User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #1
oddengineer OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
xr 600 running poorly

Hey everyone new to this forum been doing research and haven't been able to find an answer as to what could be causing thisproblem on my bike . I recently had the motor rebuilt by a shop got it started and it feels like the motor is cutting in and out tried cleaning out the carb a million times rejetted it thinking that was the issue no change. Next I checked all the electrical and everything was within spec according to the manual. However when you start the bike up you hear a ticking noise coming from the valve train area. I have a feeling that the cam chain is stretched out but would this cause the cutting in and out while at constant speed that's the only time I really notice it . Also suspect the cdi to be bad but everyone says that if the cdi is bad it would not work at all
oddengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #2
Homerb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
A bad CDI can cause lots of different symptoms. I've had hard starting, intermittent spark, cutting out and electronic advance issues. If you know your CDI is bad, replace it.

The ticking could be stretched camchain, but if the motor was rebuilt professionally I doubt they'd put a worn camchain back in. Could be a tensioner problem not keeping the camchain tight enough.
Homerb is online now   Reply With Quote