Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #2101
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
I agree wit this. There are a lot of good things about Muschamp's personality as a football coach, but his temper and lack of discipline by his players is something that needs to be addressed quickly, if he is going to keep his job and lead the program to . I still don't see how "douche" applies to his personality..."asshole" or "brat" seem to be better descriptions.
From the Urban Dictionary:
Quote:
1. douchebag
The term "douchebag" generally refers to a male with a certain combination of obnoxious characteristics related to attitude, social ineptitude, public behavior, or outward presentation.

Though the common douchebag thinks he is accepted by the people around him, most of his peers dislike him. He has an inflated sense of self-worth, compounded by a lack of social grace and self-awareness. He behaves inappropriately in public, yet is completely ignorant to how pathetic he appears to others.
You need more?
Bubwheat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #2102
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
I had the same thoughts at the time. Look, I predict that TA&M will come to dominate the SEC within 2 years and maybe even next season. They have a defense that can hang with any in the SEC, and unlike other SEC teams, they have an offense that ranks among the best.

What they did in their first year in the SEC, with a new coach and a freshman QB is remarkable. If they didn't send shivers through the SEC elites, they weren't paying attention.
Oh please, one great season is hardly a measuring stick to make a determination of what's to come. They do have a great team, but losing some good talent especially off that OL. The Ag's do seem to have the right formula in building a strong defense, and for at least next year they have a super stud QB in Johnny Football, but those only come along every so often. Just ask Allbarn. As a Hog fan, I'm not all that concerned about them considering we have a 41-25-3 record against em when they had coaches like RC Slocum, Gene Stallings and oh yeah, Bear Bryant.

Until the Ag's can beat out the Lamewhorns and OU for the best players in TX, they will not dominate the SEC Weest, much less the SEC.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #2103
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,009
Quote:
From the Urban Dictionary: You need more?

Yes. I don't see how that fits common usage....but then again, I'm sure that you know more about being a douche than I do.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #2104
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Oh please, one great season is hardly a measuring stick to make a determination of what's to come. They do have a great team, but losing some good talent especially off that OL. The Ag's do seem to have the right formula in building a strong defense, and for at least next year they have a super stud QB in Johnny Football, but those only come along every so often. Just ask Allbarn. As a Hog fan, I'm not all that concerned about them considering we have a 41-25-3 record against em when they had coaches like RC Slocum, Gene Stallings and oh yeah, Bear Bryant.

Until the Ag's can beat out the Lamewhorns and OU for the best players in TX, they will not dominate the SEC Weest, much less the SEC.
Oh! ye of little faith. One of the first truisms I ever learned was "time will tell, and shit will smell."

But when TA&M comes to dominate the SEC, you tell'em that you knew that a long time ago, Bubwheat told me.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #2105
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer: 687
Quote:
....and makes the whole Boise State thing seem gimmicky and minor league.

IMHO anyway.
Hey - we will take what we can get. A gimmick - sure but its worked pretty well. When we travel everyone asks about the blue - especially on the east coast. Agreed - blue on blue is hard TY watching but much different live - an aquired taste.

Can't argue about the 2000's. 112-17 or a .868 winning percentage - believe that topped the nation fella's.

Here is a pic of the wifey after a local road race - the turf color doesn't matter.

We'll never be a "top" tier team but its been a pretty fun run. I like the chance to root for a bracket buster.
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #2106
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Presented without comment.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #2107
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes. I don't see how that fits common usage....but then again, I'm sure that you know more about being a douche than I do.
Well, I certainly know more about Bowl Pick'ems than you do.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #2108
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Well, I certainly know more about Bowl Pick'ems than you do.
Well, you do have that going for you....this year.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #2109
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Oh! ye of little faith. One of the first truisms I ever learned was "time will tell, and shit will smell."

But when TA&M comes to dominate the SEC, you tell'em that you knew that a long time ago, Bubwheat told me.
Tell you what, in 16 years if they've evened up our record, I'll agree with ya.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #2110
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Tell you what, in 16 years if they've evened up our record, I'll agree with ya.
Lad, back away from the kool-aid...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #2111
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 38,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
More embarrassing than the performance, even, was the behavior. One with his finger in a ref's face, one punching a Louisville player in the face mask, getting ejected from the game... How many yards were given up on penalty after penalty? What the Hell? Where is the discipline? I can understand being frustrated, but don't show your ass. Play better football.

I maintain Muschamp's doucherty. He should have put a quick end to that. The Gators looked like a bunch of spoiled, undisciplined little shits. Shameful.
That was my thought exactly, glad you said it.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #2112
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o_snow View Post
Hey - we will take what we can get. A gimmick - sure but its worked pretty well. When we travel everyone asks about the blue - especially on the east coast. Agreed - blue on blue is hard TY watching but much different live - an aquired taste.

Can't argue about the 2000's. 112-17 or a .868 winning percentage - believe that topped the nation fella's.

Here is a pic of the wifey after a local road race - the turf color doesn't matter.

We'll never be a "top" tier team but its been a pretty fun run. I like the chance to root for a bracket buster.
Was that field a corporate donation thing? I can't believe anyone would buy that, but accepting as a gift, maybe, I mean you wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #2113
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,042

They're not ALL douchebags.

Now would be a constructive time to crawl down off of bullshit mountain.
--Grainbelt
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #2114
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Lad, back away from the kool-aid...
KTM orange Kool-aid baby, KTM orange!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #2115
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

If you ever catch me wearing a sun visor indoors, at night.....feel free to slap me silly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: