunter
__________________
Then the world exploded, and my head fell off.
BDXMPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #2157
Laconic
Hard Core
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 15,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbot View Post
Given that you just found out, I can assure you your reaction is the same as the rest of us. No need to feel badly for not coming. The only thing Rick loved more then motorcycles was Family. You made the right choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoganai View Post
Regret, we all have it when someone dies.
Would have, could have, should have and life getting in the way.

Putting are wife and kids coming first, good onya.

Expressing regret, good onya. We can all learn from this as are simply human.
Expressing gratitude, good onya.

Seek peace,
-G

These.

.
Laconic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #2158
Gypsy
YamaHo
 
Gypsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: BOAF Caves
Oddometer: 3,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
Thank you. Was about to yell at y'all for not enough pics!! So very sorry we missed out on this one, having been to the last oh, 4 in a row, say. Can't help but think of Rick just about daily - I'm either putting my hand on a RDV cup or a T-shirt or looking at the "I be memberin hugs from PARTY BOSS" LOL kitty on my desktop at work. Miss the hell outta that man!

Missed all y'alls, too! Will try to be there next year or at some other such foolish gathering in the meantime.

__________________
"soul choking, horrible, outta order, lair of death!" - from my 13 yo niece re: school. Applies to work(sucks) just as well.

fuck cancer. ride bikes.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #2159
Gypsy
YamaHo
 
Gypsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: BOAF Caves
Oddometer: 3,978
Link to the 4 deadly words stickers yet? Did a search...but I sucketh at those...and found nothing.
__________________
"soul choking, horrible, outta order, lair of death!" - from my 13 yo niece re: school. Applies to work(sucks) just as well.

fuck cancer. ride bikes.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #2160
Gypsy
YamaHo
 
Gypsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: BOAF Caves
Oddometer: 3,978
Thanks Gwen!
__________________
"soul choking, horrible, outta order, lair of death!" - from my 13 yo niece re: school. Applies to work(sucks) just as well.

fuck cancer. ride bikes.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014