Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #1771
rambis
Ramblin' on

Oddometer: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
My buddy debated... His wife said "Go to both." But he's putting his eggs in the NC Bowl basket.
I'm a Georgia season ticket holder and [barely]qualified for SECC game tickets. I doubt I will for the NC, should we make it this year, but that's why I opened a Georgia Bulldawg NC savings account over a decade ago. Worst case scenario...Georgia never goes in my lifetime and I have another contribution to my retirement.

A friend says hell sell his SEC tickets and use that towards going to Miami if he can get $500 each for $100 tickets. I don't think he'll have a problem considering the seats he has. I can't do that. This is the biggest game since the '80 NC and I've been to a few.

Georgia football games are the only recreational activity that trump riding. It's also the only time I can guarantee that my dad and I will get along and I can't put a price on that.
rambis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #1772
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,103
Looks like everyone is hopping on the Alabama band-wagon

ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #1773
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambis View Post
I'm a Georgia season ticket holder and [barely]qualified for SECC game tickets. I doubt I will for the NC, should we make it this year, but that's why I opened a Georgia Bulldawg NC savings account over a decade ago. Worst case scenario...Georgia never goes in my lifetime and I have another contribution to my retirement.
That sounds like a pretty smart plan for a GA guy.

Just kidding my friend. I've been to exactly one Auburn game since 1992 and that was the NC game that was literally in our backyard. I hadn't planned to go but a vendor invited me to attend. Actually, we're pretty good about funneling ticket offers like this to someone on our team who is a graduate of one of the universities involved so the planets were aligned for me in this one instance. The vendor's employees were two Oregon grads (husband and wife) so apparently they did essentially the same thing. No knock on them - very nice people.

It's not to be missed if the planets line up for you so good luck.

k7 screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 09:32 AM
k7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #1774
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Kurt View Post
You'll have to forgive Doc. He drinks a bit.
Drinking has nothing to do with it. Back in the 90s, Mickey Andrews, the FSU defensive coordinator trained his dogs to hit up to the 'echo' of the whistle. He was a dirty MF and they beat the shit out of Danny Weurffel in numerous games. Most beautiful win in UF history, bar none, was the Sugar Bowl win over FSU that in the end won us our first national championship. It came two games after we lost to FSU and was sweet revenge. The hate between UF and FSU is pretty strong for the average fan...I'm a big Weurffel fan, so I hate them more than most.
Now, it's mostly eye-roll material when Jimbo Fisher and Danny Kanell complain about not getting enough respect...WTF do you expect when you lose to NC State? SEC vs ACC 4-0 this weekend...'nuff said...
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #1775
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Looks like everyone is hopping on the Alabama band-wagon

Didn't they lose a game?

Who was it to?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #1776
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Didn't they lose a game?

Who was it to?

I'm no Bama fan but the way I see it, they lost to aTm, who lost to UF, who lost to UGA, who lost to USCe, who lost to LSU, who lost to Bama.....and it keeps going around. aTm still has two losses so they have no claim to greatness on that group. UF actually has by far the best record, but picked the wrong team to lose to,,,that's just the way it goes sometimes.

DocWells - remember that 1996 FSU game, terrible. As I recall SOS put together a hit real showing all of the late and near-late hits on Wuerfel that weren't called. They started calling them in the rematch and we smoked 'em.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #1777
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,049
Quote:
I'm no Bama fan but the way I see it, they lost to aTm, who lost to UF, who lost to UGA, who lost to USCe, who lost to LSU, who lost to Bama.....and it keeps going around. aTm still has two losses so they have no claim to greatness on that group. UF actually has by far the best record, but picked the wrong team to lose to,,,that's just the way it goes sometimes.

DocWells - remember that 1996 FSU game, terrible. As I recall SOS put together a hit real showing all of the late and near-late hits on Wuerfel that weren't called. They started calling them in the rematch and we smoked 'em.
The first game was terrible...the second one...not so much...

Cheers to a great overachieving season...
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #1778
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
Cheers to a great overachieving season...

I think this could be the strongest year ever for the SEC.

NativeSon screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 03:47 PM
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #1779
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Quote:

A&M is in their first year of a totally new system, new coaches, new conference and a freshman qb. Right now, at this point I doubt there's a better team in the country.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #1780
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
A&M is in their first year of a totally new system, new coaches, new conference and a freshman qb. Right now, at this point I doubt there's a better team in the country.
I'm not saying they're one of the more hot teams in the league, but I think you're predicating a lot of their success on one game. Lets see how they do in their bowl before we appoint them the next powerhouse.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #1781
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Definitely in the top ten and top 6 of the SEC.... that's pretty good.

I hope to watch y'all play UTw in the Cotton Bowl and have your crazy fans do the SECSECSEC chant after completely dominating them....it will be the loudest, most obnoxious display of the season.

I hope Manziel winds the Heisman as well and doesn't have his age held against him.

The MAC CCG looks pretty good this year, but all of the others are complete garbage. B1G and PAC are both replays from last week and the ACC are both dogs.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #1782
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I hope to watch y'all play UTw in the Cotton Bowl and have your crazy fans do the SECSECSEC chant after completely dominating them....it will be the loudest, most obnoxious display of the season.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #1783
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Quote:
Definitely in the top ten and top 6 of the SEC.... that's pretty good.

I hope Manziel winds the Heisman as well and doesn't have his age held against him.

The MAC CCG looks pretty good this year, but all of the others are complete garbage. B1G and PAC are both replays from last week and the ACC are both dogs.
We are talking Aggies here, so obnoxious goes without saying.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #1784
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,662
Quote:

+1. The boy's got game.

FWIW, at first glance, I don't see ND beating either Alabama or UGA.
k7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #1785
Linzi
Crazy Plott Lady

Oddometer: 15,429
Quote:
We are talking Aggies here, so obnoxious goes without saying.
"Gig 'em Aggies" is actually written in the concrete outside of Neyland. I noticed it the other day. I don't know how long it's been there, but that concrete is at least a few years old, so it was done before they joined the SEC.
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: