ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #1336
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Ca
Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKarl View Post
Not entirely true. The lady at Alfonsina's was screaming at Paul. Otherwise, yes. You might get away with it here if you're a topless model.
Haha true

In all of Baja there is 800 yards that your not allowed to ride on.

I just went down the beach some and got my fill just like the last 4 years
__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #1337
fudgypup OP
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 2,199
Happy Father's Day

Did some different kind of riding yesterday with BigTodd, his dad and son as well as my two kids in Huntington Beach.

Here's BigTodd


His son Sean on my board


Here's Todd and I helping my boy learn to stand


I lost my dad when I was 18 so just seeing three generations of family surfing together was pretty cool. I hope all you dads out there have a great day today. If you can, give your dad something special today to let him know he did good.
fudgypup is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #1338
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,434


Very nice.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR • Laguna Seca 2012 RR • Sequoia 3-Day Campout • Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #1339
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,345
Flea Market

Anyone else use the Flea Market thread? I have used this thread a lot for both finding items at great deals and selling some stuff I don't need. I have tried to give back anytime I can with the "Free to Military" threads as well. I have been hearing about some shady deals going down but have been fortunate not to get bit. Everyone I have met and dealt with on this thread has been great

Just a matter of odds, the more you play the more likely to get hurt.

Came across a great deal on an item I could use but don't really need. Send a PM, reply to thread and send email. By the way, I was the first repsonse (shown). I get a reply back, "this item might already be sold, but I have this other item if interested." No other listing though, no pic, no nothing ... but offering a lower price. I think to myself, wonder what this item might be going for on Ebay. Wait a minute, there is the same exact item, same price and even the same pic as on ADV, with a "buy it now" button. Click on buy it now, send payment and I'm happy. NOPE. Message from Ebay "seller cancelled transaction due to previous sale" Next is message from PayPal, account suspended, MINE! SHIT, SHIT, SHIT ... this might hurt some!



Oh yeah, got another FLAT tire yesterday. My fucking Karma is all fucked up!
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #1340
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Ca
Oddometer: 2,093
So far 20 transactions of buying and selling on adv and have not been burned yet
Even traded my stock 1200gs for a 2 year newer farkled ktm 990
Best trade ever !
__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #1341
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,518
Knock on wood, I have been lucky. I ran across an add on CL that smelled fishy. I dug in a bit and I found the same add on multiple listings of CL with different email addies to respond to. I did my part and sent that info to CL.


OBTW, if you see an add for a 26' enclosed trailer for $3150 be VERY VERY CAREFUL.
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #1342
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,434
Bob, do you have a thread started for your trip or just a RR when you get back????
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR • Laguna Seca 2012 RR • Sequoia 3-Day Campout • Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #1343
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Anyone else use the Flea Market thread? I have used this thread a lot for both finding items at great deals and selling some stuff I don't need. I have tried to give back anytime I can with the "Free to Military" threads as well. I have been hearing about some shady deals going down but have been fortunate not to get bit. Everyone I have met and dealt with on this thread has been great

Just a matter of odds, the more you play the more likely to get hurt.

Came across a great deal on an item I could use but don't really need. Send a PM, reply to thread and send email. By the way, I was the first repsonse (shown). I get a reply back, "this item might already be sold, but I have this other item if interested." No other listing though, no pic, no nothing ... but offering a lower price. I think to myself, wonder what this item might be going for on Ebay. Wait a minute, there is the same exact item, same price and even the same pic as on ADV, with a "buy it now" button. Click on buy it now, send payment and I'm happy. NOPE. Message from Ebay "seller cancelled transaction due to previous sale" Next is message from PayPal, account suspended, MINE! SHIT, SHIT, SHIT ... this might hurt some!



Oh yeah, got another FLAT tire yesterday. My fucking Karma is all fucked up!
I've only sold stuff on adv and we all know how shady I can be
Good luck with that karma thing... nice guy's don't get the best waves
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #1344
Mr. G
Normal Dude
 
Mr. G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Ventura Co, So Cal
Oddometer: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Knock on wood, I have been lucky. I ran across an add on CL that smelled fishy. I dug in a bit and I found the same add on multiple listings of CL with different email addies to respond to. I did my part and sent that info to CL.


OBTW, if you see an add for a 26' enclosed trailer for $3150 be VERY VERY CAREFUL.
If it sounds too good to be true ...it usually is. Face to face and cash only on CL whether I'm buying or selling
__________________
LATER...........Gregg

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #1345
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Bob, do you have a thread started for your trip or just a RR when you get back????
I scabbed onto friends riding, so I was going to do a RR when I got back. After I finish the CDR I am heading east to visit my FIL who has inoperable lung cancer. Then I will head to Austin to visit my brother and other friends. Then head for home. I am getting a wild hair and may end up at the RMAR events in late July in CO.

Can you tell I really don't want to go back to work!
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #1346
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
I scabbed onto friends riding, so I was going to do a RR when I got back. After I finish the CDR I am heading east to visit my FIL who has inoperable lung cancer. Then I will head to Austin to visit my brother and other friends. Then head for home. I am getting a wild hair and may end up at the RMAR events in late July in CO.

Can you tell I really don't want to go back to work!
Okay, then have a good time and take some pics.
Sorry about your FIL. Inoperable usually means terminal as well. That's a tough one.

Weren't you leaving July 1?
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR • Laguna Seca 2012 RR • Sequoia 3-Day Campout • Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #1347
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Okay, then have a good time and take some pics.
Sorry about your FIL. Inoperable usually means terminal as well. That's a tough one.

Weren't you leaving July 1?
I will take plenty of pictures. Lessons learned from our shorter trips.....I have two memeory cards and four batteries for the camera! I have the bike set up to charge them on the rides.

The hard part has been for my . I hate to leave her and yet she is a trooper and told me to go. I packed a "go bag" of the stuff I will need just in case. I thought she was going to cry when I told her where I put it.


Yup. I am going to baste in the desert on the 1st getting into Phoenix. Then I start climbing. Because of the fire situations in NM, and CO we can't have a so we have been changing plans to mostly cold or diner food. After the cool Rockies I'll be slogging through KS, OK, and TX in July plenty of stops for .and the stops for family and friends.

As my desert rat buddies say "Its a dry heat", I actually think it is more like a blast furnace!
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #1348
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,345
AC Schnitzer

Oh my! This is a different way to go with a GS

__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #1349
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Oh my! This is a different way to go with a GS

west Hollywood style...


__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #1350
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 4,434
AC Schnitzer is a big name with their car line. Some kind of racing entity in Germany, I think.

I find it not that attractive. But I've gotten really picky in my old age.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR • Laguna Seca 2012 RR • Sequoia 3-Day Campout • Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014