Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #121
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,441
Would you take the points?

"FSU rounds out football schedule with Savannah St"

"Savannah State finished 1-10 last season and was outscored by an average of nearly 31 points in its losses.
The Seminoles now have two smaller-division FCS schools on their schedule; they host Murray State on Sept. 1"
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #122
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
Would you take the points?

"FSU rounds out football schedule with Savannah St"

"Savannah State finished 1-10 last season and was outscored by an average of nearly 31 points in its losses.
The Seminoles now have two smaller-division FCS schools on their schedule; they host Murray State on Sept. 1"
I've said it before, one of Jurgen's NCAA reform steps would be these games don't count for "wins" when a team is trying to get the magic six for bowl eligibility. And there would be a maximum of one FCS game per season for a FBS team.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #123
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
Yeah....

Nov. 3.............. NEW MEXICO STATE (HC)

Poor Aggies. (Well they'll make a financial killing)

Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #124
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I've said it before, one of Jurgen's NCAA reform steps would be these games don't count for "wins" when a team is trying to get the magic six for bowl eligibility. And there would be a maximum of one FCS game per season for a FBS team.
Ironically, I think the teams that would be the most opposed are FCS. I have to ask, is there really a difference between playing an FCS team and playing one of the worst teams in D1?
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #125
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
Ironically, I think the teams that would be the most opposed are FCS. I have to ask, is there really a difference between playing an FCS team and playing one of the worst teams in D1?
Well, let's see Sam Houston State beat UNM last year 48-45 in overtime. But then Sam Houston State went on to play in the Championship Game losing to North Dakota State.

So using a one year example-- The very best of FCS is slightly better than the worst of FBS.

I agree, the FCS schools would oppose it, but still in the very least, shouldn't count towards Bowl Eligible "Wins."

Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #126
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
+1 But in this particular case, we have to give FSU a pass, as WVU pretty much put them in a bind when they cancelled their game. A good, quality opponent was likely not available.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #127
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Anybody know if these new rule changes still allow the onside kick?

From NCAA:
The Playing Rules Oversight Panel (PROP) during its conference call on Tuesday approved moving the kickoff and touchback lines beginning with the 2012 football season.

Next fall, teams will kick off at the 35-yard line instead of the 30. Also, players on the kicking team can
Old 02-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #128
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Will Muschamp got a big contract extension today through 2016.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #129
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Will Muschamp got a big contract extension today through 2016.
No doubt, Will had a great recruiting year, which must have helped. Still thinking with such a young team, they are at least another year away from competing with the big boys in the SEC. As I've said, their game with A&M will tell a lot (for both teams).
Old 02-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #130
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,034
Quote:
No doubt, Will had a great recruiting year, which must have helped. Still thinking with such a young team, they are at least another year away from competing with the big boys in the SEC. As I've said, their game with A&M will tell a lot (for both teams).
Depends on how good that defense is. They have the talent this year to have a shut-down defense. We're going to struggle on offense, but if the D is the monster I think it could be, we could snag some games we're not expected to win. I'm interested to see if UGA follows their trend of shrinking under the bright lights of expectation...should be ranked way up there with their talent and weak schedule.
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #131
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
Damn, that one got by me. I've been wondering if he would come to UF since he started as a Freshman. It will be nice to have a big, strong feature back again! Don't get me wrong, I love watching Demps and Rainey when they get loose, but they weren't built to take a beating. Just having Taylor this early should do great things for this upcoming class...Yee-haw!!!
Rivals 100 is out for 2013. I'm not sure how the kid didn't make the top 100.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #132
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Rivals 100 is out for 2013. I'm not sure how the kid didn't make the top 100.
I take all the "rankings" of high school players with a great big grain of salt. Way too many variables across the county including the quality of opponents and the maturity of the players, for those rankings to mean much.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #133
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I take all the "rankings" of high school players with a great big grain of salt. Way too many variables across the county including the quality of opponents and the maturity of the players, for those rankings to mean much.
absolutely. but considering the kid broke the state records (Emmitt Smith's) as a junior, you would think that would at least make him the top RB in the state of Florida. Obviously, there's more to it than that.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #134
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

5 Funniest Things Les Miles Ever Said

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...iles-ever-said

Quote:
"When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book."
Old 03-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #135
Fleece Johnson
Husky Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
No more lavender jersey's........ What color would be appropriate??

Edit: I figured it out Maize and Blue?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tv.com View Post
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer recently sent a letter of apology to a gay and lesbian rights group after it learned he planned to hand out lavender shirts to players caught loafing at practice.
The March 1 letter that Meyer sent to Scarlet & Gray: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Alumni Society, said that the football program has taken steps to change the color.
The group said that lavender is the predominant color associated with the gay and lesbian community.
In the letter, Meyer referred to the color as purple.
"The use of purple was never intended to be used to offend anyone, but since it has, we have taken steps to change the color," Meyer wrote. "Bias has absolutely no role in how we think or operate."
In a February news conference, linebacker Etienne Sabino said that no player wanted to have to wear the lavender jersey.
Tim Valentine, the group's president, told 10TV News that the group was happy with Ohio State's response to their concerns.
Fleece Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: