ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #1381
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
I would say take another hit off of the bong Dale, but since you spelled everything correctly I'll just assume that you are either extra super duper smart or use spell check

OR Maybe both
or maybe just copy paste ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarian_personality

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Old 06-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #1382
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,548
A word from the wiseR.I.P.
*Autoplay video deleted*

dzrtracin screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 04:20 PM Reason: *Autoplay video deleted*
Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #1383
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot View Post
Well said Paul.

I am so done with this shit.

leave each other alone you 3 year children and just ignore each other. Goes for razr and the rest of you.

This is suppose to be fun

Don't let me have all the fun banning you guys!

This is not JM and if you guys can't act civil, go find another sandbox

RAZR got 7 days (no I did not enjoy it! I would much rather have you guys play nice)
+1 this is total bullshit. If the wonder boyz, etal, have the need, let them start their own thread. They're totally outa control and seem only intent on lousing it up for the rest of us. Most of us login to read about the exploits of other not listen to the penny ante crap
Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #1384
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxbike View Post
+1 this is total bullshit. If the wonder boyz, etal, have the need, let them start their own thread. They're totally outa control and seem only intent on lousing it up for the rest of us. Most of us login to read about the exploits of other not listen to the penny ante crap

+1

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #1385
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
I love reading about the exploits...isn't that why we are all here? I quit riding my Harley as the 'tude got so bad, lots of the guys wouldn't ride with anyone not on a Harley. I would hate to think this place becomes like that with big versus small bikes. I've seen some peeps from this board do some amazing riding on those huge hulks...my hat is off to you.
To each their own, and if any one of you needed a hand out on the road or trail, I would do the right thing. Let us respect our differences, but remember we are all human beings with FEET OF CLAY.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #1386
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 609
Big Bear this weekend. I'll see you riders up there.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #1387
fudgypup OP
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
Big Bike Skillz: Wheel Lofting

I have been riding the GSA only about 15 months now and I still don't claim to know all there is about riding big bikes, but I do know that the single biggest factor getting me to where I am now has been instruction. I went to a great class put on by Jimmy Lewis (actually rides a GSA). It seems many here have done his classes too, as well as the guys at RawHyde who are also really good.

Earthrider is another outfit out of Ventura and they're having a Tire Lofting class tomorrow for $60. I'm pretty loyal to Jimmy based on all his support for the ADV community, but if his class is too far or too infrequent, or if RawHyde is too much $ for you, this is another option you can consider.

Tire or wheel-lofting is really important! There's a video on their site that will show you exactly why it's important. Say you're tooling down the road at 25-30 mph and a deep washout comes up on you really quick. You don't have time to stop and you don't want to end up putting your front wheel down into that hole and hitting the other side. This actually happened at DV n00bs on Sunday in the Panamint Valley. This guy on a 990 ended up breaking his wrist.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #1388
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

FP Thanks,if I wasn't so close to my departure I would love to take this class. Very important on the big pigs. I am being VERY VERY careful.

F*CK CANCER
Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #1389
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
I have been riding the GSA only about 15 months now and I still don't claim to know all there is about riding big bikes, but I do know that the single biggest factor getting me to where I am now has been instruction. I went to a great class put on by Jimmy Lewis (actually rides a GSA). It seems many here have done his classes too, as well as the guys at RawHyde who are also really good.

is another outfit out of Ventura and they're having a Tire Lofting class tomorrow for $60. I'm pretty loyal to Jimmy based on all his support for the ADV community, but if his class is too far or too infrequent, or if RawHyde is too much $ for you, this is another option you can consider.

Tire or wheel-lofting is really important! There's a video on their site that will show you exactly why it's important. Say you're tooling down the road at 25-30 mph and a deep washout comes up on you really quick. You don't have time to stop and you don't want to end up putting your front wheel down into that hole and hitting the other side. This actually happened at DV n00bs on Sunday in the Panamint Valley. This guy on a 990 ended up breaking his wrist.
i know all 3....
Jim (Hyde) and Jimmy are professionals something that Laine (earthrider) need to learn.
He rides GS650 Dakar but consider him-self expert on big bike riding (first time i did ride with him i asked him were his knowledge from. his answer was: self educated on off-road)...
i personally (on 2 different occasions) had to go and look for riders that he left behind (noobs on bigger bikes on Blue trails)... he did not have explanation....
i was told that if u don't have anything good to say then don't say anything, this guy put noobs at risk so i feel that i have to say something...
Old 06-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #1390
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster714 View Post
Yup
Old 06-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #1391
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Yup
u going?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #1392
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster714 View Post
Yo Aram, when/where? I'm riding some trails up to BB with a couple guys Sunday scouting some BIG bike routes for a future ride. Maybe we'll hook up.

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
Old 06-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #1393
fudgypup OP
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
i know all 3....
Jim (Hyde) and Jimmy are professionals something that Laine (earthrider) need to learn.
He rides GS650 Dakar but consider him-self expert on big bike riding (first time i did ride with him i asked him were his knowledge from. his answer was: self educated on off-road)...
i personally (on 2 different occasions) had to go and look for riders that he left behind (noobs on bigger bikes on Blue trails)... he did not have explanation....
i was told that if u don't have anything good to say then don't say anything, this guy put noobs at risk so i feel that i have to say something...
Was not aware of that. Hopefully they've taken steps to correct.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #1394
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,232
Quote:
u going?
Wheelin.... I'm sure I'll be seein some of you , I'll be on all black diamond trails....
Old 06-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #1395
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
i know all 3....
Based on that, I put him in the not going to ride with catagory. That is unacceptable. People leading n00bs have a responsibility to not put them in harms way! Or at least make them understand the danger they are getting into. But to LEAVE them!

Sad that he is calling himself a professional. I have run into him several times in Newberry Park.

F*CK CANCER
Closed Thread