Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #106
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
Southern Miss needs some fresh meat.
They've gummed up all the stale roast beef in the neighborhood?

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:51 AM   #107
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
The problem is really that there is no solution. The more changes we make, the worse it gets. CFB has been making very short sighted decisions and have not looked at the big picture for years...and look where we are now.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #108
oj may
Have bike, will travel.

Oddometer: 2,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Feel for the guys from Hawaii when they go to play Marshall.
Yah, I have been searching for years to find a reason to feel sorry for those 'stuck' in Hawaii,,,,,,, I guess this will do.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #109
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,662
Auburn's homecoming patsy?

Yeah....

Nov. 3.............. NEW MEXICO STATE (HC)

k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #110
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Big get today for the gators. 5 star RB kelvin Taylor out of the glades committed to UF. You might have heard of his dad, Fred taylor. The kid is promising.

Go gators.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #111
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Leach appeal denied
Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #112
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
Leach appeal denied
Which he is going to appeal. But, IMHO, he ought to just move on, his current contract is pretty sweet, and pretty much all of the PNW is glad he's at WSU. He still has a great many supporters at TT, all of them just wishing for TT to be as good as it was when he was there. He turned out the winner, time to move on.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #113
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Big get today for the gators. 5 star RB kelvin Taylor out of the glades committed to UF. You might have heard of his dad, Fred taylor. The kid is promising.

Go gators.
Didn't you write the Gators off and become an FAU fan?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #114
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
Didn't you write the Gators off and become an FAU fan?
I did. Unfortunately, do you know how slow the news cycle is for FAU?

http://bleacherreport.com/florida-at...ootball/stream
Old 02-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #115
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,049
Quote:

Go gators.
Damn, that one got by me. I've been wondering if he would come to UF since he started as a Freshman. It will be nice to have a big, strong feature back again! Don't get me wrong, I love watching Demps and Rainey when they get loose, but they weren't built to take a beating. Just having Taylor this early should do great things for this upcoming class...Yee-haw!!!
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #116
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
Damn, that one got by me. I've been wondering if he would come to UF since he started as a Freshman. It will be nice to have a big, strong feature back again! Don't get me wrong, I love watching Demps and Rainey when they get loose, but they weren't built to take a beating. Just having Taylor this early should do great things for this upcoming class...Yee-haw!!!
I think Florida and Texas A&M are both unknowns, with new coaches and coordinators and rebuilding efforts. They play each other on Sept. 9, and that game ought to sort out a lot of expectations for both teams! If I had to make book on that game, I'd have no idea who to favor!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #117
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
I have to admit, you were right when you said it was too early to be judging Muschamp. Three things have happened since the end of the season that make me think something might be brewing in Florida. Dan Quinn turned down the DC position in Tampa, Brent Pease chose Florida over Alabama, and Kelvin Taylor signs with Florida. I was a little disappointed with Muschamps ability to close the deal with these kids at the last minute, but I think Muschamp at least has the ball rolling. I'm still cautiously optimistic though because we seem to be following the same trend that FSU has fallen into since Bowden retired. As good as our recruiting was this year, these 5 star kids that are committing right now actually apply towards our 2012 signing class, not 2013 because they're planning on enrolling early. although they won't see the field, we technically could still sign a full class. Even though our offensive woes are going to continue, we could have one of the best defenses in the nation this fall. If Saban has taught us anything, it should be that sometimes D is all you need.

As far as Kelvin Taylor goes, the sun hasn't set yet on Mike Gillislee. He might still have a great season and be the back we should of had in 2011. I agree though, Taylor is going to add a lot to this offense.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #118
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
I think Florida and Texas A&M are both unknowns, with new coaches and coordinators and rebuilding efforts. They play each other on Sept. 9, and that game ought to sort out a lot of expectations for both teams! If I had to make book on that game, I'd have no idea who to favor!
It's a new chapter for the SEC. For some reason, I thought the game was in Gainesville, but I'm glad to see it's in College Station. It'll be a great game to watch, and probably even more fun to go to. So far, all the TAMU fans I talk to are excited about the change. I've heard people in Columbia aren't quite as ecstatic, but maybe that will come with time.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #119
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
It's a new chapter for the SEC. For some reason, I thought the game was in Gainesville, but I'm glad to see it's in College Station. It'll be a great game to watch, and probably even more fun to go to. So far, all the TAMU fans I talk to are excited about the change. I've heard people in Columbia aren't quite as ecstatic, but maybe that will come with time.
My sister and in-laws are all rabid Aggies. I don't understand their irrational exuberance about the move to the SEC. If they were a second rate team in the Big 12, how does that get better in the SEC? Now, on the other hand, if the new coach does as well at A&M as he did in Houston, their chances of doing well might be a bit better. But tell me, if the season started today, is there any argument that they wouldn't be rated much better than what, 5th or 6th in the SEC (on a good day?). Sometimes it better to not get what yer wishing for!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #120
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I have to admit, you were right when you said it was too early to be judging Muschamp. Three things have happened since the end of the season that make me think something might be brewing in Florida. Dan Quinn turned down the DC position in Tampa, Brent Pease chose Florida over Alabama, and Kelvin Taylor signs with Florida. I was a little disappointed with Muschamps ability to close the deal with these kids at the last minute, but I think Muschamp at least has the ball rolling. I'm still cautiously optimistic though because we seem to be following the same trend that FSU has fallen into since Bowden retired. As good as our recruiting was this year, these 5 star kids that are committing right now actually apply towards our 2012 signing class, not 2013 because they're planning on enrolling early. although they won't see the field, we technically could still sign a full class. Even though our offensive woes are going to continue, we could have one of the best defenses in the nation this fall. If Saban has taught us anything, it should be that sometimes D is all you need.

As far as Kelvin Taylor goes, the sun hasn't set yet on Mike Gillislee. He might still have a great season and be the back we should of had in 2011. I agree though, Taylor is going to add a lot to this offense.
I guess it comes down to playing. You want to be a 4 or 5 star player on a team full of them or do you want to be only one or two on a team, with the associated playing time? Some of these kids want to play and they'll go to a team that they can.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: