Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdennan View Post
That's what I thought
Thanks

If no one contacts me by sunday, I'll list it on ebay and Wantadigest in NY,VT
Kdennan,

I would suggest to sell as many farkles as you can separately from the bike. A pain, yes. But you'll get much more money back this way. You are probably easily over 12K into the bike by now. Do you really want to lose about five grand on a year old bike? People lose less money on cars. Plus, you can sell the farkles on the flea market right here on ADVrider.

Don't do today what you will regret tomorrow.

Good luck either way!
windowto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #2539
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowto View Post
Kdennan,

I would suggest to sell as many farkles as you can separately from the bike. A pain, yes. But you'll get much more money back this way. You are probably easily over 12K into the bike by now. Do you really want to lose about five grand on a year old bike? People lose less money on cars. Plus, you can sell the farkles on the flea market right here on ADVrider.

Don't do today what you will regret tomorrow.

Good luck either way!
Thanks
I'll give it a shot
Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #2540
LostViking
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,016
List the bike in the Flea Market,

Nice bike, right time of year.

I sold a KTM 640A a few years ago in 8 minutes.
A good description, and a few nice pictures.

It might help you avoid the E-Bay thing. Almost everybody on ADV is real and serious.

If my RS was gone I'd be all over it.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #2541
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostViking View Post
List the bike in the Flea Market,

Nice bike, right time of year.

I sold a KTM 640A a few years ago in 8 minutes.
A good description, and a few nice pictures.

It might help you avoid the E-Bay thing. Almost everybody on ADV is real and serious.

If my RS was gone I'd be all over it.
Thank you guys,
I'll sell a few things for sure. I think I'll leave the low front fender, fork guards, battery and pipe on though. I don't think I can get the mid-pipe off
I did pick up a Honda XR650 for commuting because I just can't carry on with out a bike. But anymore than that is out for a while now
Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #2542
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Thanks guys,
I'm really bummed. I know it's a minor issue and that Max will fix it, but some other things are going on right now so I gotta make some hard decisions.
I'm going to sell it with all of the stuff I did plus the wolfman bags, tank bag and gerbings heated jacket.
Any thoughts on what I should sell it for?
hey,

Im no longer on a G650GS either... but for different reasons. I went to an F800GS.

A few weeks ago I was able to get $8,000 for the bike plus some accesories/farkles went for $2,000 ( In Canada )
I still took a loss however which was expected... I have about 13500 into the bike which was only 1 year old.

Best..

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #2543
LostViking
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,016
Putting the cart before the horse, as I often do.

I'm only up to page 146 so I might have missed it. Admittedly, I got a little foggy a few times.

But, is anyone using the Wolfman RotoPax plate on the Wolfman rack system. I am going with this setup if I go. I think it offers a very versatile set-up. Allowing for different size bags, fuel, water, or just a great place to tie off firewood when needed.
Link; http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/index....ategory_id=103

And the addition of two extra gallons of fuel secured nicely behind the Rocky Mountain or Expedition bags seems a great way to have 5.7 gallons of fuel onboard. Given the bikes mileage stats that would provide a very impressive unsupported range. And only a slight chance of ending up in a firey demise.

I never cared for the mega Touratech tanks, as they are all or nothing. I don't need 17 gallons of gas to go get beer. But on the other hand having pushed a Quota over a half mile into a Montana town to get gas. I get it for long trips.

I ran out of gas twice on that trip. The Quota has a small tank to begin with. Once because a station that was supposed to be open wasn't. Thanks to the guy and his wife from Montana who stopped on their GS and allowed me to steal some gas. And once, I underestimated the effects of a constant headwind. I pushed that time, luckily it was flat. Both times it was because I was stupid really.

With this set-up, you have gas when you need it, no extra weight or bulk when you don't. Heck you could even haul heavy into camp, drop your extra gas, and travel light, fueling up upon return.

LostViking screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 01:30 PM
LostViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #2544
SwollenCranium
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
So I'm only the 2nd owner Max has heard of with this water pump oil leak issue. Fine

I just went out and started the bike and let it warm up for maybe 5 minutes tops and the header was glowing red!!!
What is going on with this bike?!!!!!

Get the issue sorted?
SwollenCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #2545
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwollenCranium View Post
Get the issue sorted?

Yeah,
I'm a dumb ass. Let it warm up too much. Talked with Tony at Max. He said no harm done at all.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #2546
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

I have the bike listed over in the flea market. Is $8,300 asking too much for everything minus my wolfman sidebags?
It is negotiable.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #2547
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 2,442
My 1 month review!

I've had the bike since April 19th. This is my first street legal bike, and my 2nd bike ever.

I can write a couple paragraphs about but I don't see the point. It's just to easy to sum this bike up in just a few words. It's fricken awesome! I'll still write a couple though..

I commute with it daily. Only about 20 miles a day, and max of 40mph speed limits. As of tonight I have 2800 miles on the odometer. Best thing about that number is, I'm averaging about 72mpg. Best tank of 77mpg, and worst of 49mpg (85mph+ for a 300 mile round trip).

I've ran down a few fire roads but I'm just not comfortable with the stock tires.. hopefully they wear out soon, but they're holding up real well :( But I can't complain about them on the road.. I can confidently corner pretty well on them.

The only mods I've done is a lithium battery and pivot-pegs. Both were definitely worth the cash!

Complaints? The stock seat effing hurts after about 250 miles.. and I mean it hurts!

My left hand guard keeps coming loose.. why? No idea.

At the end of the day, I absolutely love the bike. It's the most fun I've ever had on anything with wheels. I can assure I will own this bike till the frame rots in half, and then some.

If you're shopping for one, I hope my review helps!
DomEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #2548
alskee750
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
Quote:
I have the bike listed over in the flea market. Is $8,300 asking too much for everything minus my wolfman sidebags?
It is negotiable.
Sorry man.. hope things turn out for you. I would be interested in your DVD manual if your interested to let it go... PM if your interested.

Whoever gets the bike is getting a good deal... w/ all the farkles...
74' Kawasaki G3SS possible vintage race bike.
Soto Moto Adventures
alskee750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #2549
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alskee750 View Post
Sorry man.. hope things turn out for you. I would be interested in your DVD manual if your interested to let it go... PM if your interested.

Whoever gets the bike is getting a good deal... w/ all the farkles...
Thanks,
I'll think it over. Up all night thinking about selling the 650. Just struggling with family things. It's such a nice bike, but more than I need right now. I think this thing is made for travel and I really can't leave my area code right now.
Ooh, I almost forgot. I have a brand new Cycle Pump with the BMW socket. I paid $100. Anyone can make an offer
Thanks again dudes
Old 05-25-2013, 05:06 AM   #2550
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 921
Couple of notes from my first oil change

Got around to doing the first oil change on the bike yesterday at 525 miles. A couple observations:

The magnetic oil plug had so many metal filing I tHought the tip of the plug was longer than it actually was.

The filter was one of the dirtiest I have seen.

Based on the above it might be a good idea to change the oil and filter sooner, like maybe at 300. For background, I did not baby the bike during break-in, but also did not abuse it, and i did stick to the 5k rpm limit and only had a few 10 minute highway stints while a commuting a couple times.

The whole part of the instructions about unbolting the upper oil tank is unnecessary. The tank will drain just fine on the side stand once you pull the upper drain plug, and you can take the bike off the side stand and tip it further if you want.

The oil filter change has a couple extra steps of removing other parts out of the way and is nestled further back in there than any other bike I have had. Getting the official BMW drain guide thing might be worth it, as it got quite messy.

The bike really does take the full 2.3L of oil. I put a little more than 1.7 L in, idled the bike for 30 seconds like the manual said and put the remaining 0.6 in. Still needed a touch more after doing an official oil check.

Next time it will go a lot quicker, but I have to say a strike against this bike is the oil change process. Fortunately it will probably only need to be done 1-2 times per year at this rate.

'12 Tenere, '04 Tiger, '09 WRR, '06 DRZ, '06 TW, '01 250 EXC, '09 KLR

Gundy screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 05:12 AM
Gundy is offline   Reply With Quote