Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 04:07 AM   #436
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
All the new F1 tracks are like that. The holdover ones still have something of their character left, although the (very safe) runoff areas sure are ugly.

I like Barber on TV. Surprised to hear you don't like it.

I'd like to see F1 at Miller Park.
Barber is good on tv. As a spectator, good portions of the track are off-limits. As a place to work, there are facets of the experience that are frustrating and annoying, but that's not for this thread.

Miller could be made to work, I imagine, thinking purely of the track.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:23 AM   #437
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Barber is good on tv. As a spectator, good portions of the track are off-limits. As a place to work, there are facets of the experience that are frustrating and annoying, but that's not for this thread.

Miller could be made to work, I imagine, thinking purely of the track.
Harv - When you say it is hard to work Barber, are you talking photography?

I was only there once. It was hard for me to find a place to see the racing. Maybe there is a way to get into the infield, but I never found it. Plus I really needed a pit bike to get around.

There are some dangerous spots on the track as well, without ample runoff. The back section appears to have lots of runoff, but once they get into the grass at the speeds they are going, they travel a mighty long way.

I've seen them just drop it and slide all the way to the airfence past the little kink. Sheesh!
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #438
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Harv - When you say it is hard to work Barber, are you talking photography?

I was only there once. It was hard for me to find a place to see the racing. Maybe there is a way to get into the infield, but I never found it. Plus I really needed a pit bike to get around.

There are some dangerous spots on the track as well, without ample runoff. The back section appears to have lots of runoff, but once they get into the grass at the speeds they are going, they travel a mighty long way.

I've seen them just drop it and slide all the way to the airfence past the little kink. Sheesh!
Yeah, speaking as a photographer.

The infield is off-limits to spectators. Shame, since that's where most of the action is. It's important to remember though that Barber was not designed to be a track for racing or spectators, but as a private road to exercise the museum's bikes.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #439
motomike14
Thumper Crusader

Oddometer: 1,695
Kenseth out at Roush. Muddles the free agency picture...a lot. Leaves Kurt Busch, Ryan Newman, and Logano (potentially) very nervous about their prospects. I expect an announcement in the next 2-3 weeks of Kenseth going to JGR, whether with Home Depot in the #20 car or a new ride with some other sponsor. Silly season now in full swing, even before the chase.

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #440
moymurfs

Oddometer: 2,177
Yea, but the best news of all is Robby Gordon has no sponsor and has to cut back severely. That guy needs to stick with his off-road racing....he does it well. In NASCAR he nothing but an equipment destroyer...both his and other's...good riddance!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #441
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomike14 View Post
Kenseth out at Roush. Muddles the free agency picture...a lot. Leaves Kurt Busch, Ryan Newman, and Logano (potentially) very nervous about their prospects. I expect an announcement in the next 2-3 weeks of Kenseth going to JGR, whether with Home Depot in the #20 car or a new ride with some other sponsor. Silly season now in full swing, even before the chase.

Funny how these things unfold, Logano was aimed at the door and he's recently won in both Sprint, and Nationwide, and I think Kenseth is leading the points race.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #442
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,234
Stenhouse is taking Kenseth's seat. Probably a good thing for Matt, even Mark Martin says that he should have left Roush 20 years ago and his career would have been very different with better cars and teams.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #443
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Stenhouse is taking Kenseth's seat. Probably a good thing for Matt, even Mark Martin says that he should have left Roush 20 years ago and his career would have been very different with better cars and teams.

They killed Johnny Bensons career.
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #444
Motorcyclist OP
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by moymurfs View Post
Yea, but the best news of all is Robby Gordon has no sponsor and has to cut back severely. That guy needs to stick with his off-road racing....he does it well. In NASCAR he nothing but an equipment destroyer...both his and other's...good riddance!
Robby was on Wind Tunnel a week or two ago lobbying for Dodge to throw their money behind him as their "factory" team. He claims that his shop can build cars and motors from the ground up, so they could be Dodge's main team in NASCAR now that Penske is jumping ship. I'm sure he has developed the capability to build cars and motors out of necessity, since he has burned so many bridges with other owners/teams.

I've never cared for him. He is a good driver, and apparently has the skills to drive almost anything, but he suffers from ADD. He doesn't seem to concentrate on any one thing long enough to be a major contender (at least on pavement). And his attitude reminds me of what I really disliked about CART back in the day.

Motorcyclist screwed with this post 06-28-2012 at 09:58 AM
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #445
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

I'm a big Robbie Fan

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1424

Check this vid from last month's Mex 1K. The KTM rider is WFO on what looks like a scruffy salt plain. Robbie comes by wide right in his Dakar Humbuggy at about a buck thirty and crosses the pucker bushes to get back on the course in front of the KTM. Very cool. Rider had to lift a little when it looked a little sketchy for Robbie coming across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
Robby was on Wind Tunnel a week or two ago I'm sure he has developed the capability to build cars and motors out of necessity, since he has burned so many bridges with other owners/teams.

I've never cared for him. He is a good driver, and apparently has the skills to drive almost anything, but he suffers from ADD. He doesn't seem to concentrate on any one thing long enough to be a major contender (at least on pavement). And his attitude reminds me of what I really disliked about CART back in the day.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #446
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1424

Check this vid from last month's Mex 1K. The KTM rider is WFO on what looks like a scruffy salt plain. Robbie comes by wide right in his Dakar Humbuggy at about a buck thirty and crosses the pucker bushes to get back on the course in front of the KTM. Very cool. Rider had to lift a little when it looked a little sketchy for Robbie coming across.

My favorite shot is the one where he is cleaning C. Vestals goggles

Tork screwed with this post 06-28-2012 at 04:51 PM
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #447
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork View Post
My favorite shot is the one where he is cleaning C. Vestals googles

Robby is a good man. He knows his roots.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #448
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Kenseth says he already has a deal for 2013 and beyond. Hmm...
Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #449
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Kenseth says he already has a deal for 2013 and beyond. Hmm...
Gibbs.
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #450
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Gibbs.

That's the chatter, we'll see. Might be bigger than that.