User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #76
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,606
i was ready to go home

but i notice a new restaurant up on the mountain, so i had to check it out first hand!!

so first i had to get up there

here is were i want to have breakfast next weekend!

the view

ok, got to go!!!

it was a interesting hill, a nice challenge for both of us

60+ miles and a lot of great times!!!

damasovi screwed with this post 02-24-2012 at 08:05 PM
damasovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #77
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

not m

like I said, not much new jvst some of friends have started talking about going all out and having a scooter of their own, and this is what happen..

more to come next Saturday!

Damasovi
Old 04-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #78
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 753
Interesting thread.

Long ago, back when VW Mexico was phasing out the original Beetle...I wanted to go down there and buy one. In the 1980s it was possible with waivers and loopholes; but by the early '00s it was not.

But cycle regulations, especially on small-displacement models, are looser.

I'd love to go down there...shop around. Get a high-quality low-displacement name-brand machine made for such a place...a Burgman 200 or one of the Honda or Yamaha models. And bring it up; by hook or by crook.

And I, and everyone else who wanted it that bad, would have a cheap scoot I could trust.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #79
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Beginning our scooter club!!!

Beginning our scooter club !!! So here and there I have been ask about mpg's and always say around 80 mpg and the total cost of the scooter is...so that got people interested in having there own scooter. So one thing lead to another now I have a group of friends who have or want to have a scooter.

We have gotten together to talk twice about what we want and don't so here are some pics from last time (Friday 13th) Since it was raining we all took cages to the caffe shop.

as you can see we are young and younger! lol!!! man and women, and together we will take off in this scooter world !!! AS a group I like them!!! more later!!!

Damasovi
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #80
RattleCanRacer
AKA: Steve.

Oddometer: 49
Why wouldnt you wanna be tariff busters just drive it over the border, get a valid scooter plate, slap it on, and go to town? I have an elite from 20 years ago that I'm am sure there is not one original part on it, I have never had a cop stick his big ass snoz under my fairings to check a VIN, the piece of shit pig wouldnt know what to look for, where to look, or what he's even looking for. I dare the fuzz to find my unmatching VIN and Engine. My XR500 isn't a valid VIN or Engine and shuldn't be plated and has no emissions stuff on it. I've been pulled over on my "XL250" registered plate, never any brows raised. You guys are really going to pay out of country fees and try and conform to the Leftshits emissions crap in California? C'mon! What do you guys do on a frame swap? How about an Engine swap? How about a Fairing Swap? How about a paint job? Get the gist?
Presently: 87 Elite 150, Plated 100% rebuilt NOS 82' single carb XR500, NightHawk 650, CB400. My friend told me my Motorcycle smells weird. I told him, "I haven't figured out how to tune the smell yet." Another friend asked "Does your Elite have power surges?" I said "I wish!"
RattleCanRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #81
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleCanRacer View Post
Why wouldnt you wanna be tariff busters just drive it over the border, get a valid scooter plate, slap it on, and go to town? Get the gist?
what?

Damasovi
Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #82
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

so it is the end of April and here we gooo!!

My friends from Ensenada Scooters and me went out for a ride this last Sunday. we were 3 scooters, and 1 suv with more people. We went for a local trip since 2 out of the 3 scooters were having there first outside the city adventure.

Weather could have been better, as we had drizzle for ALL the road north ! and at parts was so foggy that I could not see more than 30 feet in front of me, the good thing was that there was no traffic.

1 pic before I go
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #83
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

so, sunday was our day, and we were not going to let some little drizze stop us!!! no way, not even the 2 rookies who had never gone outside the city limits on there scooters! no way, we were ready!

8:20 am or so, and we were on the road! lite but constant drizzle, fog but on the good side, no wind and no traffic, so they (rookies) could go as fast or as slow as they need it, and slow WE WENT!

We went north east and had no stops until I was hungry and a little wet, so I said we should stop at ovr restavrant, el Cachanilla, a little bit short on the "target restaurant" and I am glad we did. My thinking was that it was going to be a very low visibility morning, and getting on a main road (2 lanes) doing only 30-35 mph was NOT a good idea. I ask everybody and they all said, "lets have breakfast!!"

At the restaurant we met other motorcyclist that we had past before, and they had past us, mostly choppers and 1 klr (the smartest of that group, lol!). INside we had warm food and coffee, also they all said I was a bad friend, since I did not mention that water gets people wet, and when ridding you get cold!!! wth??? ok so they are very new in 2 wheels so they need all the gear that I after 8 years have.

aaa we had so much fun!! we talk about a lot of things, scootering, walking, kids, scooters, travel, food and everything in between.

then it was time to go! I had hope that the drizzle had gone away, after all it was only morning food... but even do it was mid day, the "morning" coastal fog was not going away, not even at noon and we were inland.

A shoot of the 3 riders!
from right to left: Hugo, Yasmin and me.

Hugo's family has a big house or a small ranch in San Antonio and he said we should go to check it out for next time, so that is what we did.
There we were met by Hugo's family, parents, cousins, sister, brothers and a couple of his kids, so it was a great place.

more latter!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #84
RandyMarsh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
This is a great thread!! I would love to come down there and ride my Ruckus around while i practice my espanol!! I'm pretty far up North though amigo seguir a caballo!
RandyMarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #85
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

thanks amigo Randy, any time you want to come just let me know! how far north are you? because the little rockus is too little for many of the roads up north.

any way continuing... We went to the ranch in San Antonio and as soon as we got a little closer to the coast the drizzle return. HEre is a picture of the worse part of the fog.

by the way all the pictures were taken by Antonio the "official" medic and photographer of the group. He does not have a scooter, but thinks his wife may buy one this year so he just come a long, and he is a cool guy.

Once we got into the ranch we were in for a surprise! Hugo's father has a small winery and here come them bottles of red wine!!! damm!!! it was a tempranillo blend and it was just what we need it to let that heavy breakfast go away!

BY then it was all fun and games, the little girls (2 girls my Harley 4 years old, and the real 4 month old baby) had gone to sleep, so we had a break.

the scooters

this day was all about family and friends!!
my harley and me doing a 3 laps aroud the yard

the 3 scooterist, from left to righjt, Hugo, Yasmin, me and my wife Tania
Old 05-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #86
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
We get more Hondas here in EU, but at the prices they're asking, no one
is buying.

For the price of the Lead 110i, you can get a Scarabeo 200 or a Kymco 200,
for the price of SH150 you can ride any 250-300cc, and for the price of
SH300 you can ride almost any 500cc scoot.
If the price is too high and the product is not selling, the seller isn't making a killing. He just doesn't want to lose the investment, which includes overhead! Labor and exchange rates also dictate price.
YOUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #87
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

another weekend, another day ridding! this time with a another Vespa

b first a portrait that my friend took.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #88
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

2 months...

well it is almost 2 months ago since my last update, and the reason are that I am lazy and that I don't have a lot to say, expect the little around town that I do and one or 2 fun rides, both under the 100 mile mark still, but they are as fun as hell!!

here are some images from the last 3-4 rides that I have not post it.
the one we had a lot of tun was going to La Bufadora with my friend Luis who we shall call La Stella, and he drives a vespa 200 and here he is in a small stop to let traffic go:

I have no idea why he likes to ride with me, he has so much more power with almost double the motor (200 vs 103) So we did have a lot of fun and there was some road construction that I was worry for the vespa... but La Stella did not complain so we just went. Here is me on the same spot

nothing just the Pacific

before you get to la bufadora there is a little detour to 'La lobera" where I went the other time but this time it was sunny so we had to go !

the end of the 3-4 mile road

from this point you can see a dirt road that will get you very close to the water, and I ask La Stella if he wanted to try it, and it did not look that bad.. he said yes, and boy was I wrong to go down! it was rockier and nastier that it look from above, so I lot or break and no pictures going down, the good thing is went down and did not kiss the dirt.

At the bottom this is what we saw

any one want some sea food?

then it was time to go up again... I had my worries about the vespa but La Stella just went for it! and twice I saw white smoke coming from scooter... but he made it

from here we went for some fish tacos at la bufadora!!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #89
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

so after six months!

so now I am over the 6 moths of ownership, and I have to say I am very happy with the Beat. It does everything I was expecting and does is it fine! I was hoping to get up to 30-40 mph and getting around 80 mpg and on both thing I got it ! cruising speed is 70 km/hr or 43+ miles so I get that and around 80-82 mpg.

As you can read here, I have change a number of little things to make it better, the top box (over kill) the taller and wider side mirror (just enough) and foot pegs that I love for my 40-50 mile rides, and the clock to be on time for school!!

What I don't like is that on cold mornings it takes long time to warm up, but if you what the manual says and leave it with with the shock on for 3-5 minutes, then it gets warm and it all works great. The brakes are not top of line, so I drive according, and the light it is a 35 watt useless that I will change/improve when fall comes and maybe add a windshield to make it a lot better for the cold weather.

here is a recent pic of the kilometers I have done! I just had to stop for this one on my way to breakfast and on the libre hwy 1 going to Tijuana.(2,222.2km = 1,382 miles)

Maybe I will do more miles this coming semester if I do not take my girl to kindergarten, but if I do, no problem

gracias for reading!
Damasovi
Old 07-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #90
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,616
Honda rip off

"If the price is too high and the product is not selling, the seller isn't making a killing. He just doesn't want to lose the investment, which includes overhead! Labor and exchange rates also dictate price"

Both Honda Corporate and Honda dealers do their best to rip off everybody they can. Honda puts their MSRP way too high to compete with comparable products. Then when you get to the dealer, you find the high MSRP is only the beginning. Honda now has a new Metropolitan in the U.S., and the MSRP is an amazingly low (for Honda) $1999 (you can get a new Kymco Agility 125 for that, same quality) In the Phoenix, AZ area, a $1999 Met goes OTD for over $3000, after the dealer gets through adding on all their bogus freight, dealer prep, and doc fees. And then they will do their absolute best to coerce you into spending another thousand $$$ on an extended warranty and service agreement. It is a total rip off. It should be a felony. I agree they are not making a killing, because they are not selling anything, and they don't deserve to be, pulling crap like that. I will never buy another new Honda. I used to own a 2007 Met, bought slightly used for half Honda's OTD price on Craigslist. And it did 40 mph. I understand the new one only does 35 mph.

I have a 2009 leftover Yamaha Vino 125 that I got new OTD for under $3K, MSRP was $3500, so I didn't do to bad, considering it is Japanese. I also have a 2009 Genuine Stella 2 stroke that I got for $3K OTD. All I paid on it above the sale price was tax, title, and registration. That is the way it should be. Without a doubt, my next new scooter will come from Genuine or Kymco. Fed up with the Japanese scam artists.

By the way, I really like that Beat. I think it's great that it is still air cooled and has a carburetor. I'm not really down on liquid cooling, other than it is something else to go wrong. But it is also easy to fix. It is old technology. The first Ford Model T was liquid cooled. But fuel injection and anti-lock brakes are 2 things I will never accept.
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote