Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #856
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
When he shows that he can do it consistently is the time to anoint him. Not before.

Sabin and Meyer deserve the accolades as great college coaches.

Kiffin doesn't.

Right now he's an USC QB in the NFL. Much hype, little performance.
Agreed, but it goes with the USC territory. They are huge. Everything about the program is huge. I only wish Syracuse could get half that talent without trying.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #857
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Well that is not entirely true.....with a little more patience, he may have proved to be a great coach for Big Al. The Raiders were suck and that had nothing to do with him, it was on his plate. Granted his old man is a genius in his own right, but I do not think the apple is too far off. I was one of the few who liked Pete Carroll at the Pat's, he does have a good eye for talent. Coach K will be a star at USC and then be back in the NFL and do well. I do not think he did right by the Volunteers, but it is USC and it was his dream job before Big Al lured him away from the job he was being groomed for. The timing of being fired and Pete moving on were just unfortunate. I can understand why he did what he did, whether I agree it was right or not. USC will be making a lot of noise in the future. I can also understand not forgiving him for this grievance on some peoples part. He is not to be underestimated though on having his own football talent.

How about we start by not calling him coach K? That's a sacred nomenclature bestowed on one man only. It's like calling Maroon 5 the Beatles.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #858
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post

How about we start by not calling him coach K? That's a sacred nomenclature bestowed on one man only. It's like calling Maroon 5 the Beatles.
I thought you didn't watch basketball...........
Old 09-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #859
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I thought you didn't watch basketball...........
I used to do basketball threads too. Couldn't keep people interested for long enough though. Thanks to SEC supremacists, this thread has a longer life span.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520324
Old 09-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #860
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
When he shows that he can do it consistently is the time to anoint him. Not before.

Sabin and Meyer deserve the accolades as great college coaches.

Kiffin doesn't.

Right now he's an USC QB in the NFL. Much hype, little performance.
USC has Talent but lacks DEPTH. Part of that is the sanctions as intended to deprive them of depth.

The key to the game was the loss of their center (Kahlid Holmes) and the line could not hold the Cardinal defense for 4 quarters. Stanford knew this and exploited it. Bull rushed and USC got an old fashioned beating.
If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #861
bergermeister
housin'

Oddometer: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
USC has Talent but lacks DEPTH. Part of that is the sanctions as intended to deprive them of depth.

The key to the game was the loss of their center (Kahlid Holmes) and the line could not hold the Cardinal defense for 4 quarters. Stanford knew this and exploited it. Bull rushed and USC got an old fashioned beating.
I agree that the backup center sucked and got manhandled, but I disagree about the sanctions being any factor.

"The administration might have decided to file an appeal for the same reason that anyone files an appeal -- to look for relief. But USC also filed an appeal to game the system. By delaying the scholarship penalties until the appeal had been heard -- and denied -- the Trojans could sign a full class of recruits in February 2011. In fact, because several players enrolled in January, the Trojans signed 31 players, well over the limit of 25. (Early enrollees may be assigned to the previous year's allotment.)

"By effectively delaying the scholarship limits, USC set up the 2012 season as the eye of its storm. The Trojans have more experience and more players this season as they return to championship eligibility. Those assets are likely to diminish over the next two seasons as the scholarship reductions exact a greater toll."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...bers-add-title

it has also been reported by USC players that they took Stanford lightly coming into the game.
bergermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #862
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergermeister View Post
I agree that the backup center sucked and got manhandled, but I disagree about the sanctions being any factor.

"The administration might have decided to file an appeal for the same reason that anyone files an appeal -- to look for relief. But USC also filed an appeal to game the system. By delaying the scholarship penalties until the appeal had been heard -- and denied -- the Trojans could sign a full class of recruits in February 2011. In fact, because several players enrolled in January, the Trojans signed 31 players, well over the limit of 25. (Early enrollees may be assigned to the previous year's allotment.)

"By effectively delaying the scholarship limits, USC set up the 2012 season as the eye of its storm. The Trojans have more experience and more players this season as they return to championship eligibility. Those assets are likely to diminish over the next two seasons as the scholarship reductions exact a greater toll."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...bers-add-title

it has also been reported by USC players that they took Stanford lightly coming into the game.
So, what you're trying to say is that there's nothing over the next several years to keep the SEC from total world domination?

On a serious note, I'm not sure USC is done. They could still be a one loss team from a bcs conference at the end of the season.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #863
bergermeister
housin'

Oddometer: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
So, what you're trying to say is that there's nothing over the next several years to keep the SEC from total world domination?

On a serious note, I'm not sure USC is done. They could still be a one loss team from a bcs conference at the end of the season.
to address both of your comments, I will say that there's always Oregon:

Oregon Football: Ducks Recruit Rushes for 643 Yards, 10 TDs in Friday Night Game

I had to read that a few times until it sunk in that he put up those numbers in one game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...day-night-game
bergermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #864
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergermeister View Post
to address both of your comments, I will say that there's always Oregon:

Oregon Football: Ducks Recruit Rushes for 643 Yards, 10 TDs in Friday Night Game

I had to read that a few times until it sunk in that he put up those numbers in one game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...day-night-game
I hate to say this, but I really don't want to see a team that already had their chance at the NC and lost it (even if it was closer than a lot of the other SEC NC games).
Old 09-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #865
The_Commander
The Man.

Oddometer: 6,089
Quote:
Against 'Bama? The curse of Broadway Joe will visit you.
Against the farmers from Florida.
The_Commander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #866
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,206
Can anyone explain what exactly is happening here? What is the marine upset about? I can't stop watching it.

ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #867
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Can anyone explain what exactly is happening here? What is the marine upset about? I can't stop watching it.

Don't know what happened but the reaction looks like he's responding to disrespect..Watch the trooper he's laughing
If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #868
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,895
Goodwin saluted the Marine. Marine said fuck you. You have to earn the right to salute. Thats all.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #869
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
Goodwin saluted the Marine. Marine said fuck you. You have to earn the right to salute. Thats all.
Respect is earned. Good lesson.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #870
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer: 711
Well, enough of this SEC/Oregon/USC twitter.

Boise State/BYU Thursday on the blue. The BSU line play will determine our season.

Had hoped that the Spartans would be world beaters.
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: