Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #556
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post
Hopefully not too many stupid unsportsman like penalties and crap.

Give it a few years.

NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #557
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots Magoon View Post
Mizzou 38 UGA 24. I'm not buying the Georgia hype.
You're hanging on that limb for all it's worth.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #558
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post

UNM has already won as many games in 2012 as it did in 2011, 2010 and 2009. Beat up on poor Southern. Hopefully things are looking up here in ABQ.
I think they scored more points in that game then those years as well right?

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #559
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
Give it a few years.
I like to think we've got most of that out of our system. UGA has purged a few bad apples from the team in the last couple years. One of the reasons we only have 70 something scholarship athletes.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #560
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I think they scored more points in that game then those years as well right?

Probably. Funny thing is, Davie is a defense minded coach and the now unlamented, departed Locksley had said "we'll need to add another digit to the scoreboard."

But this week for UNM-- Texas.

Could be ugly.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #561
bergermeister
housin'

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Probably. Funny thing is, Davie is a defense minded coach and the now unlamented, departed Locksley had said "we'll need to add another digit to the scoreboard."

But this week for UNM-- Texas.

Could be ugly.
UNM is in a fun conference. I always look to see who gets Fresno St. in a random bowl game.

How is Nevada supposed to be this year? I noticed they took down Cal last weekend. They've always had a strong run game.
bergermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #562
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

I'm starting to get nervous about the UF-TAMU game. It just occurred to me that emotions are going to be riding high in college station. First game of the season for them, first game in the SEC, first game under a new coach. The crowd is going to be lit up. I think the Aggies have had this game circled since the schedule came out, and have been watching tape of Muschamps Texas D and Pease's Boise Offense for months now. If Aggie fans are anything like the other fans in the SEC, right now they feel like they're going to explode with exuberance and joy because it's the beginning of the next era in College Station. Ever since watching a lame duck Ron Zook being carried off Bobby Bowden Field after beating FSU I've learned that talent and preparation can sometimes be no match for pure emotion and adrenaline.

Regarding the Gators, I think the play calling was conservative for the Bowling Green game, but even still our defense (who was lauded to be the best in the nation) looked pedestrian. We finally know who the starting QB is, but it sounds like everybody around the program is still skeptical. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions (which you all know is extremely difficult for me), but I think this is going to be a decent litmus test for the rest of the season.

If we lose this game, I think I might be joining Lindsay's "Muchamp must go" club.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #563
bergermeister
housin'

Quote:
I'm starting to get nervous about the UF-TAMU game. It just occurred to me that emotions are going to be riding high in college station. First game of the season for them, first game in the SEC, first game under a new coach. The crowd is going to be lit up. I think the Aggies have had this game circled since the schedule came out, and have been watching tape of Muschamps Texas D and Pease's Boise Offense for months now. If Aggie fans are anything like the other fans in the SEC, right now they feel like they're going to explode with exuberance and joy because it's the beginning of the next era in College Station. Ever since watching a lame duck Ron Zook being carried off Bobby Bowden Field after beating FSU I've learned that talent and preparation can sometimes be no match for pure emotion and adrenaline.

Regarding the Gators, I think the play calling was conservative for the Bowling Green game, but even still our defense (who was lauded to be the best in the nation) looked pedestrian. We finally know who the starting QB is, but it sounds like everybody around the program is still skeptical. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions (which you all know is extremely difficult for me), but I think this is going to be a decent litmus test for the rest of the season.

If we lose this game, I think I might be joining Lindsay's "Muchamp must go" club.
so, in other words, your confidence in the mighty Gators of the SEC has been grounded after Bowling Green gave you all you could handle.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #564
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,445
Quote:

You should be nervous. TAMU despite having a brand new coach, having their first game hurricaned out, and Florida being ranked in the Top 25, is still the "bookies" favorite by 1.5 points.

If they lose this game, I see the very real possibility of them losing 4 or possibly 5 more games this season. Just sayin'
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #565
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Yeah, you should be nervous. I think TAMU not playing in week one is a benefit to Florida. Otherwise, the advantage is all A&M as far as I can tell. It's gonna be a very big, very important game for both teams.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #566
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergermeister View Post
so, in other words, your confidence in the mighty Gators of the SEC has been grounded after Bowling Green gave you all you could handle.
Not exactly. The amount of confidence I have in the Gators is about the same. It's my feelings on the opponent that are changing.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #567
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
You should be nervous. TAMU despite having a brand new coach, having their first game hurricaned out, and Florida being ranked in the Top 25, is still the "bookies" favorite by 1.5 points.

If they lose this game, I see the very real possibility of them losing 4 or possibly 5 more games this season. Just sayin'
then i guess the gators are going to have to win this game.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #568
bergermeister
housin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
That happened PDQ....
you didn't cover
Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #569
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

not bad-

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/05/n...ign/#continued

(didn't feel like embedding them all. go to the link)
Old 09-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #570
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

NativeSon I found you a bargain on ebay. How fast can you get to Brunswick, Ga?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: