Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 03:58 AM   #2086
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
I give credit to Louisville & Charlie Strong. They came to win.
Amen. Watching that steaming pile of shit game, I was really surprised it ended up as close as it did. Those players should be ashamed of that performance. Damnit, that is not how I want to go through the off-season. If this is an indication of the quality of the SEC, what do the bowls say about the once mighty Big Ten?
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #2087
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\

Oddometer: 1,539
Hey, Northwestern was good this year. They beat Vanderbilt earlier in the season making them 2-0 against the SEC this year. Mad props.

Louisville and Clemson brought their A game and played better than their SEC opponents. No question.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #2088
Linzi
Crazy Plott Lady

Oddometer: 15,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
Amen. Watching that steaming pile of shit game, I was really surprised it ended up as close as it did. Those players should be ashamed of that performance.
More embarrassing than the performance, even, was the behavior. One with his finger in a ref's face, one punching a Louisville player in the face mask, getting ejected from the game... How many yards were given up on penalty after penalty? What the Hell? Where is the discipline? I can understand being frustrated, but don't show your ass. Play better football.

I maintain Muschamp's doucherty. He should have put a quick end to that. The Gators looked like a bunch of spoiled, undisciplined little shits. Shameful.
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #2089
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
More embarrassing than the performance, even, was the behavior. One with his finger in a ref's face, one punching a Louisville player in the face mask, getting ejected from the game... How many yards were given up on penalty after penalty? What the Hell? Where is the discipline? I can understand being frustrated, but don't show your ass. Play better football.

I maintain Muschamp's doucherty. He should have put a quick end to that. The Gators looked like a bunch of spoiled, undisciplined little shits. Shameful.
Agreed about the behavior. I've noticed it a lot during the regular season too, and I hope it's not encouraged. I don't know with Muschamp's over the top personality, it could be intentional. I don't mind a bit of getting in the opponent's face if your winning, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine when players preen around when they're behind. Just play the game and STFU...I've noticed it especially in Elam which is a disappointment as he's one of the best players we have on the team. Damnit I'm getting all worked up over this shit...
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #2090
Linzi
Crazy Plott Lady

It's hard to convince players to act with any class and disciplined focus when the head coach is blowing his top in a ref's face. Football nerd or not, Mischamp just seems to lack control. He sure as Hell didn't have any last night.

It was embarrassing.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #2091
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
Agreed about the behavior. I've noticed it a lot during the regular season too, and I hope it's not encouraged. I don't know with Muschamp's over the top personality, it could be intentional. I don't mind a bit of getting in the opponent's face if your winning, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine when players preen around when they're behind. Just play the game and STFU...I've noticed it especially in Elam which is a disappointment as he's one of the best players we have on the team. Damnit I'm getting all worked up over this shit...
I hope me commenting wont rub you the wrong way but...

I noticed the same thing. Florida looked very undisciplined. Lot's of personal fouls. As a UGA fan, I know it when I see it. At one point I thought Muschamp was going to punch one of the refs. His rage seems out of control sometimes. It can't be a good influence on the players.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #2092
Linzi
Crazy Plott Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post

I noticed the same thing. Florida looked very undisciplined. Lot's of personal fouls. As a UGA fan, I know it when I see it. At one point I thought Muschamp was going to punch one of the refs. His rage seems out of control sometimes. It can't be a good influence on the players.
Yup.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #2093
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,661
Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out how that team beat the Ags.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #2094
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how that team beat the Ags.
In my opinion Florida was lucky to play the A&M in the 2nd week of the season which happened to be the Aggies 1st game. Had Johnny Football been able to play a warm-up game like UF did he might have led the Aggies to victory that week too.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #2095
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
And to think I was going to start an "SEC excuse" thread a few days ago.

But I figured "oh that means the SEC will perform."
Jurgen, have you noticed that when we post the obvious "The Emperor Has No Clothes" post, we get little to no response from the SEC devotees? Why is that?
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #2096
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,443
Quote:
Louisville and Clemson brought their A game and played better than their SEC opponents. No question.
yes they did

Louisville played a great game!!

and LSU come on
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #2097
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
In my opinion Florida was lucky to play the A&M in the 2nd week of the season which happened to be the Aggies 1st game. Had Johnny Football been able to play a warm-up game like UF did he might have led the Aggies to victory that week too.
I had the same thoughts at the time. Look, I predict that TA&M will come to dominate the SEC within 2 years and maybe even next season. They have a defense that can hang with any in the SEC, and unlike other SEC teams, they have an offense that ranks among the best.

What they did in their first year in the SEC, with a new coach and a freshman QB is remarkable. If they didn't send shivers through the SEC elites, they weren't paying attention.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #2098
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzi View Post

I agree wit this. There are a lot of good things about Muschamp's personality as a football coach, but his temper and lack of discipline by his players is something that needs to be addressed quickly, if he is going to keep his job and lead the program to . I still don't see how "douche" applies to his personality..."asshole" or "brat" seem to be better descriptions.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #2099
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
I had the same thoughts at the time. Look, I predict that TA&M will come to dominate the SEC within 2 years and maybe even next season. They have a defense that can hang with any in the SEC, and unlike other SEC teams, they have an offense that ranks among the best.

What they did in their first year in the SEC, with a new coach and a freshman QB is remarkable. If they didn't send shivers through the SEC elites, they weren't paying attention.
A&M lost to 2 out of the 3 "quality" opponents that they faced this year...both at home. They had a good season, but nothing spectacular. Let's see how things shake out next year before we get all excited.

Bowl games are quirky. It's fun to get the bragging rights and poke fun, but I'm not sure what they really tell you about the upcoming year. It probably doesn't help SEC teams when every announcer and commentator keeps calling it he nation's toughest conference and declares that any opponent to beat an SEC team has just had the "greatest victory in program history". Motivation plays a big factor in college football.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #2100
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post

Not to take anything away from A&M or Johnny Football but I think the SEC West teams will play the Aggies a little different the following seasons. They'll be better prepared and better game-planned to stop Manziel.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: