Wuttadouche.
http://www.firewillmuschamp.com/

Its available...just sayin'
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #603
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,625

Say a prayer for Devon Walker of Tulane. Fractured his neck, had onfield CPR, now in Tulsa Hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAToday
Tulane safety Devon Walker was seriously hurt Saturday in a head-to-head collision with a teammate during a game with Tulsa.
The Tulsa World reported that medical personnel took senior Devon Walker's shoulder pads and helmet off and appeared to give him CPR because he stopped breathing. Walker, a 6-1 three-year letterman, started breathing again. He was carted off the field and put into an ambulance, and Tulane's athletics director got in the ambulance with him.

According to John Moss of KTUL-TV in Tulsa, a Tulsa trainer told him, "Walker suffered a broken neck and collapsed lung. He had to be revived on field, and a tracheotomy was performed."

Walker was transported to St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa, and his injury was classified as serious. Tulane reported through the football team's official Twitter account that Walker was in stable condition, citing an unnamed team doctor.

Walker's brother, Raynard, told The Associated Press that their mother was watching the game on television when her son was injured. The family was waiting for an update on Walker's condition, he said.

"We haven't heard much at all," he added. "We're still kind of in the dark right now."

Tulsa was leading 35-3 and facing a fourth-and-2 with the ball at the 33-yard line when the Golden Hurricane called timeout. Tulane then called timeout.

When play resumed, Tulsa quarterback Cody Green tossed a short pass to Willie Carter, who caught it at about the 28, and turned upfield. He was tackled around the 18-yard line, with defensive tackle Julius Warmsley and Walker sandwiching him and apparently smashing the crowns of their helmets into each other.

Medical personnel from both teams came out at about 1:37 p.m. ET to attend to Walker as he lay on the field. Fox Sports reported that Walker stopped breathing as emergency medical workers were removing his jersey and shoulder pads.

He was lifted onto a stretcher at about 1:52 p.m. and loaded into a waiting ambulance about two minutes later. The ambulance drove off the field at about 2 p.m.

At midfield of H.A. Chapman Stadium in Tulsa, University of Tulsa chaplain Jeff Francis took the public-address microphone and said a prayer for Walker as the crowd bowed their heads in silence.

The game resumed at 2:20 p.m.

Walker is a senior majoring in cell and molecular biology.

Tulane head coach Curtis Johnson told a Fox Sports sideline TV reporter after the 45-10 loss that he hadn't received an update on Walker's condition but that the injury had devastated his team.

"He's one of us, and he's a good kid," Johnson said.

Fox Sports sideline reporter Desmond Purnell said of the incident:

"A very, very tragic situation.

"I was only standing a few feet away from Devon when the medical staff was working on him, and actually at one point when they were taking off his jersey and taking off his shoulder pads, he stopped responding. He actually stopped breathing. They began to administer CPR to him. They gave him a few IVs, and he was able to start breathing again, so that was some relief.

"I got a chance to talk to (Tulane coach) Curtis Johnson coming off the field, and obviously, he was very choked up. He didn't have a lot to say, but he did tell me that Devon was breathing again and he is stable. So, some good news. We will continue to pray and keep Devon in our thoughts and prayers."
Woke up, checked the score and found this. My Brother, SiL, Aunt and Cousin were going to be there. I am sure it is a rough day for Tulane Football.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #604
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,103
Gators are fortunate to be only down by 7. aTm's QB has been fantastic.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #605
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post

Say a prayer for Devon Walker of Tulane. Fractured his neck, had onfield CPR, now in Tulsa Hospital.

Woke up, checked the score and found this. My Brother, SiL, Aunt and Cousin were going to be there. I am sure it is a rough day for Tulane Football.
Bad news...best wishes to the young man.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #606
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by newson6.com
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Tulsa Golden Hurricane stormed out of the gate Saturday, running Tulane right out of the stadium in a 45-10 blowout win.
But there are some things that are bigger than a football game.

When Tulane's Devon Walker went down on the final play of the first half, the outcome of the game immediately took a back seat to the health of the Green Wave's senior safety. While attempting to make a tackle, Walker collided with a teammate and went down in a heap.

Walker was transported to Tulsa's St. Francis Hospital and was listed in serious condition. The Fox Sports broadcast team reported that at one point, Walker stopped breathing and was given CPR. A Tulane trainer told sources at the game that Walker suffered a broken neck and collapsed lung.

Following the injury to Walker, the rest of the contest looked more like spring practice than a conference game. Following a stadium-wide halftime prayer, the Tulane players returned to the field to a standing ovation from the Hurricane crowd.

As far as the game itself, let me start by encouraging you to completely ignore the entire second half. The energy was sucked out of the stadium and both teams spent the second half going through the motions. (which is completely understandable)

Besides, Tulsa put on enough of a show in the first half to give everyone an idea of just how good this team can be.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #607
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post

That's crazy. I don't see how the other players could keep going after seeing that. I hope he get's through this alright. Wow...

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #608
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Gators are fortunate to be only down by 7. aTm's QB has been fantastic.
Agreed. I'm impressed with A&M. Florida is playing better than last week so far but TAMU looks like the better team. Florida looks sloppy still. What is Muschamp doing down in Gainesville? They look rough.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #609
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post
Agreed. I'm impressed with A&M. Florida is playing better than last week so far but TAMU looks like the better team. Florida looks sloppy still. What is Muschamp doing down in Gainesville? They look rough.
yup. Time to drink......
Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #610
Crocodile Tears
The 906

Oddometer: 3,468
sooooo.....

go falcons! AFA looking strong

2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #611
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
Words. Rage. Can't express. Angry. So angry.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #612
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Gators are making a game of it now. Could be an exciting finish.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #613
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Looking at other scores....Damn! Is the B1G(?) the weakest conference in America this year? Looks like it.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #614
Linzi
Crazy Plott Lady

Oddometer: 15,429
A game of it, my arse. Win or lose, Florida should be ashamed. (And Muschamp fired, naturally.)
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #615
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
Go AFA.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: