Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #556
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealOldDualSportGuy View Post
I had the privelage of working with and building the winning car the Marcos has driven for the last 2 years at the Glenn.

That is actualyl an 08 chassis that was origionally one of the first COT built outside the NASCAR Tech Facility.

It has never been wrecked, clipped,, or even had a bent front stub.

The suspension has been changed each year, upgraded as necessary, but the same basic geomenty has been used since 2008.

The Lad likes the Tin Top the way it was built, so why change it.

The Nationwide Chassis the Marcos won with is setting about 1/4 mile from my present location, up on jack stands, awaiting a rebuild, then being shipped to AU.

Cheers

So is that car exclusively a road course chassis, or does it see left turn duty as well?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #557
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,667
Noticed that Kyle Busch fired Leffler from his truck ride. He said that they're gonna try out some drivers in actual races in the 18 truck rather than wait until the end of the season.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #558
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 73,233
Put the big cars on a squiggly track and you get another great race.

I sure am glad that little prick Villeneuve didn't win. It was especially tasty to see the punk whining at Allgaier after the race. After Villeneuve's dick move at Watkins Glen, and then his pushing his way to the lead today, it was beautifully ironic to see Allgaier knock Villeneuve aside on the last lap at Montreal. After how he's driven this season, for Villeneuve to complain about it just affirms what a tiny little douche he is.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #559
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 854
Only caught the last two laps, but happy to see a personal friend in the top ten (after two dnf's, neither of which his fault, in his first two nationwide races.) Enjoyed hearing the winner get boo'ed after punting the local.
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #560
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

If it wasn't for shitty luck that girl wouldn't have any luck at all. I sure hope they catch the asshole that threw that shoe.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #561
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
If it wasn't for shitty luck that girl wouldn't have any luck at all. I sure hope they catch the asshole that threw that shoe.
She said right after qualifying that she jumped the car hard and broke something, they should have fixed it and gone to the back for the start. Probably would have finished better.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #562
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,193
Funny how DODGE and DODGE logos was everywhere at this race
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #563
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
She said right after qualifying that she jumped the car hard and broke something, they should have fixed it and gone to the back for the start. Probably would have finished better.

That probably is more plausible than a shoe diong damage, but still, running over anything at 100 plus can't be good for the undercarriage. I doubt she would have won if it held together, but she would have been somewhere near the front at the end.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #564
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

And furthermore, as fond as nascar is of debris cautions, It seemed like they had more than enough time to call one before the pack got there.(to the shoe)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #565
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Does Montoya have any fans here?

I'm wondering if there has been a race this season where he hasn't been involved in a wreck. (I can't recall one....)

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #566
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
That probably is more plausible than a shoe diong damage, but still, running over anything at 100 plus can't be good for the undercarriage. I doubt she would have won if it held together, but she would have been somewhere near the front at the end.
Yeah, a shoe didn't break the track bar and snap an axle. Damn shame, because I was rooting for her...good run and showing great skill. Did you catch her saying 'fuck' on the air?
Old 08-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #567
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Rainin "F" bombs in NASCAR this weekend!Crewman chided a NASCAR offical for throwing debris in Martins seat.
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #568
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Rainin "F" bombs in NASCAR this weekend!Crewman chided a NASCAR offical for throwing debris in Martins seat.

Yeah, Jeff Gordon too, but they bleeped 'em out.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #569
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 73,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
I doubt they knew it was broken. She told them it bottomed out hard in qualy and I assume they checked it out. Since they don't have x-ray gear to scan the metal, they probably couldn't tell if it had a small fracture. Who knows whether or not the shoe triggerred it? She wasn't taking the curbs hard and the problems started almost immediately after she ran over the thing.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #570
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I doubt they knew it was broken. She told them it bottomed out hard in qualy and I assume they checked it out. Since they don't have x-ray gear to scan the metal, they probably couldn't tell if it had a small fracture. Who knows whether or not the shoe triggerred it? She wasn't taking the curbs hard and the problems started almost immediately after she ran over the thing.

Any amount of work on the car sends them to the back if I understand right. The rear end was shifting around before the shoe, the shoe was the trigger for the announcers to start looking at her car.

Mark Martin is a man that is lucky to be alive, he oughta quit and enjoy his grandkids.