User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
STROMVADER OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,100
Question Does anyone have a Zuma clone?

I am looking to get a scoot to convert to a dualsport scoot. People have bought Ruckclones, but does anyone have a Zumaclone 150? I am interested to hear experiences, good/bad, etc.. Have not heard much and couldn't find anything significant here.
STROMVADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
seraph
asshole on a scooter

Oddometer: 285
A friend bought a Bintelli Havoc 150 from a local dealer, a (visually) very close clone of a Zuma 125, that left him stranded almost immediately (within the first day or two) and then a couple more times. The dealer fixed it, then it failed again, and then they ultimately took it back because it proved to be so horrible. He ended up getting a Genuine Ratter 110 from them and just paying the difference.
seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
STROMVADER OP
Beastly Adventurer

While that is slightly discouraging, I'm looking at a Roketa Zumaclone. The Bintelli is similar to the real Zuma, but the Roketa is identical. Like all chinese scoots, it is built off the GY6 platform. From what I read, it is standard to replace all the fluids with real oils, etc. before you even start them. I can't justify spending a ton of dough on a scooter. If I'm going to spend thousands, I'll just get a WR250x/r. Thanks for the input!!
Old 10-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
tortoise2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Related thread.

The Bintelli Havoc uses the somewhat oddball BN157QMJ engine.
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,537
Shop around. Buy used. Don't buy Chinese.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
seraph
asshole on a scooter

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by STROMVADER View Post
While that is slightly discouraging, I'm looking at a Roketa Zumaclone. The Bintelli is similar to the real Zuma, but the Roketa is identical. Like all chinese scoots, it is built off the GY6 platform. From what I read, it is standard to replace all the fluids with real oils, etc. before you even start them. I can't justify spending a ton of dough on a scooter. If I'm going to spend thousands, I'll just get a WR250x/r. Thanks for the input!!
The Bintelli's headlight setup looks a lot more like the BWS 125, which is the Zuma 125 in other markets (Asia, for example). He didn't keep it long enough for any of us to see if the body panels carried over. That Roketa does look even closer, though (gas filler at the front of the seat, for example). Crazy.

If you shop around used you can probably find a Zuma 125 with low miles for under $2,000, depending on your local market. Obviously a far cry from the <$1000 of a Chinese bike, but they are ridiculously reliable scooters. Worth it, in my biased opinion (I own one). I see them put up with all manner of abuse (wheelies, jumps, burnouts, offroading, skate parks, and all sorts of customizing: big bore kits, transmission work, stretched, lowered) and they just keep running perfectly.
seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
STROMVADER OP
Beastly Adventurer

I had a chinese pitbike years ago that was chit and thought build quality may have got better. I'm on the lookout for a cheap Zuma. I'll find one+I've had Yamahas in the past and loved them. Hopefully someone about to pull the trigger on one of these sees this thread and heeds the warnings.