User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
upweekis OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Moose Expedition luggage

I got a set of these when I traded for the new KLR. There is a rubber cushion or bumper on the case mount that I believe is there to prevent the case from bouncing off.
EVERY TIME I take the side cases off, the goofy rubber piece falls on the ground..........anybody else?
Since I never drew Unemployment, never licked a food stamp, never spent a dollar of welfare, did my time in the military, and voted in every election since I've been old enough....I COMPLETELY REJECT THE PREMISE OF "WHITE PRIVILEGE"
upweekis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
DYNOBOB
lucky dog

Oddometer: 945
The Moose rack is really a TCI Outback rack rebranded. I used good doublestick tape to keep my rubber grommets on but noticed the other day one is missing. Doesn't matter for me since I always leave the Wolfman Expedition bags on the racks.

DYNOBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
SOS
Ignorance is a gift

Oddometer: 707
Here's a contact number

We sell these in our shop and we have had 1 customer with the same issue. I also have them on my DL1000 and while mine did not separate I can see the issue. I contacted Moose Racing to get some new bumpers for our customer and they gave me a number (714)639-4933. The tech was very helpful and my customers replacement bumpers are on their way.

They did say to leave the pin down when installing the cases until the case it against it and then pull the pin and lock the bag in. It did not seem like a 100% solution, but will work in the mean time.

I like the system other than the bumper issue though.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
upweekis OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Oh, I like them allright, just not that part. I went to Lowe's and bought some rubber grommets about the same thickness and super glued them to the top part. When I take the bags off, I stick a spring pin through the bottom pin hole. Haven't lost one since
Since I never drew Unemployment, never licked a food stamp, never spent a dollar of welfare, did my time in the military, and voted in every election since I've been old enough....I COMPLETELY REJECT THE PREMISE OF "WHITE PRIVILEGE"
upweekis is offline   Reply With Quote