ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #106
BigDoc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Leland, NC
Oddometer: 250
NC/SC title holder

@knybanjo; I was the NC/SC tomahawk champion at the Kings Mountain games in 1981. I will bring my throwing tomahawk with me. Ought to be fun after a few tankards of ale.
BigDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #107
PARTY BOSS™ OP
FORMERLY R1100RICK
 
PARTY BOSS™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: VAGINYA
Oddometer: 5,421
Thanks to the fearless leaders

I would like to take a second to thank ahead of time the generous ride leaders in our group.
ktmMike , knybanjo, advtenn, bpg, BigDoc. You Guys are what make this a Great Rally . I can't tell you how much it means to me that you and your helpers take the time to give this group such a great experience riding some of the most beautiful, challenging and exciting roads to be found. Thanks you Guys, You are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
99'F'n 650,
99'R11R
06'K12R
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #108
advtenn
Beastly Adventurer
 
advtenn's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: East TN.
Oddometer: 1,345
................. Let's do it!
__________________
bikes guns and shine


"My body thinks my brains gone crazy" ..........Corky McMillian
advtenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #109
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!
 
Fe Man's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Moran Nation, N. Atlanta Outpost
Oddometer: 7,500
I may actually do some planning for the third annual:
"Mindless Wandering and Miscellaneous Scenery Ride".

This ride is perfect for new riders, riders with pillion, husband/wife teams, late rising alcoholics, those that loathe "organized" rides, under-achievers and those that like to wander aimlessly! It is marginally more adventurous than a rush hour trip to Starbucks, will involve some gravel, dirt if I'm lucky and may involve wheelies and or high speeds. Extreme low speeds can also be expected and Fe Woman will demonstrate how to travel at the speed of stop!

Last year's bikes included Tigers, KLRs, KTM 9-somethings, BMW 11-something GS's and some others that I can't recall.

We usually meet somewhere near the bikes, sometime after breakfast and coffee but before lunch, discuss where to get gas, stare at maps, retrieve forgotten items from tents, talk more about direction, stare at maps some more and depart.

Kickstands will be up promptly as soon as some direction is determined and demonstrated.

Lunch will be a priority though it usually occurs after much wandering and further discussion.

Photo opportunities will be numerous, exploited and overlooked; sometimes at the same time.

Route reversals and backtracking can be expected along with stalled starts, strange looks, muttered complaints, mild profanity and my wife shaking her head while staring at me.

This ride usually happens Friday and Saturday and sometimes involves totally new routes; mainly because no one can remember where we have actually been.

This will definitely, probably be a blast; or something!

3.5.2012

Today I actually looked at a map and started thinking about the route. I'm pretty sure we will be pulling out of the parking lot and turning left!

5.14.2012


Almost certainly left!

Thinking about heading up into Virginia, around Mt Rogers then maybe over towards Grayson Highlands....
Mixed bag of roads, easy gravel, maybe some dirt roads, nothing too sketchy cause Fe Woman doesn't want to crash too much. This will really be nothing more than "wonder where this goes" again and again.

Input is welcome!
__________________
2006 Tiger
2008 KLR (hers)

Fe Man screwed with this post 05-14-2012 at 09:17 AM
Fe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #110
sangfroid
Studly Adventurer
 
sangfroid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: the south: south Ohio, that is
Oddometer: 692
In!

BEAN
__________________
It's not about how many people you kill, it's how you get along with the ones that are left.- Jimmy Tudesci
sangfroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #111
vabuckaroo68
Gnarly!
 
vabuckaroo68's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Locust Dale, VA
Oddometer: 1,116
"Location, location, location" John Ford
__________________
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied- "If you seek for Eldorado!" E.A.P. 1849
04 KTM 950 ADV ~ "BEASTIE", '08 KTM 450 XCR-W, Husky 360 WR/CR, Bultaco Frontera 250
vabuckaroo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #112
guitarhack
Beastly Adventurer
 
guitarhack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
I may actually do some planning for the third annual:
"Mindless Wandering and Miscellaneous Scenery Ride".

This ride is perfect for new riders, riders with pillion, husband/wife teams, late rising alcoholics, those that loathe "organized" rides, under-achievers and those that like to wander aimlessly! It is marginally more adventurous than a rush hour trip to Starbucks, will involve some gravel, dirt if I'm lucky and may involve wheelies and or high speeds. Extreme low speeds can also be expected and Fe Woman will demonstrate how to travel at the speed of stop!

Last year's bikes included Tigers, KLRs, KTM 9-somethings, BMW 11-something GS's and some others that I can't recall.

We usually meet somewhere near the bikes, sometime after breakfast and coffee but before lunch, discuss where to get gas, stare at maps, retrieve forgotten items from tents, talk more about direction, stare at maps some more and depart.

Kickstands will be up promptly as soon as some direction is determined and demonstrated.

Lunch will be a priority though it usually occurs after much wandering and further discussion.

Photo opportunities will be numerous, exploited and overlooked; sometimes at the same time.

Route reversals and backtracking can be expected along with stalled starts, strange looks, muttered complaints, mild profanity and my wife shaking her head while staring at me.

This ride usually happens Friday and Saturday and sometimes involves totally new routes; mainly because no one can remember where we have actually been.

This will definitely, probably be a blast; or something!
I dunno. Sounds too rigid and organized. I think I am looking for something a little more flexible and less restrictive.
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #113
Cigars&Scotch
My eyes are up here
 
Cigars&Scotch's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Fancy Pants of North Moran
Oddometer: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhack View Post
I dunno. Sounds too rigid and organized. I think I am looking for something a little more flexible and less restrictive.
Then your ready for the C&S ride. Starts sometime after 12 noon or when ever you get up, you hop an bike and ride from your tent to the gazebo where you try to drink a bottle of 18 yr old scotch and smoke $10 cigars while waiting for all those gun hoe riders to come back in.

Party Boss approved
__________________
Mike

"Why don't you buy some flea collars for your ankles so the ants wont climb up you leg and bite your candy ass!!!" Kennyanc 07 H.Springs

38 BMW R71 w/sidecar Kung Fu version
77 BMW R90S Huh ?
90 BMW R100GS/PD "At last!"

NRA Life Member, Trout Unlimited Life Member
Drink till I'm Drunk Life Member
Cigars&Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #114
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!
 
Fe Man's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Moran Nation, N. Atlanta Outpost
Oddometer: 7,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Scotch View Post
Then your ready for the C&S ride. Starts sometime after 12 noon or when ever you get up, you hop an bike and ride from your tent to the gazebo where you try to drink a bottle of 18 yr old scotch and smoke $10 cigars while waiting for all those gun hoe riders to come back in.

Party Boss approved
While hosting an Air Head tech session...
__________________
2006 Tiger
2008 KLR (hers)
Fe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #115
Cigars&Scotch
My eyes are up here
 
Cigars&Scotch's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Fancy Pants of North Moran
Oddometer: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
While hosting an Air Head tech session...
And Jump start a New Triumph with a 21 yr old bike
__________________
Mike

"Why don't you buy some flea collars for your ankles so the ants wont climb up you leg and bite your candy ass!!!" Kennyanc 07 H.Springs

38 BMW R71 w/sidecar Kung Fu version
77 BMW R90S Huh ?
90 BMW R100GS/PD "At last!"

NRA Life Member, Trout Unlimited Life Member
Drink till I'm Drunk Life Member
Cigars&Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #116
Cuttle
me? what?
 
Cuttle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mars
Oddometer: 9,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Scotch View Post
Then your ready for the C&S ride. Starts sometime after 12 noon or when ever you get up, you hop an bike and ride from your tent to the gazebo where you try to drink a bottle of 18 yr old scotch and smoke $10 cigars while waiting for all those gun hoe riders to come back in.
you drop on average on
Party Boss approved
how many people do lose on average during your C&S "ride"?
__________________
Cut´tle (k?t´t'l)
1.(Zool.) A cephalopod of the genus Sepia, having an internal shell, large eyes, and ten arms furnished with denticulated suckers, by means of which it secures its prey. 2.A foul-mouthed fellow
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #117
Willy-B
onebudwiser
 
Willy-B's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Winder, Ga.
Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
I may actually do some planning for the third annual:
"Mindless Wandering and Miscellaneous Scenery Ride".

This ride is perfect for new riders, riders with pillion, husband/wife teams, late rising alcoholics, those that loathe "organized" rides, under-achievers and those that like to wander aimlessly! It is marginally more adventurous than a rush hour trip to Starbucks, will involve some gravel, dirt if I'm lucky and may involve wheelies and or high speeds. Extreme low speeds can also be expected and Fe Woman will demonstrate how to travel at the speed of stop!

Last year's bikes included Tigers, KLRs, KTM 9-somethings, BMW 11-something GS's and some others that I can't recall.

We usually meet somewhere near the bikes, sometime after breakfast and coffee but before lunch, discuss where to get gas, stare at maps, retrieve forgotten items from tents, talk more about direction, stare at maps some more and depart.

Kickstands will be up promptly as soon as some direction is determined and demonstrated.

Lunch will be a priority though it usually occurs after much wandering and further discussion.

Photo opportunities will be numerous, exploited and overlooked; sometimes at the same time.

Route reversals and backtracking can be expected along with stalled starts, strange looks, muttered complaints, mild profanity and my wife shaking her head while staring at me.

This ride usually happens Friday and Saturday and sometimes involves totally new routes; mainly because no one can remember where we have actually been.

This will definitely, probably be a blast; or something!
Them there KTM 9-sumpin'-or-a-nuthers are a real pain in the ass if you were to ask me. I'd say burn them all.

How ya been Chuck?

PS-It sucks riding with you too.
__________________
I'd rather be legless than spineless. Any day of the week and forever.-Gravity

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #118
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 22,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Scotch View Post
Then your ready for the C&S ride. Starts sometime after 12 noon or when ever you get up, you hop an bike and ride from your tent to the gazebo where you try to drink a bottle of 18 yr old scotch and smoke $10 cigars while waiting for all those gun hoe riders to come back in.

Party Boss approved
When we get back we'll join you with beer and $2 stogies!
__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #119
Cuttle
me? what?
 
Cuttle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mars
Oddometer: 9,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
When we get back we'll join you with beer and $2 stogies!
remind me to bring you and Rick some "unobtanium" smokes from germany...
__________________
Cut´tle (k?t´t'l)
1.(Zool.) A cephalopod of the genus Sepia, having an internal shell, large eyes, and ten arms furnished with denticulated suckers, by means of which it secures its prey. 2.A foul-mouthed fellow
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #120
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend
 
RevBill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mayodan, NC
Oddometer: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
When we get back we'll join you with beer and $2 stogies!
$2.00??? .. yeesh .. Rockefeller ..
__________________
"On the road less traveled there ain't no TP, bring your own and that will make all the difference.."
RevBill's SmugMug Shenanigans
My '06 KLR
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014